Zilkia Industries ZI-64L Reaper Hawk Robot Fighter:
This fighter is one of the single most advanced fighter designs operated on Rifts Earth and is derived from the design of the Kittani Robot Fighter commonly seen in the Three Galaxies. While the fighter's combat abilities do not equal those of the original design, it is an incredibly dangerous opponent and is capable of taking on virtually any fighter design operated on Rifts Earth including the New German Republics most advanced designs. Both the Coalition and Triax have been attempting to acquire copies of this fighter. So far, the fighter has mostly been kept in the companies hands and only a handful have been sold to other parties. Only the most trustworthy of customers have been allowed to acquire these fighters and the purchaser must sign a contract to sell back the fighter to the company instead of selling it off and in case of capture, the robot fighter is to be destroyed.
One major change in the design is the replacement of the engines with far less powerful units. Even with these less powerful thrusters, the transformable fighter is still capable of speeds up to Mach 4.2 and the fighter has a maximum altitude of around one hundred and twenty-thousand feet. It is no longer trans-atmospheric. There are few fighters on Rifts Earth which are faster or have as high a maximum altitude. When transformed into "humanoid" mode, the vehicle has a top speed of just under Mach One due to the additional aerodynamic drag and placement of the thrusters.
Electronics, while incredibly advanced, are of Rifts Earth origin. The cost of Three Galaxies electronic systems is simply prohibitive and extremely dangerous if they fell into the wrong hands. Coalition fighters with electronic systems derived from those built in the Three Galaxies could completely upset the balance of power. The fighter does carry a powerful jamming system although more like those carried in some power armors. As well, the robot fighter adds a decoy system for defense against incoming missiles. Armor is identical to the original model and the fighter can take a huge amount of abuse. The one major upgrade as far as protection is the fighter is small enough to carry a Naruni robot force field. This vastly increases the amount of damage which the fighter can withstand.
The only real weakness which the Kittani Robot Fighter could be perceived to have is a lack of firepower. The Robot Fighter is relatively small and unusual in shape. As a result, the design was difficult to modified to carry more weaponry. In an effort to increase the main weaponry, the standard pulse lasers were replaced by a pair of Triax pulse lasers. These increase the weapon's basic firepower as well as giving the weapon system the ability to deal easier with laser resistant armor. The laser in the upper turret is also upgraded although the weapon system mounts a fire control system similar to the Spider Defense System and can operate without pilot input. There are emergency controls for the weapon so that the pilot can operate them. With a smaller engine, the mini-missile launcher could be slightly enlarged with a capacity of twelve mini-missiles per launcher for twenty-four total. Finally, the fighter mounts a pair of hard points on the sides which allows for the carrying of additional missiles, rocket packs, electronic systems, or even towed decoys. These hard point weapon systems are basically identical to those carried on Metalworks Industries as well. It should be noted that these weapon systems do create drag and while carrying external ordnance, the fighter. The only weapon system which is retained without any modification are the forearm energy blades. Of course the fighter only rarely engages in hand to hand combat so their utility is highly questionable.
Model Type: ZI-64L Reaper Hawk
Class: Advanced Robotic Atmospheric Fighter
M.D.C. by Location:
| Pulse Laser Cannons (2):||150 each|
| Forearm Blades (2):||75 each|
| Pulse Laser Turret (1):||180|
|Mini-Missile Launchers (2):||100 each|
|Arms (2):||170 each|
|Legs (2):||220 each|
|Reinforced Pilots Compartment||100|
| Main Body:||450|
| Force Field (N-50 Robot):||320|
 These are small and difficult targets to strike, requiring the attacker to make a "called shot" but even then the attacker is -4 to strike.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the aircraft down completely, rendering it useless and causing it to crash if in flight
 The force field will stop energy attacks and fast moving objects. Slow moving objects can pass through. The force field regenerates one (1) M.D.C. per melee round unless overloaded and then cannot be activated for 12 hours if overloaded. The force field pulls its power off of the power plant.
Running: 60 mph (96.6 kph) in robot /humanoid form. Not possible in fighter form.
Leaping: In humanoid / robot form can leap 40 feet (12.2 meters) up or 80 feet (24.4 meters) across without thruster boost.
Flying: In humanoid /robot form, vehicle can hover and can go up to a maximum speed of 650 mph (1,046.1 kph / 564.8 knots). In fighter mode, vehicle can also hover and has a maximum speed of Mach 4.2 (2772 mph / 4461.1 kph) when not carrying external ordnance. When carrying external ordnance, fighter has a maximum speed of Mach 3.8 (2508 mph / 4036.2 kph.) It can hover stationary and can fly up to 120,000 feet (36,576 meters).
