Expanded Power Armor Properties:
Power Armors have displays which replay all data on the face of the helmet which is only visible from the inside. The displays are usually a combination of graphs and actual number listing. The graphs are easy to read even by most illiterate troops although piloting power armors is more difficult without literacy. Some suits of power armor such as those manufactured by Triax have additional features.
- Nuclear Power: Virtually all power armors use a nuclear fusion reactor with at least a 5 year life span. Displays show status of reactor.
- Short Range Radar: Power Armor is equipped with a short range radar. Radar system has a range of 10 miles (16 km) and can identify and track up to 24 targets.
- Combat / Targeting Computer: System calculates, stores, and transmits data onto the faceplate of the power armor. Computer assists in the tracking of targets. The system also has a data base of targets and has the ability to identify most common targets. This include enemy units but most post Rifts groups have also added a data base of supernatural creatures. As a final feature, the computer creates a map of area based on sensor data.
- Laser Targeting System: The system is designed to assist in the selection and focusing on a specific target. System gives a bonus of +1 to strike using long range weapons but must have line of sight. As well, most mini-missiles are designed to follow the laser beam to the target. Some flying power armors also have a laser navigation system. Laser system makes a map of terrain.
- Visual Magnification: This system allows magnification of 2 x to 8 x. Displays on side screen on face plate. Power Armor also has data recording for 48 hours at high resolution and 144 hours at low resolution.
- Thermo-Imager: Range: 2,000 ft (609 m). Finds the infrared radiations of things that are warm. Also enables pilot to see in smoke, shadows and darkness. System has disadvantage of being able to be detected.
- Nightvision Optics: Range: 2,000 ft (609 m). Uses light amplification to make a picture. Emits no light but will not work in absolute darkness. System can be dazzled by sudden bright lights but does not physically blind the wearer.
- Infra-Red / Laser Detector: The system is designed to detect any infrared or laser beams which paint or target the power armor. Power armor has special sensors built into the exterior every few inches. Sensors gives strength of the signal and the person can often determine if they have been detected from signal strength.
- Radar Detector: System is designed to passively detect other radars being operated. System give information such as relative strength and number of signals. Sensors gives strength of the signal and the person can often determine if they have been detected from signal strength.
- Internal Active Jamming Gear: Causes -25% to detection but when it is active, other vehicles/ bases can detect that it is jamming, and some missiles will home in on jamming signals. Jamming also causes a -4 penalty to all radar guided weapons.
- Compass and Clock Calender: In addition to other features, power armor is fitted with a compass and clock calender. Many Power Armors have an inertial navigation system which the computer plots location based on last recorded location and speed and course of travel. Computer will attempt to use recorded data from other sensors to refine location. In some advanced power armors like those in the New German Republic, the computer also can use star positions for navigation purposes. Power armors produced before the coming of the Rifts also have a satellite navigation system built in. System could locate individual with a few inches of their location and projects location of computer map display. Data was downloaded from the satellite for map in most cases although expected maps were usually stored in computer before mission started. Since all of the navigation satellites have been destroyed, the system is mostly useless. Large nations such as the Coalition and New German Republic have a system which uses ground based transmitters to plot location.
- Radio Communication: Power Armors are equipped with a long range direction communication system. The system has an effective range of 500 miles (800 km). The power armor is also outfitted with a short range directional radio. Short range radio has a range of 20 miles (32 km). Most power armors are also fitted with a radio scrambler to prevent others from easily listening in on communications. Most power armors are equipped with a loudspeaker with an output of 80 decibels and an external audio pickup. Some power armors also are equipped with an internal language translator. Radio communication systems on power armors produced before the coming of the Rifts also have a satellite communication system but is pretty much useless after the coming of the Rifts due to communication satellites being destroyed.
- Advanced Life Support: Computer controlled life support system with artificial air circulation, gas filtration, and humidifier. Also has an independent oxygen supply which automatically engages in condition of low oxygen and contaminated air environment. Power armors has an eight hour oxygen supply with some special suits having a twelve hour oxygen supply. Power Armor displays present atmospheric conditions including toxins in the air and amount of oxygen back to wearer. Power Armor has an internal cooling system and temperature control. Temperature can be set for wearer preferences. The system displays temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure.
- High Temperature Insulation: Power armors are more from high temperature materials that is designed to resist temperatures up to 400 degrees centigrade. Normal fires inflict no damage but extremely high temperature fire such as plasma and magic fire inflicts full damage.
- Radiation Shielding: Power armors have radiation shielding which is far more effective than body armors. As well, the power armor is equipped with sensors to monitor the amount of radiation that the power armor is exposed to. This is displayed to the wearer of the armor.
- Protective Visor: The visor is polarized and is light sensitive. It adjusts tinting to protect wearers eyes. Polarization darkens quickly to protect against sudden bright lights as well as darkening more slowly to deal with powerful light conditions.
[ Altarian TM, Bandito Arms TM, Brodkil TM, Chipwell Armaments TM, Coalition States TM, Cyber-Knight TM, Federation of Magic TM, Free Quebec TM, Golden Age Weaponsmiths TM, Iron Heart Armaments TM, Kankoran TM, Kittani TM, Larsen's Brigade TM, M.D.C. TM, Mechanoids TM, Mega-Damage TM, Megaversal Legion TM, Millennium Tree TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, New Navy TM, New Sovietskiy TM, NGR TM, Nog Heng TM, Northern Gun TM, Phase World TM, Psyscape TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Shemarrian TM, Splugorth TM, Stormspire TM, Sunaj TM, Tolkeen TM, Triax TM, Wellington Industries TM, Wilk's Laser Technologies TM, Xiticix TM, and Zaayr TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune)
Copyright © 2002 Kitsune. All rights reserved.