Solhel Ra (Greater Holy Dagger):
There are a number of holy artifacts which have been created for the Church of Light and Dark. Some were created for the forces of light while others were created for the forces of Darkness. One of the most famous weapons is Solhel Ra, a holy dagger believed by most to be dedicated to the God Ra. Some also called the dagger the "Sun Blade." At one time, thousands of years ago, the dagger was believed to be carried by Ra's high priest at Sekti-Abtu. It had been in the priests of the temple's hands for unknown ages. The high priest was killed and his dagger was taken, lost in history for the last several thousand years. Some scholars say that he was murdered on orders of the High Priest of Set while others say that the High Priest angered a noble. There are a great many stories told, one even tells that it was simple banditry, but no one really knows. There have been a great many rumors about the weapons location over the ages but no one have been able to reclaim it and many have lost their lives in the pursuit of the artifact. Still, it has not stopped both treasure seekers and servants of the church from looking for the item. Some scholars speculate that the item was hidden by a dark priest servant of Set who killed himself right after hiding the dagger in order than no one could find it.
Solhel Ra is a heavy twin bladed dagger. The weapon's style is best described as that of a Cinquedea. The weapon is triangular in form and comes to an extremely sharp point. The blade itself is extremely shiny like polished silver and on the sides of the blade are inscribed hieroglyphics. On each of the blade, down the center, runs a deep groove. The handle of the dagger looks like it is made from pure gold and is decorated by gems including the pommel ending in a large diamond. Like the blade, the handle seems to almost shine like the sun. Stories told by scholars say that they weapon shows no signs of wear even though it is many thousands of years old. Just for its beauty, the dagger would be extremely valuable. Even though the weapon is a work of art, it is still extremely well balanced and is the equal of any weapon crafted by the dwarves.
Like many holy weapons, Solhel Ra is said to pierce deeper than a dagger should and be particularly effective against supernatural creatures. There are several legends of priests using it in battle to slay demons and other monsters. When drawn, the weapon appears to glow with a golden light. This glow is so bright that when drawn, the blade will actually illuminate a 30 foot (9.1 meter) area. It is not quite blinding to look at the blade but is hard to look at for long. Old legends tell of priests holding the weapon up high above their heads and even greater demons running before the light of Ra. The same legends tell of animated dead being turned by the light of the sword.
- Basic Statistics:
- Virtually indestructible and never dulls
- Glows with a bright golden halo of energy when drawn and registers as magic
- Adds +5% to all prayers to one's deity.
- Damage Bonus: Weapon inflicts 2D6 additional Damage (S.D.C. in S.D.C. worlds and M.D.C. in M.D.C. worlds).
- Monster Slayer: Inflicts normal S.D.C. damage +6 points to human and mortal foes, but does double damage to supernatural beings and creatures of magic. It does S.D.C. in S.D.C. worlds and M.D.C. in M.D.C. worlds.
- Turn 6D6 Dead: By raising the dagger above one's head and calling the name of "Ra," there is a 1-80% chance that all animated dead within line of sight of the weapon will turn and leave the area for at least 2D4 hours.
- Expel Deevils, Demons and Entities: Ratio for success is 89% against lesser foes and 44% against greater demons/deevils. The expulsion is accomplished by raising the dagger over one's head and calling the name of "Ra." The power is basically the same as the banishment and exorcism spells combined.
- Damage: 3D6+14 (+ Strength), weapon inflicts double damage against
supernatural beings and creatures of magic. (Weapon inflicts S.D.C. in
S.D.C. World and Mega-Damage in Rifts).
Weight: 1.5 lbs (0.7 kg) Length: 1.6 feet (0.5 meters)
Bonuses: +2 to Initiative, +2 to Strike, and +3 to Parry.
[ Baalgor Wastelands TM, Barraduk TM, Caer Kurgas TM, Caer Itom TM, Church of Light and Dark TM, Dragonwright TM, Eastern Territories TM, Great Northern Wilderness TM, Heim TM, Hoknar TM, House Elial TM, House Kaze TM, Kisenite TM, Kym-nark-mar TM, Land of the South Winds TM, Lemaria TM, Llorn TM, Lopan TM, Lopnel TM, Mega-Damage TM, Odguard TM, Old Kingdom TM, Panath TM, Phi TM, Rifter TM, Rurga TM, S.D.C. TM, Styphon TM, Tark TM, Timiro Kingdom TM, Utu TM, Vald-Tegor TM, Vequerrel Woodlands TM, Western Empire TM, Wolfen TM, Yin-Sloth Jungles TM, and Zandragal TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2007, Kitsune. All rights reserved.