"Fenrir" Pirate Destroyer (Modified U.W.W. Werewolf):
A small number of United Worlds Warlock Werewolf class destroyers have found their way into the hands of others. As one might expect, most of these are in planetary defense forces. Still, a handful of the destroyers however ended up in other hands. One of these was what is now named the "Fenrir."
Originally, the "Fenrir" was the "Undaunted." When some of the destroyer forces were retired, she was transferred to a planetary defense force with a number of her sisters. Previously, she had been in mothball status for many years. While in service with the defense force, she was badly damaged in a battle. Instead of being repaired, she was used for a number of years as a source of repair parts for her sisters Werewolf class destroyers.
Eventually it was decided to scrap her. As sad as it is to see a proud warrior scrapped, it would have been far better if she had been scrapped but that is not what happened to her. She was reported lost on her way to being scrapped. It is suspected that the commander in charge of her disposal was bribed but there has never been concrete evidence to that effect. What is known is that several years later she was found in the hands of pirates.
Unfortunately, these pirates were not the normal pirates either. While known to few, the captain of the pirates is a Rakshasa demon and several other crew members are also demons of various types. Leader of the boarding party is a Gallu demon. Mostly they are of the more intelligent demon races. A succubus is the lover of the second in command. She seems completely loyal to him although it is unknown exactly why. A few of the less intelligent demon types make up the boarding parties for when the pirates seize a ship. If these are killed, new demons are summoned.
While demons make up a percentage of the crew, especially troops, the remainder of the crew are not. Few demons are skilled in engineering. A number are practitioners of magic including a pair of techno-wizards. Of these, the second in command is a techno-wizard who appears more or less human. Some speculation that the second in command was augmented through bio-wizardry. There is also at least one shifter who summons lesser demons as part of the crew. Several of the other non-demon crew members also are augmented through magic. There is a mixture of humans, wolfen, and kittani in the regular crew. Occasionally a normal mortal prisoner is forced to work aboard the destroyer but they rarely last long. In some cases, they are sacrificed for their magical death energies while other times they get murdered just for the shear enjoyment. Both the demon and not demon crew enjoy the spectacle. There is a general rule however that the demons are not allowed to harm the non demon crew. Sometimes they will taunt however.
As was eluded to previously, much of the enchanted armored plates of the ship were stripped off and used to repair her sisters destroyers. Her hull however is now covered in what appears to be the same black material that "Demon Black Ships" are covered in, giving the ship the appearance of a demon ship. Having an almost organic feel, some have nicknamed this "Demon Skin." If somebody was to scan the ship for evil, it would show up as supernatural evil. It almost makes the ship slightly more bulky although it has not real effect on performance. The bow appear to be covered in what appears to be a demonic wolf face. The material is far stronger than almost any high strength alloy in the Three Galaxies. Similar to some bio-armor materials, this "Demon Skin" also regenerates damage. The "Armor of Ithan" force field from the original design has been rebuilt on the ship to give it greater ability to withstand damage. It can be activated up to three times per day.
While the propulsion system remained intact, much of the weaponry was also stripped from the ship. The two five inch guns are retained from the ship although both had deactivated before being towed away for scrapping. These were rebuilt but most of the other weaponry was simply replaced and include a mixture of conventional and techno-wizard weaponry. Much of the conventional weaponry come from scrapped warships. Some of the reconstruction is based on the rebuilding of the upgraded Werewolf class destroyers.
This includes a pair of capital missile launchers mounted in the bow. Originally from Hunter class destroyers, these are fire from the eye holes in the demon face on the bow. A total of forty capital missiles are carried. Interestingly, the ship never seems to use "Bottled Demon Missiles." Four conventional mini-missile batteries, similar to the launchers carried on most Human Alliance warships, replace the six bottle demon launchers. Even though fewer in number, each battery can launch twice the number of missiles per volley and carry a larger payload per mount.
Four telekinetic twin gun mounts are restored. These are quite similar to those carried on the original Werewolf class destroyer. These have to be recharged each month. One reason why it is believe that these are carried is that they are effective against targets which are impervious to energy but do not need ammunition. Unlike the telekinetic cannons, the sub particle cannons are not replaced. Instead, four variable focus particle beams are mounted. Originally designed for the Consortium Assault Shuttle, these are quite effective against missiles.
The ship has a number of other techno-wizard enchantments. Like most techno-wzard ship designs, the destroyer has a magic energy battery. Primarily used to power the jump engines, it can also be used to power the various additional enchantments. These include the ability to become impervious to energy, to become invisibles, and to shadow meld. In addition, the crew have magic rings of "Breath Without Air" to enable them to survive in space.
The destroyer does retain the ability to carry four fighters. United World Warlock fighters are too hard to acquire so instead four Hyena class light fighters are usually carried. Original he ship also carried twelve power armor. Eight of these are replaced by demons. Four however are retained with various knock-off designs of the Silver Hawk design usually carried. These supplement the fighters in escorting the destroyer. Both the fighters and power armor usually have a number of techno-wizard enchantments and the faces of the power armors are styled to look like the faces of demons.
