Optional Rules for Palladium Fantasy:
On this page are alternate rules concerning various rules for Palladium Fantasy Games games. You can use them, you can not use them but they are listed for your use.
Date in Parentheses () is last date modified or when the file was added to the website.
- Dragon Forged Weapons (Lesser Magic Weapons)
by Kitsune. (09/26/2014)
- Alternate method by which magic weapons can be created through the use of Dragon Bone Powder.
Does not require the skills of an alchemist to create them.
Palladium Fantasy Background Skills by Kitsune. (08/07/1999)
- Everybody has a background. This list allows for characters to get a
few extra skills based on their background.
Learning Spells by Kitsune. (03/18/2012)
- Set of rules to guide the time a mage requires to learn new spells. Designed to be
both quick and simple. These rules can be used for all of Palladium Games setting that
have magic within them.
Master Smith Skill by Kitsune. (01/03/2016)
- Considered a technical skill. Allows charcater to make master quality weapons or armor including making items with bonuses.
In the Palldium World, the ability to make armor and weapons with non magical bonuses is generally limited to Dwarves and Kobalds.
Modified Vampire Rules by Kitsune. (10/15/2007)
- Slightly modified rules revising treatment of holy water and holy symbols with vampires.
Non-Human Zombies and Mummies by Kitsune. (10/13/2008)
- Beyond the Supernatural, Nightbane, Palladium Fantasy, and Rifts only describe Zombies and
Mummies of basic human origin. There are many other possibilities including monster races and
animals. This is a list of just a few alternate mummy and zombie type.
Optional Damage Capacity of Holy Weapons by Kitsune. (06/27/2003)
- In the Main Palladium Fantasy Book, Holy Weapons are treated as being incredibly
tough, seldom bread, and rarely dull. These rules are how to treat damage to holy weapons similarly to weapons in Rifts: Japan.
Optional Major Psychic Rules by Kitsune. (09/26/2014)
- By the standard rules, major psychics lose a number of skills. This optional rule allows characters to retain all of
their skills however pays more experience per level.
Raising P.P.E. through Ritual by Kitsune. (12/30/2001)
- Rules for Spell Casters to gain more magic energy by the use of Rituals. Some rituals are
fairly benign while others are considered quite evil.
Revised Fantasy Heights & Weights by Kitsune. (05/01/2004)
- The Height and weights for races in Palladium Fantasy do not match very well for several races,
have no variation for males and females, and some are positively used. This provides a random system
for determining height and weight.
Revised Palladium Shield Types by Kitsune. (10/25/2015)
- Revised and expanded rules for shields. Gives multiple different types of common shield types.
Supernatural Zombies and Mummies by Kitsune. (11/28/2008)
- Beyond the Supernatural, Nightbane, Palladium Fantasy, and Rifts only describe Zombies and Mummies of basic human origin.
In addition to using other humanoid races and animals, some supernatural creatures make extremely dangerous mummies and zombies.
“Ward Scored” Magic Armor by Kitsune. (10/25/2009)
- Method used to create magic armors which use ward and wizard magic and do not require the skills of an alchemist to create the enchanted armors.
Weapons for Larger Humanoids by Kitsune. (09/26/2014)
- Alternate rules for the damage of weapons used by races which are larger than normal humans.