Widow's Fleet (Pirate Force):
The pirate force known as the "Widow's Fleet" is one of the largest pirate forces within the Three Galaxies. It is commander by a woman who is known mostly by the name "The Widow." Even though not of a military background, she is a highly skilled fleet officer. Few pirates have more than a handful of ships and the vast majority only have a single vessel. In comparison, she has over thirty ships in her forces.
In addition to its size, the Widow's Fleet is composed quite a bit differently than most pirate forces with the fleet actually have a fairly extensive support fleet including a captured repair ship. Few pirate groups operate any carriers and the pirate fleet operates an escort carrier. Most pirate forces are composed mostly of converted merchant vessels with the Widow's fleet operating a larger number of true warships.
While her forces will sometimes operate as singletons, most often she will work her forces in concert with each other. This allows her forces to take on targets that few pirates would. Most people are amazed at the targets that the Widow's Fleet is willing to go after. Part of that has to do with the firepower of the Widow's fleet but it also has to do with the commanders skill in planning. Most pirates, for all of their tough talk, are unwilling to go after well defended targets. There is good reasoning for this. A damaged pirate ship cannot raid and pirates generally lack much in the form of logistical support.
The Widow's Fleet has never been recorded as attack first tier defenses but has attacked surprisingly well defended targets. They have ambushed convoys which were escorted by light warships and a few of their warships were captured in this manner. In addition, her forces have attacked reasonable well defended system both mining colonies and even the planets themselves. Since being weakened by the war against the R.E.F., the Kreeghor have even been attacked by the Widow's forces. The newer Berserker was captured in this fashion with several crew going over to the pirates.
The various different vessels tend to get assigned to different roles. The faster ships tend to be used for smash and grab raids and well as other missions where speed is essential. There is speculation that the Widow would eventually like all of her ships either replaced by faster ships or rebuilt for greater speed. The slower ships, which includes the converted merchant vessels and the older Berserker and Ferret vessels, are not usually used in such roles. Because the Ferret corvettes do not have any fighters, they do not usually operate on their own but instead in support of other ships. One tactic is to operate a pair of Ferret with a single old Berserker.
The Consortium of Civilized Worlds has a warrant out for the capture of this band of pirates and especially the Widow herself. The Trans-Galactic Empire also have warrants out for both the Widow's fleet and the pirate leader herself. A large number of smaller powers also bounties for the capture of her and her forces. Still, the Free Worlds Council have no warrants for her capture and the Trans-Galactic Empire has accused them of harboring the pirates. There is speculation of her forces being harbored in Splugorth held space. She also appears to have dealings with some in Naruni Industries. Scattered systems also have dealings with her and give her safe harbor. The fleet does not have any sort of true base. She will hire her forces out as mercenaries for the right amount.
The pirate group generally does not murder their captives although is not afraid to shed blood if needed. The Widow will punish the crew, usually with a loss of pay, if they kill or abuse prisoners. There is nothing stopping the prisoners from being strong armed. She does pay fairly well and give a percentage of the spoils to her crews. With captives, she will ransom them when possible. If there is no ransom, she will usually sell prisoners, often to the Splugorth. What happens to them once they have been sold to the Splugorth is of little concern. A large percentage of the weapons and equipment come from the Splugorth Markets. In some cases, captives with skills will be given an opportunity to join the Widows Forces.
- Sponsorship: Criminal - Organized Crime, 0 points
- Outfits: Specialty Clothing, 20 points
- Equipment: Unlimited Equipment, 50 points
- Vehicles: Unlimited Vehicles, 50 points
- Weapons, Power Armor, & Bots: Extensive Weaponry, 40 points
- Communication: Superior Communication, 40 points
- Internal Security: Iron Clad, 20 points
- Permanent Base: None, 0 points
- Intelligence Resources: Infiltration Network, 50 points
- Special Budget: Big Bucks, 45 points
- General Alignment: Evil - Miscreant and Aberrant, 0 points
- Criminal Activity: Con Man (5), Prostitutes (5), Smugglers (15), and Forger (30) - 50 points
- Reputation/ Credentials: Hunted, 0 points
- Salary: Excellent, 20 points
Total Points: 300 points (390 points)
Size & Orientation: Mercenary Army (300 base points Base)
Common O,C.C.: Space Pirate, Spacer, Runner, Mercenary, Consortium Trooper, Special Forces, Cyborg (10% of troops are cyborg soldiers), Consortium Fleet Officers, and Turbo Jockey.
Weapons, Equipment, and Resources:
This equipment is standard issue but there is a wide amount of variation with a variety of weapons and armor which have been captured by pirates.