Ship design uses modified starship speeds and weapon ranges. See Revised Starship Rules for Phase World for more details.
Model Type: Modified UW-DD-24
Vehicle Type: Light Destroyer (Techno-Wizard / Demon Magic)
|1||Rakshasa Demon - Captain|
|3||Naga Crew (Engineers / Pilots / Gunners)|
|1||Bio-Wizard Augmented Human (Techno-Wizard) - Second In Command|
|3||Humans Spell Casters (Techno-Wizard, 2 Shifters)|
|7||Human Crew (Engineers / Pilots / Gunners)|
|4||Kittani Crew (Engineers / Pilots / Gunners)|
|6||Wolfen Crew (Engineers / Pilots / Gunners)|
Troop Capacity: 12 marines and 4 fighter pilots
|1||Gallu Demon Bull|
|3||Human Pilots / Power Armor Crew|
|2||Kittani Pilots / Power Armor Crew|
|3||Wolfen Pilots / Power Armor Crew|
Power Armors & Robots:
|4||Silver Hawk "Knock Off" Power Armors|
|4||MSX-128 Hyena Light Starfighters|
M.D.C. By Location:
|Medium Laser Cannon Turrets (2):||850 each|
|Cruise Missile Launchers (2, Bow):||1400|
|Mini-Missile Launchers (4):||100 each|
|Variable Focus Point Defense Particle Beam Cannons (4):||300 each|
|Twin TK-Machinegun Turrets (4):||140 each|
| Main Bridge:||850|
| Main Body:||3,800|
|Hangar Bays (2, Sides):||700 each|
| Magical Armor of Ithan Force Field:||1,500|
 In reality this is how much damage needs to be done for a weapon to hit the bridge through the ships armor. This ship does not have an auxiliary bridge. Even if the destroyer's bridge is destroyed, the ship can still be piloted from engineering but ship is -3 to dodge and all weapon systems will be at local control. Weapon hits near the bridge that do not penetrate the ships integrity can injure crew members on or near the bridge.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will put the destroyer out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
 This is not a variable force field, but a magical shield that must be completely depleted. Once the shield has been knocked down, it will cost 150 P.P.E. and require one minute ( 4 melees) of spellcasting to restore the force field.
Note: The Black "Demon Skin" the ships is protected from regenerates at the rate of 100 M.D.C. per hour and 200 M.D.C. per hour on Ley Lines and Ley Line Nexus.
Driving on the ground: Not Possible
Water Surface: 45 knots (83.4 kph/51.8 mph)
Underwater: 35 knots (64.9 kph/40.3 mph)
Sublight: Has a special sublight engine that allows the ship to travel up to 60 percent of the speed of light. Star Ship can accelerate/decelerate at the rate of 0.8 percent of light per melee. Original engines had a top acceleration of about 20 gravities
Atmospheric Propulsion: Maximum speed is 200 mph (321.9 kph), can enter an atmosphere and can leave but is not designed for atmospheric flight
Star Drive: Rift Jump Drive; maximum safe jump of 20 light years every four hours (costs 2,000 P.P.E.).
Range: Life support will keep crew alive for up to ten years, as long as the P.P.E. generators are kept in working order.
Height: 46.6 feet (14.2 meters) main body; 64.0 feet (19.5 meters) from the bottom of the main body to the top of the superstructure.
Width: 48.9 feet (14.9 meters)
Length: 430.8 feet (131.3 meters)
Weight / Mass: 4,650 tons (4,218 metric tons) fully loaded.
Power System: Combination Fusion & Techno-wizardry with 20 year life span. The Destroyer also has a P.P.E. generator that produces 500 P.P.E. per hour / 2 P.P.E. per melee (Activating the Rifts drive costs 2,000 P.P.E) and can hold up to 2,000 P.P.E. in storage. This P.P.E. can be used to power the Rifts Drive or can be used to power spells cast by the destroyer's crew.
Cargo: Cargo Holds can hold up to 50 tons (45.4 metric tons) of additional material. If all the ships ammo for was taken out, amount of cargo the ship is able to carry would increase greatly. Each "enlisted" crew member has a small locker for personal items and uniforms. Ship's officers have more space for personal items. Most of the ships spaces are taken up by extra ammunition, armor, troops, weapons, engine, and other equipment.
Market Cost: Not including the "Demon Skin," the destroyer would likely cost around 700 million credits. With the "Demon Skin," the cost of the destroyer is virtually impossible to calculate. It would likely cost billions and only those who are evil would be interested in the vessel.
- Two (2) 5 inch Laser Cannons: These weapons are in their own turrets on the top of the ship where deck guns might be positioned on a submarine. These are a modern weapon system that are powered by the ships reactor. Each mount can rotate 180 degrees and have a 80 degree arc of fire up and a 45 degree arc of fire down. The cannons are not quite as powerful as the cannons on the CAF classes but have a higher rate of fire. Weapon has standard penalties to hit fighters and small targets for a large starship weaponry. The weapon system cannot be used to engage targets while traveling at FTL velocities.