Underwater: It can walk along the bottom of the sea floor at 25% of maximum speed. The Reaper Hawk can also use its thrusters to travel up to a maximum speed of 50 mph (80 km)
Maximum Ocean Depth: 1 mile (1.6 km)
Maximum Effective Range: Effectively unlimited, engine does not overheat at high speeds due to advanced cooling system.
Height: 15 feet (4.57 meters) in robot form, 7.5 feet (2.29 meters) in fighter form.
Width: 7 feet (2.13 meters) in robot form, 20 feet (6.10 meters) in fighter form.
Length: 6 feet (1.83 meters) in robot form, 20 feet (6.10 meters) in fighter form.
Weight: 5 tons (4.53 metric tons)
Cargo: Minimal (Enough for weapons and small equipment for Pilot)
Physical Strength: Equal to a robotic P.S. of 35
Power System: Nuclear, average energy life is 20 years.
Black Market Cost: 50 million credits, add 4 million for a super heavy Naruni force field.
- Variable Frequency Pulse Laser Pods (2): These are mounted in the shoulders when in humanoid /robot mode and in the wings when in fighter mode. The original pulse lasers were replaced with copies of the TX-41 pulse laser. The laser retains the variable frequency setting and the ability to fire bursts. The weapon has 12 different possible frequencies to counter laser resistant armor. Number 7 counters USA-10 Glitterboy and all other setting are designed to counter other laser resistant materials. Both lasers can be fired together.
- Variable Frequency Pulse Laser Turret (1): Mounted in a head position in robot / humanoid mode and as an upper turret in fighter mode. Turret can rotate 360 degrees and has a 90 degree arc of fire upward and approximately 15 degrees downward. The laser is the TX-41 variable frequency laser developed by Triax. The laser retains the variable frequency setting and the ability to fire bursts. The weapon has 12 different possible frequencies to counter laser resistant armor. Number 7 counters USA-10 Glitterboy and all other setting are designed to counter other laser resistant materials. Unlike the forward lasers, the laser has a computer control similar to the Spider Defense System although can be operated manually as well. On automatic, the weapon system is extremely useful against incoming missiles.
- Side Mounted Mini-Missile Systems (2): These launchers are mounted on the sides of the fighter and missile capacity is increased from eight per launcher to twelve each for twenty-four mini-missiles total. Normally used for short range combat and is extremely devastating when used in that manner.
- Hard Points (2): The Reaper Hawk has two hard points for ordnance and equipment. Below is a list of hard points and the loads that they can carry. Missiles, rocket packs, and bombs can be mixed or matched but all ordnance on a hard point must be the same type.
- Bombs and Missiles: The only restriction is that a hard point must carry all the same type of missiles or bombs. Both unguided and guided bombs can be carried.
- Mini-Missile Pod: Large capacity mini-missile pod. The Aircraft normally carries missile pods for ground strafing, anti-troop, and anti-emplacement attacks. Normal missile used are armor piercing, plasma, or fragmentation mini-missiles.
- Rail Gun Pods: Copies of the NG-202 set up in a pod that is designed to be mounted on the hard points. The cannon is set up like the NG-202 on the Samson power armor with a greater rate of fire that the normal NG-202.
- Active Jamming Pod: Pod takes place of all ordnance on the Hard Point. Causes -25% to detection but when it is active, other vehicles/ bases can detect that it is jamming, and some missiles will home in on jamming signals. Jamming also causes a -4 penalty to all radar guided weapons.
- Anti-Missile Chaff Dispenser: Located on the lower legs of the Robot Fighter are two chaff dispenser. When tailed by a missile, a cloud of chaff and other obtrusive particles can be released to confuse or detonate the enemy's attack. Rifts Earth decoys systems are assumed to not operate against Phase World missiles due to technological difference. Reduce effects by 20% against smart missiles (Add +20% to rolls for smart missiles.)
Maximum Effective Range: 4,000 feet (1,200 meters).
Mega-Damage: 3D6 for single shot and 1D6x10 for three round burst (Both lasers combined inflict 2D6x10 for a six round burst.)
Rate of Fire: Equal to pilots hand to hand.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: 4,000 feet (1,200 meters).
Mega-Damage: 3D6 for single shot and 1D6x10 for three round burst
Rate of Fire: Automatic: 6 Attacks per melee (+2 to strike), Manual: Equal to pilots hand to hand.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Missile Type: Any mini-missile can be used, but standard issue is armor piercing (1D4x10 M.D.) or plasma (1D6x10). Fragmentation will be used for anti-personnel operations.
Maximum Effective Range: Varies with mini-missile type (Go to revised bomb and missile tables for details.)
Mega-Damage: Varies with mini-missile type (Go to revised bomb and missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of two (2), four (4), or eight (8).
Payload: Twelve per laucher for twenty-four total.