- Ship’s Crews: Standard is is Kittani KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol (Weight: 4 lbs, Mega-Damage: 5D6 Range: 200 ft, Payload: 10 short E-Clip, 20 long E-Clip)
- Standard Troops: Standard issue is Kittani KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol (Weight: 4 lbs, Mega-Damage: 5D6 Range: 200 ft, Payload: 10 short E-Clip, 20 long E-Clip) and Kittani K-4 Laser Pulse Rifle: Weight: 4 lbs, Mega-Damage: 3D6+6 for single shot and 1D6x10+6 for 3 simultaneous blasts, Range: 3000 ft / 910 m), Payload: 30 long E-Clip, Bonuses: +1 on Aimed Shots.) Also, each is issued two smoke, two stun / flash, and two prismatic aerosol hand grenades. Twenty percent carry the GR-15AR Assault Rifle (Weight: 13 lbs, Mega Damage: 3D4 single round, 1D4x10 three round burst, and 2D4x10 ten round burst, Range: 1,000 ft, Payload: 30 shots) in place of the Kittani K-4 Pulse Rifle. Ten percent carry six shot mini-missile launchers (Virtually identical to the WI-23 Mini-Missile Launcher - Weight 26 lbs / 12 lbs for magazines, Mega Damage: By mini-missile type [single shot only], Range: 2 miles in an atmosphere, Payload: 6 mini-missiles.) Ten percent carry NE-800R Micro-Missile Assault System (Weight: 22 lbs, Mega-Damage: 6D6 per micro-missile [Single shot or volleys of 2, 3, or 4], Range: 1 mile, Payload: 16 micro-missiles.)
- Power Armor Troops: K-Universal Power Armor troops standard issue is Kittani KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol (Weight: 4 lbs, Mega-Damage: 5D6 Range: 200 ft, Payload: 10 short E-Clip, 20 long E-Clip) and NE-75H "Shoulder Cannon" (Weight: 30 lbs, Mega Damage: 2D4x10+20 for special heavy cartridge, 1D4x10+10 for regular cartridges, Range: 6,000 ft with special cartridges / 4,000 ft with regular cartridges, Payload: 8 shots (uses 8 shot cartridges not an E-Clip/20 with regular cartridges.) Forty percent carry NE-800R Micro-Missile Assault System (Weight: 22 lbs, Mega-Damage: 6D6 per micro-missile [Single shot or volleys of 2, 3, or 4], Range: 1 mile, Payload: 16 micro-missiles.) Silver Hawk "Knock Off" troops standard issue is Kittani KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol (Weight: 4 lbs, Mega-Damage: 5D6 Range: 200 ft, Payload: 10 short E-Clip, 20 long E-Clip) not including weapons built into the power armor.
- Fighter Pilots: Standard issue is Kittani KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol (Weight: 4 lbs, Mega-Damage: 5D6 Range: 200 ft, Payload: 10 short E-Clip, 20 long E-Clip)
- Ship’s Crews: Ships crew are outfitted with jumpsuit armor similar to the Consortium Jumpsuit (M.D.C.: 25, Weight: 12 lbs, -2% Prowl Penalty) although mostly black market knock off suits. Many officers have Naruni N-20A Force Field Belts (M.D.C.: 75, Weight: 10 lbs, 10 hours per e-clip) in addition to their body armor.
- Standard Troops: Normal troops are equipped with Light Combat Armor (M.D.C.: 80, Weight: 18 lbs, -10% Prowl Penalty) and officers are equipped with CAF Battle Armor (M.D.C.: 100, Weight: 21 lbs, -10% Prowl Penalty.) Many officers and a fair number of troops have their body armors refitted with the Naruni N-20 Force Field Generators (M.D.C.: 75, Weight: 10 lbs, 10 hours per e-clip.) Some refit their armors with heavier force fields as well.
- Power Armor Troops: K-Universal Power Armor (Main Body: 220) or Silver Hawk "Knock Off" Exoskeletons (Main Body: 300 M.D.C.) Many purchase Consortium Jumpsuits for use when not in power armor. Many troops, especially officers, refit their power armor with Naruni N40 or N50 Force Field Generators (M.D.C.: 110 / 160)
- Fighter Pilots: Fighter pilots are outfitted with jumpsuit armor similar to the Consortium Jumpsuit (M.D.C.: 25, Weight: 12 lbs, -2% Prowl Penalty) although mostly black market knock off suits. A large percentage of pilots have Naruni N40A Force Force Field Belts (M.D.C.: 110, Weight: 15 lbs, 4 hours per e-clip) as well.
- General Personnel: 80% of personnel are equipped with basic headjacks. Of course many personnel purchase additional cybernetics.
- Officers / Special Forces: Officers and Special Forces have 1D4+2 Cybernetics in addition to headjack.
Ship’s of Pirate Fleet
|1||"Blood Claw" Escort Carrier (Converted Merchant Vessel)|
|1||"Widow Ching" Trans-Galactic Empire Defiler class Heavy Cruiser (Modified)|
|1||Huntress class Light Cruiser|
|1||Pirate Cruiser (Converted Medium Merchant Ship)|
|2||Bushido Hekireki class destroyer|
|2||Consortium Scimitar class Patrol Craft (Modified )|
|6||Human Alliance Ferret class Corvettes|
|1||Trans-Galactic Empire Berserker Attack Craft (Modern Style - Modified)|
|4||Trans-Galactic Empire Berserker Attack Craft (Old Style - Modified)|
|4||Wolfen Hunter class Destroyers|
|4||Pirate Destroyers (Converted Light Merchant Ships)|
|6||Support Vessels / Cargo Ships|
Notes of Fleet:
Consortium Scimitar class Patrol Craft are modified with four medium range missile batteries and four light assault shuttles. The Trans-Galactic Empire Berserker Attack Craft (Both old style and new) have their cruise missile payload reduced with a pair of light assault shuttles carried.
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Robotech® and Robotech: Sentinels® are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Harmony Gold USA, Inc. ]
[ Macross® is a registered trademark owned and licensed by Big West/Bandai. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2011, Kitsune. All rights reserved.