Bow of Storms (Rune Bow):
This short bow appears to be made from some sort of bluish material, most likely some sort of metal. If it is constructed from metal, it is extremely lightweight. It is no heavier than one might expect if the bow was made from wood. Interestingly, there is no string or even a notch to put a string, The bow has the design of lightning bolts along its length. As with most rune weapons, there are also runes along its length. As with most rune weapons, the Bow of Storms is indestructible and is a work of art.
When an archer uses the bow and acts to draw the string, a "string" of lightning appears and a lightning arrow appears. There lightning arrows have incredible range and inflict great damage, even able to damage tough armored vehicles. The magic seems similar in nature to the enchantment of "Lightning Blast" from a greatest rune weapon fired from a dragon head and the number of arrows which can be fired is effectively unlimited. Otherwise, the weapon is fired like a normal bow.
The Bow of Storms has a number of other abilities. First is that while the wielder holds the bow in his or her hands, they are immune to lightning. Other electrical effects inflict no damage as well. They are surrounded by a blue glow. This is a constant ability but the bow also has the ability to cast a number of air warlock spells. These include Wind Rush, Calm Storm, Whirlwind, and Electrical Field. These spells may be cast up to four times per day total.
The personality of the bow appears to be that of a plain spoken female archer, quite possibly human. She seems to have a very practical streak and sometimes takes the most convenient track. It cannot be said that she is evil however, just someone with little real care about the rules. She can also have a bad temper at times and there are times where a possessor and the bow might end up in an arguing match. She will not risk the deal of a possessor by refusing to grant its abilities in combat.
- Like all Rune Weapons it is completely indestructible
- Can be used to parry energy blasts at -6
- Links to wielder within 6 months of constant contact
- Gives wielder +1 on all saving throws.
- Unprincipled Alignment: Can be used by both Good and Selfish Characters. Anybody not of a compatible alignment takes 1D8 S.D.C each time they touch the weapon. The weapon does 3D6 M.D.C. to Mega Damage creatures.
- IQ: 14 Communicates with wielder through limited telepathy
- Can be used like a Quarterstaff to inflict 4D6 SDC / MDC (SDC in SDC
game systems and MDC in MDC game systems)
- Impervious to Lightning: Constant effect while holding the bow. Wielder is impervious to lightning or other electrical effects; inflicts no damage. Includes energy weapons such as ion weaponry. Must be held in the hands in order for the enchantment to be active and the archer is surrounded by a blue glow.
- Fire Lighting Arrows: When the archer draws back the bow, a lightning bow string and a lightning arrow is created. There is an unlimited number of these arrows that can be fired in one day.
- Air Elemental Spells: A Maximum of four spells can be cast in this manner per day. Spells are cast as if cast by a sixth level spell caster.
Range: 2,000 feet (610 meters)
Mega Damage: 1D6x10 per arrow
Rate of Fire: Equal to archers number of attacks per melee with bow
- Level Three: Wind Rush
Level Four: Calm Storm
Level Five: Whirlwind
Level Six: Electrical Field
[ Altarian TM, Bandito Arms TM, Brodkil TM, Chipwell Armaments TM, Coalition States TM, Cyber-Knight TM, Federation of Magic TM, Free Quebec TM, Golden Age Weaponsmiths TM, Iron Heart Armaments TM, Kankoran TM, Kittani TM, Larsen's Brigade TM, Mechanoids TM, Mega-Damage TM, Megaversal Legion TM, Millennium Tree TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, New Navy TM, New Sovietskiy TM, NGR TM, Northern Gun TM, Phase World TM, Psyscape TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Shemarrian TM, Splugorth TM, Stormspire TM, Sunaj TM, Tolkeen TM, Triax TM, Wellington Industries TM, Wilk's Laser Technologies TM, and Xiticix TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2012, Kitsune. All rights reserved.