Naruni Mecha-Knight Mk II (Naruni Industries):
Previous to Naruni Industries having problems with selling equipment on Rifts Earth, the Mecha-Knight was selling in incredible numbers. Now, due to the fact that much of their activity on Earth has been shut down, this has gone from a flood to a trickle. This prompted them to try and sell the power armor in the Three Galaxies. The sold but many people complained about them being underpowered. As a result, a new model was created. This armor is more powerful in virtually every respect and the armor is selling at incredible rates. Naruni has been unable to keep up with the demand and in many cases the armors have been selling for 25% above the original cost of the modified armor.
This armor looks much like the original but has many different changes. The Power armor has only about a 25% part compatibility with the original. The armor plates are constructed out of the stronger alloys available in the Three Galaxies and increased protective value by about twenty five percent per location. The Jet Pack and other flight systems has been replaced by contra-grav flight system These flight systems are not designed for high space speeds but is still quite usable in space. The flight systems primary purpose is for atmospheric propulsion which it does excel at. All three of the original weapon systems have been upgraded or replaced. The main particle beam has been replaced by a newer model which inflicts both higher damage and has a longer range. The sword, which used plasma contained in a force field shaped like a blade, now uses a fusion reaction contained in the force field. The force field has to be increased in power level but the weapon is about half again more powerful than the original. There is also the option of the armor carrying two fusion swords. The shoulder laser has been replaced by a smaller and more powerful variable frequency laser. The laser can fire pre-programmed three round burst as well as being able longer bursts. Only a few new weapons have been added and these are missile system. Each wing of the armor can carry missiles and the armor carries micro-missile launchers in each forearm. The armors hands are small enough to use standard and slightly oversized handheld weapons.
The armor does allow for some addition equipment as well. About ninety percent of all people who purchase the armor get a force field generator built in to the armor. About eighty percent of them use the super heavy force field. As well, the armor can be equipped with a gravity wave sensor and /or variable camouflage coating. Only about forty percent of the upgraded Mecha-Knights carry this option.
Model Type: NI MK-PA12D
Class: Medium Strategic Environmental Exo-Skeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
| Shoulder Wings / Missile Launchers (2):||100 each|
| Forearm Micro Missile Launchers (2):||55 each|
| Variable Pulse Laser:||50|
|Rifle Style Particle Beam||150|
|Fusion Sword (1 or 2):||100 each|
| Main Thruster Units (2, Rear):||100 each|
| Secondary Thruster Units (4, Legs):||50 each|
|Arms (2):||120 each|
|Legs (2):||200 each|
| Main Body:||525|
| Force Field (Optional, N-50 Robot):||320|
 Destruction of a main flight unit will reduce the power armors speed and maneuverability by 30% each but the power armor has enough power to remain flying even if both are destroyed. If one or both wings are destroyed as well, the power armor cannot fly and will crash if in ana atmosphere. The destruction of a secondary flight unit will reduce the flight speed by 10% each. If one or both of the wings are destroyed , the maneuvering thrust units are destroyed, but the main thrust unit is still operational, the power armor will still be able to fly at 60% of normal. If all flight systems are destroyed, the wings will NOT allow the power armor to glide and the armor will crash.
 These locations are small and difficult targets to strike, requiring the attacker to make a "called shot," but even then the attacker is -4 to strike.
 Note that the Head is -3 in addition to normal called shot penalties to hit. Destroying the head will expose the pilot's head, leaving only the pilot's body armor helmet as its only protection. Note: The head is a small and difficult target to hit. Thus, it can only be hit when a character makes a called shot and even then the attacker is -3 to strike.
 Depleting the Main Body M.D.C. will shut the Mecha-Knight down making it useless.
 This feature is optional and can be in other sizes as well. Has a 320 M.D.C. N-50 Superheavy Naruni force field for Robots. The force field will stop energy attacks and fast moving objects. Slow moving objects can pass through. The force field regenerates one (1) M.D.C. per melee round unless overloaded and then cannot be activated for 12 hours if overloaded. The force field pulls its power off of the power plant.
Running: 55 mph (88.5 kph) maximum. Note that the act of running does tire out its operator, but at a fatigue rare of 10% of normal thanks to the robot exo-skeleton and contra-grav system.
Leaping: The powerful robot legs, assisted by the thrusters, can leap up to 40 feet (12.2 m) high or across without the thrusters. Add 12 feet (3.6m) with a running start. Note that leaping height and distance on the moon and micro gravity is doubled.
Contra-Grav flight system: The contra-grav propulsion system enables the armor hover in a stationary at any altitude and fly at a maximum speed of mach 1.1 (815.6 mph / 1,312.6 kph). The contra-grav system makes the armor trans- atmospheric and armor can accelerate at up to 1 Gs of acceleration.
Underwater: The armor can travel up to a maximum speed of 40 mph (64 kmph) to a maximum depth of 1000 feet (310 m).
Maximum Effective Range: The Armors range is unlimited. The Contra-Grav system does not overheat. The only limit is the pilots endurance.
Height: 10 feet (3 meters) from head to toe, or 11 feet (3.4 meters) with wings extended
Width: 5 feet (1.5 meters) with wings down and 16 feet (4.9 meters) with wings extended
Length: 5 feet (1.5 meters)
Weight: 1 ton if unloaded and 1.2 tons if loaded with missiles
Physical Attributes of Note: Equal to a PS 50
Power System: Advanced Fusion; Average energy life is 20 years
Market Cost: 30 million credits and up for a new, undamaged, fully powered Mecha-Knight complete with all weapon system. In some cases the armor may cost 25% extra. An extra fusion sword costs 250,000 credits. Force field generators cost standard cost (Superheavy costs 5 million credits). Gravity wave sensor costs 1 million credits. Camouflage feature costs 500,000 credits.
