Deathfire (Magical Plate Armor):
Like many ancient magic items, the history of this magic armor is unclear. The priests of the god Utu claim that their god made the armor but most scholars doubt it, believing that the armor was made by a renegade alchemist several millenniums previously. It is true that several dark knights dedicated to the god Utu have worn this armor. Over the history of the armor, most of the wearers have been evil, some very evil, but if has been won by a handful who have not been. One of the best known, several centuries ago, was a paladin dedicated the god Osiris. Unlike many other magic armors, there has only been one armor of this type made and is considered virtually priceless to those who desire the armor.
Deathfire is one of the most scary appearing armors in existence. The armor rivals such armors as the Demon Bone Armor. It is a suit of dull black plate armor, appearing to be of the finest quality, with the armor is covered in spikes and strange designs run along the armor. This is not what makes the armor truly scary. When not worn, the face of the helm is made of the same matt black metal but appears to have the front as a human skull. When donned, the helm disappears and in its place is a bare human skull which seems to stare out from empty eye sockets. The head sits on naked neck bones. If a person can see through illusions, they will see the helm. That appears to be the only part of the body which is visible, the armor covers everywhere else. The plate armor is incredibly well articulated and the wearer can move almost as if they are not wearing any armor. When the armor bursts into flames, it becomes even more fearsome. Many have run if fear of an armor which appears to be worn by a skeleton which is on fire
The armor is of the finest quality, appearing to have been made by a master Dwarven armorer. The armor is further reinforced by magic and can withstand damage which would devastate a normal suit of plate armor. It also appears to be able to regenerate almost any damage. The plate armor has almost been destroyed several times but its ability to regenerate has allowed it to survive. The armor is enchanted so that it is virtually weightless. The most fantastic ability of the armor is the ability to burst into flames. This makes the armor even harder to penetrate than it normal is and also adds an additional layer of protection. This ability to burst into flames is limited to three times per day. Of course there is the illusion of a skull instead of a helm. While the other enchantments can be reproduced, no alchemist has been able to reproduce this ability.
- A.R. Rating: 17 (19 when in flames) S.D.C.: 452 (552 when
in flames) Weight: Effectively weightless
- Sharp Spikes: The armor is covered in sharp spikes. Anyone attempted a punch, kick, or grab without some form of protection will get cut. Person attack will have 1D4 points of damage inflicted against them. This is SDC damage and does not become MDC damage in MDC environments.
- Skull Head: The helm, when worn, appears to be a human skull instead of a helm. If a person cannot see through illusions, the armor has a horror factor of thirteen (13). If the armor is on fire, this horror factor increases to fifteen (15.)
- Burst into Flame (3 x Daily): The armor bursts into enchanted flames with a duration of 12 minutes each time. The magical flame adds an addition 100 S.D.C. (M.D.C. in Rifts) which all damage is taken from first. The armor's A.R. Rating is also increased by two points for an A.R. Rating of 19. As well, any touch on the armor inflicts 3D6 damage and has a 50% chance of catching combustible materials on fire. The wearer is unaffected by their own flames and can see clearly.
- Regenerating Armor: Damage inflicted on the armor is restored / regenerated at the rate of 10 S.D.C. per hour. If the armor is destroyed (Reduced to 0 S.D.C.), the enchantment is broken and the armor is worthless.
- Weightless: The armor only weighs only about an ounce and has no mobility penalties and half prowl penalties.
Special Features: Dwarven Construction (20% greater armor), Additional Armor (+50 S.D.C. but increase weight by 40 lbs)
[ Baalgor Wastelands TM, Barraduk TM, Caer Kurgas TM, Caer Itom TM, Church of Light and Dark TM, Dragonwright TM, Eastern Territories TM, Great Northern Wilderness TM, Heim TM, Hoknar TM, House Elial TM, House Kaze TM, Kisenite TM, Kym-nark-mar TM, Land of the South Winds TM, Lemaria TM, Llorn TM, Lopan TM, Lopnel TM, Mega-Damage TM, Odguard TM, Old Kingdom TM, Panath TM, Phi TM, Rifter TM, Rurga TM, S.D.C. TM, Styphon TM, Tark TM, Timiro Kingdom TM, Utu TM, Vald-Tegor TM, Vequerrel Woodlands TM, Western Empire TM, Wolfen TM, Yin-Sloth Jungles TM, and Zandragal TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2007, Kitsune. All rights reserved.