Maximum Effective Range: Varies by missile type for missile and varies by altitude bombs are dropped at (Go to revised bomb and missile tables for details.)
Mega Damage: Varies by missile or bomb type (Go to revised bomb and missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: Missiles can be fired and bombs can be dropped one at a time per hard point. Multiple hard points can be linked as one attack but must be the same size (light, medium, or heavy) and style of ordnance (all missiles or bombs in a volley)
Payload: Varies by hard point (see above - all ordnance on a hard point must be the same size and type of ordnance)
Maximum Effective Range: Varies with missile types, mini-missiles only (Go to revised bomb and missile tables for details.)
Mega-Damage: Varies with mini-missile types (Go to revised bomb and missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: Each pod can fire one at a time or in volleys of 2, 4, 8, or 16 and can be linked with other mini missile pods for greater number of missiles (Counts as one attack no matter how many missiles in volley)
Payload: each pod carries 16 mini-missile.
Maximum Effective Range: 4,000 feet (1,200 meters)
Mega Damage: 1D6x10 M.D.C. per burst of 60 rounds for one rail gun (Multiple rail guns can be combined for greater damage.)
Rate of Fire: Equal to pilots hand to hand (usually 5 or 6).
Payload: 3,000 rounds each gun, That is 50 Bursts for each rail gun
e. Advanced Towed Decoys (4): Pod takes place of all ordnance on the Hard Point. The aircraft can carry a special pod that carries four advanced towed decoy drones. These drones are dragged about 328 feet (100 meters) behind the aircraft on a thin cable. Each is a specially designed radar lure that creates a radar image to mimic the aircraft. The decoy has a special jammer that is designed to decoy missiles that have been programmed to home on jamming signals. If decoys are not destroyed, they can be recovered and repaired. Rifts Earth decoy systems are assumed to not operate against Phase World weapons due to technological difference.
Effects: The decoy has an 80% chance of fooling ordinary non military radars and non smart guided missiles, the decoy has a 50% chance of fooling military level radars (like those of the Coalition), and the decoy has a 25% chance of fooling advanced military radars (Like those of the New Navy and Triax) and smart missiles. Against missiles homing on a jamming signal, jamming has an 40% chance of tricking missiles if both the aircraft and missile are jamming and an 80% chance if the jamming system on the aircraft is deactivated before the missile reaches is.
Maximum Effective Range: Not Applicable although decoy is deployed 328 feet (100 meters) from the aircraft
Rate of Fire: One can be deployed at a time and requires 15 seconds to deploy (Reel Out) another decoy
Payload: 4 Decoys
- 01-50 Enemy missile or missile volley detonates in chaff cloud - Missile
are all destroyed
51-75 Enemy missile or missile volley loses track of real target and veers away in wrong direction (May lock onto another target.)
76-00 No effect, missile is still on target
Payload: Eight (8) - four each leg
Mega-Damage: 1D4x10 when Energized and 1D4 when used as a blunt weapon.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the number of hand to hand attacks of the pilot and his vehicle (usually 4-6, see Power Armor Training). Paired weapons may be used with both forearm blades
Maximum Effective Range: Close Combat
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
- Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
Punch - 2D4 M.D.
Power Punch - 3D6 M.D.
Kick - 2D6 M.D.
Leap Kick - 4D6 M.D.
Sensor System of Note:
The Reaper Hawk has full optical systems, including laser targeting, telescopic, passive nightvision (light amplification), thermo-imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization. Plus all other features common to all power armor. In addition to these, the power armor has these additional features.
- Advanced Radar and Targeting Computer: Range of 100 miles (160 km) radius as long as there are no obstructions preventing detection. The system also has the ability to track 144 targets simultaneously. Build in is also a sonar system for use underwater. Passive Sonar has a range of 8 mile (12.8 km) and Active Sonar has a range of 12 miles (19.3 km)
[ Altarian TM, Bandito Arms TM, Brodkil TM, Chipwell Armaments TM, Coalition States TM, Cyber-Knight TM, Federation of Magic TM, Free Quebec TM, Golden Age Weaponsmiths TM, Iron Heart Armaments TM, Kankoran TM, Kittani TM, Larsen's Brigade TM, M.D.C. TM, Mechanoids TM, Mega-Damage TM, Megaversal Legion TM, Millennium Tree TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, New Navy TM, New Sovietskiy TM, NGR TM, Nog Heng TM, Northern Gun TM, Phase World TM, Psyscape TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Shemarrian TM, Splugorth TM, Stormspire TM, Sunaj TM, Tolkeen TM, Triax TM, Wellington Industries TM, Wilk's Laser Technologies TM, Xiticix TM, and Zaayr TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Copyright © 1999 & 2007, Ki-tarn & Kitsune. All rights reserved.