- Particle Beam Rifle: This particle beam is more powerful and longer ranged than the original particle. Like the original particle beam, it connects directly to the armors power supply and has and unlimited payload. The rifle has an attachment clip on the right side of the power armor that allows it be put away when another weapon is being used. Both the Sword and the rifle may be used at the same time but with a -2 penalty to both weapons.
- Fusion Swords (1 or 2): These weapon is an incredibly powerful weapon and uses a fusion reaction contained in a force field for cutting into objects. The weapons can be used uncharged as a blunt weapon. When powered, the power is pulled though special connections in the armors hand. There are attachments for two swords on the left side of the armor. This is because some people demand to be able to use them as paired weapons. Both the Sword and the rifle may be used at the same time but with a -2 penalty to both weapons.
- Shoulder Mounted Variable Frequency Laser: This weapon is designed for spraying down larger number of targets and can be used at all times. This is a laser weapon that can be adjusted to vary the light frequency of the laser to blast through reflective and laser resistant armor. The first two (2) blasts do half damage, but the weapon's computer automatically adjusts the light frequency to compensate for the laser resistant surface, so all subsequent attacks do full damage, even to GlitterBoy's.
- Forearm Micro-Missile Launchers (2): Powerful but short ranged weapon systems. Both guided and unguided Micro-missiles may be used. Each of the forearm launchers have ten missiles.
- Wing Missiles: A total of eight mini-missiles or four of the larger short range missiles can be mounted on each wing (16 or 8 total). Short Range Missiles: The missile has a top speed of Mach 10 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 4% of light per turn. Mini-Missiles: The missile has a top speed of Mach 10 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 2% of light per turn. Missiles can be launched on multiple targets simultaneously.
- Energy Rifles, Rail Guns, and other hand-held weapons can be substituted in an emergency or used as a back-up weapon. Space limitations and the bulk of the armor limit additional weapons to one rifle and one pistol.
- Hand to Hand Combat: Rather than use a weapon the pilot may engage in mega-damage hand to hand combat. See the Power Armor Combat Training Section of the Rifts RPG for Specifics. Combat Bonuses: +1 on Initiative, +1 to strike, +1 to parry, +1 to dodge, and +2 to Roll with Punch, Fall, or Impact. Also has the attribute bonuses of a PS of 50. Revise damages for higher strength. All bonuses are in addition to normal power armor training.
Weight of the Particle Beam Rifle: 720 lbs (326.6 kg)
Mega-Damage: 3D4x10+10 M.D. per blast
Rate of Fire: Equal to the number of hand to hand attacks of the pilot and his power armor (usually 4-6, see Power Armor Training). Bursts and sprays are not possible.
Maximum Effective Range: 8,000 feet (2,440 meters) in an atmosphere. Range is eight times normal when used in space.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Weight of the Fusion Swords: 48 lbs (21.8 kg) each
Mega-Damage: 2D4x10 M.D. per swing
Rate of Fire: Equal to the number of hand to hand attacks of the pilot and his power armor (usually 4-6, see Power Armor Training). Paired weapons may be used with two swords
Maximum Effective Range: Close Combat
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Mega Damage: 4D6 per single shot, 1D6x10+20 for a rapid fire three shot burst, or use rifle burst rules for higher burst setting.
Maximum Effective Range: 4,000 feet (1,220 meters) in an atmosphere. Range is eight times normal when used in space.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: As per missile type (1 miles unguided missiles / 2 miles guided missiles). Using modified rules, multiply ranges by 8 times in space
Mega Damage: 6D6 per micro-missile.
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two (2) missiles.
Payload: 10 micro missiles per forearm for a total of 20 micro-missiles.
Mega-Damage: Varies with short range or mini-missile type (See revised Phase World Missiles for details.)
Maximum Effective Range: Short Range Missiles: Missile range is 10 miles (16.1 km) in an atmosphere and 500 miles (804.7 km) in space. Mini-Missile: Missile range is 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere and 100 miles (161 km) in space.
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two, three, four, six, or eight.
Payload: Total of 16 mini-missiles or 8 short range missiles.
Has all the normal sensors of power armors in the Three Galaxies plus the following special features.
- Camouflage System: Optional system: The suit's skin is covered by a fiber-optic material that can change colors to match the general environment. Color change takes 1D4 melee rounds (15 to 60 seconds), in which the armor becomes the exact same color as the predominant one in the area. In the woods or in broken terrain, the suit will also create stripes and blotches of lighter and darker color like a camouflage pattern. In all cases, the wearer is difficult to spot: -20% for others to detect ambush and detect concealment, +5% to the wearers prowl skill, and even characters without prowl have a 40% chance of not being seen if they stay under cover and don't move.
- Gravity Wave Sensor: Optional System: Similar to sensor system in PA E-1000 Enforcer. System uses gravity waves like a form of radar. Range is 2000 ft (610 m) and can electronically map the insides of structures. Combined with thermographics, will also detect invisible targets and find people inside building or ships, and even detect traps and hidden rooms. The sensor system cannot penetrate force fields or phase fields, however.
The system also masks infrared and thermal emissions, making the wearer's heat invisible to infrared and thermal optics! There is only a 21% chance of the suit showing up on thermal systems and even then the reading/image will seem unusual. The camouflage system is disabled after the armor's main body takes 200 points of damage.
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Image drawn and copyrighted by Curtis Marquart (firstname.lastname@example.org)
He has no home Page at present.
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 1999, Kitsune. All rights reserved.