- Four (4) Variable Focus Particle Beam Mounts: Replace the sub particle acceleration cannons and have greater range and inflict more damage be shot. These particle beams are copied from those carried on the CAF Assault Shuttle and will fire a very powerful narrow beam and can fire a scatter effect that is less powerful but is capable of striking multiple targets. The weapon system is quite useful against missiles although the cone is not as wide as Tachyon cannon sprays are (Gives +2 bonus vs fast moving targets such as missiles.) Weapons are mounted in turrets that can rotate 360 and have a 180 arc of fire. Each mount can be operated by a gunner or a gunner program (+2 to strike, 3 Attacks per melee).
- Four (2) Twin TK-Machineguns Turrets: These cannons are identical to those mounted in the Shadow Bolt Starfighter but are in twin mounts. Mounted on the sides of the ship in turrets. Cannons turrets can fire at up to a 90 degree angle up or down and can rotate up to 180 degrees side to side. The gun does not have penalties to strike small targets. Because the cannons do damage by impact, they do full damage to targets that are using the spell impervious to energy. The spells must be renewed every two months (costs 400 PPE and 20,000 credits per Cannon) but during the period the weapon can fire unlimited blasts.
- Two (2) Cruise Missile Launchers: The ship has two cruise missile tubes in the bow over the mini-missile launchers. The launchers are copied from those carried on a hunter class destroyer. Missiles have a top speed of Mach 25 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 10% of light per turn (far faster than any starship). Whether weapons can be shot down is calculated from the speed of target, launcher, and missile. When drive goes dead, the missile will still cruise unless set to self destruct but has very low odds of hitting star ships (Great for hitting bases and planets because the target does not move and missile when dead at -25% to detect.) Cruise missiles have minuses to hit small targets but are all considered smart missiles. While missiles are only launched at the rate of one at a time per launcher, the ship's computer has special software that allows all the missiles to hit a target at the same time for the purpose to make point defense of a target is more easily overwhelmed. This is done by slowing down the acceleration of missiles and by setting some for delayed activation and target must be a least 30 seconds away. Missiles are then considered too only have an acceleration of 5% of light for the first turn. Batteries can launch on multiple targets each at the same time. Bottle demon missiles are not available.
- Four (4) Mini-Missile launchers: Of Human Alliance design and replace the six bottle demon launchers. These are missile turrets used for point defense against enemy fighters and missiles. Missile has a top speed of Mach 10 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 2% of light per turn (slightly faster than any starship except if it is exceeding it maximum safe acceleration). Batteries can launch on multiple targets each at the same time.
- Techno-Wizard Modifications: The "Fenrir" has the following Techno-Wizard Modifications built into the ship. These require P.P.E. or I.S.P. from the ships crew or P.P.E. battery.
Maximum Effective Range: 16,000 miles (25,000 km) in space and 16 miles (25 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega Damage: 1D6x100 MDC each
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the Gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: 300 miles (480 km) in space and 3 miles (4.8 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega Damage: Single Target: 4D6x10 Wide Beam: 5D6 to all targets within a 5,000 foot (1,524 meter) diameter area. When fired as a wide beam, the cannon cannot be used on targets closer than 5,000 feet (1,524 meters) away.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the Gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: 200 miles (320 km) in space and 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega Damage: 12D6 per burst for both cannons in a turret.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: Unlimited, although the spells must be renewed every two months whether the cannons have been used or not.
Maximum Effective Range: Missile range is 8,000 miles (12,875 km) in an atmosphere and 4,000,000 miles (6,437,376 km/ 21.5 light seconds)
Mega-Damage & Properties: See Phase World Missiles for details (Anti-Matter inflicts 4D6x100 MDC).
Rate of Fire: One per melee attack (special software allows 4 to 8 missile to be launched as one volley depending on gunners hand to hand attacks) per launcher. This allows total volleys of 8 to 16 cruise missiles to be launched in one melee
Payload: 20 cruise missiles per launcher for a total of 40 cruise missiles.
Maximum Effective Range: Mini Missile range is 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere and 100 miles (161 km) in space
Mega-Damage: Varies with mini-missile type (See Phase World Missiles for details.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of four (4) or eight (8) mini-missiles
Payload: 128 per launcher for a total of 512 mini-missiles. Cargo hold has an additional 512 mini-missile. Reloading launchers from cargo hold takes 1D6 minutes.
- Shadow Meld (8th Level) 40 PPE or 80 ISP
Impervious to Energy (8th level) 80 PPE or 160 ISP
Invisibility-Superior (8th Level) 80 PPE or 160 ISP
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, Mega-Damage TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, UWW TM, and Wolfen TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
By Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2012, Kitsune. All rights reserved.