Witch Bow (Corrupt Millennium Tree Weapon):
There are several powerful and extremely effective magic items which are corrupted Millennium Tree wands and staves. Millennium Tree wands and staves make an excellent basis for many unique magic items. One of these is called the "Witch Bow" and is a corrupted Millennium Tree Staff which is formed into a bow. It is a favorite among archers who do not see anything wrong with using corrupted Millennium Tree weapons and are quite popular in Atlantis where the bow is created by both Bio-Wizards and Alchemists.
In appearance, a Witch Bow appears to be extremely twisted and gnarled but is still a excellent bow with good balance. The wood itself is black with the bark still covering the bow. The Witch Bow is permanently strung with the bow string strung from the enchanted material of the bow itself. Both long bow and short bow styles are made although there are no crossbow style weapons of this type. While the bow can be used as a staff, it is not designed in that fashion.
All arrows fired from the bow travel twice as far as is normal which make the weapon extremely effective in itself. but this is dwarfed by the weapon's other enchantments. Most of the special enchantments on the bow allow it to pass magic abilities to arrows which it fires. Each of the enchantments on the bow can be used up to twice per day.
When activated, even normal arrows will inflict damage to the strongest armor materials. When already enchanted arrows are fired from the bow, the damage is increased even more. Normal arrows are destroyed when fired from the bow. This has a duration of four minutes per activation. The second enchantment allows the shooter to fire twice as fast as normal. This enchantment is only active for two minutes per activation. The enchanted arrows can be fired while the bow is enchanted to fire twice as fast as normal, making the weapon extremely effective when both enchantments are active.
The last two enchantments can only be used by themselves and cannot be combined with other enchantments. One is that the bow can fire lightning bolts. The lightning bolts do not have equal range to normal arrows but have a range of eight hundred feet. No arrows are fired. As the bow is drawn back, suddenly a lightning bolt appears and is fired. As many lightning bolts can be fired as the archer can normally fire arrows. The final enchantment is a defensive enchantment. The possessor of the bow can suddenly create a shockwave around them. It is a very effective defense if opponents get too close although unlike other enchantments, it is instant.
- Enchanted Arrows: This enchantment lasts for four minutes (16 melees) per activation. When activated, a normal arrows fired from the bow will inflict 2D6 M.D.C. and the damage of enchanted arrows is increased by 25%. An arrow which is enchanted by "Enchant Weapon" inflicts 4D6 M.D.C. normally. When fired from the bow with this enchantment active, they inflict 5D6 M.D.C. Normal arrows are destroyed when fired although enchanted arrows will be intact. Can be combined with the Rapid Fire enchantment.
- Rapid Fire: This enchantment lasts for two minutes (8 melees) per activation. When this is activated, the character gets double the normal number of attacks with the weapon only (two shots use only one shot.) Can be combined with the Enchanted Arrows enchantment.
- Lightning Bolts: This enchantment lasts for two minutes (8 melees) per activation. Instead of arrows, lightning bolts can be fired from the bow. The lightning has a range of 800 feet (243.8 meters) and inflict 4D6+16 per bolt. Each lightning bolt fired counts as one attack with the bow. Cannot be combined with other enchantments on the bow.
- Shockwave: This enchantment is instant. See the spell "Shockwave" for further details (Consider the spell to be cast by an eighth level spell caster). The blast is semi-spherical and effects travel upwards and downwards as well. Creates a blast 80 feet (24.3 meters) in all directions which inflicts 8D4 M.D.C. to everything within the blast radius except the archer using the bow. The enchantment also inflicts knock down as per the spell shockwave on page 144 of federation of magic. (Normal people have an 87% of being knocked down if within the blast radius.)
- Mega Damage: Inflicts 2D6 M.D.C. (Double Damage against Vampires)
when used as a staff in hand to hand combat. Normal arrows fired from bow
will inflict 2D6 S.D.C.
M.D.C.: 400, Regenerates all lost M.D.C. in 24 hours unless destroyed
Enchantments: Enchantments can each be used up to twice per day.
[ Altarian TM, Bandito Arms TM, Brodkil TM, Chipwell Armaments TM, Coalition States TM, Cyber-Knight TM, Federation of Magic TM, Free Quebec TM, Golden Age Weaponsmiths TM, Iron Heart Armaments TM, Kankoran TM, Kittani TM, Larsen's Brigade TM, M.D.C. TM, Mechanoids TM, Mega-Damage TM, Megaversal Legion TM, Millennium Tree TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, New Navy TM, New Sovietskiy TM, NGR TM, Nog Heng TM, Northern Gun TM, Phase World TM, Psyscape TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Shemarrian TM, Splugorth TM, Stormspire TM, Sunaj TM, Tolkeen TM, Triax TM, Wellington Industries TM, Wilk's Laser Technologies TM, Xiticix TM, and Zaayr TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2006, Kitsune. All rights reserved.