REF Leopard Space Glitterboy (REF Three Galaxies):
When Captain Moor got stranded in the Three Galaxies, she started examining the vehicles available in the three Galaxies. In her examinations, she discovered that the Glitterboy was superior to any of her Mecha designs and took up a fraction of the space. She then commissioned a team of both REF and Three galaxies engineers to design a new Glitterboy for their use. The engineers were still working on the design when an independent engineer that went by the name of Gadget introduced her design. It was along the lines of the lines that the engineers were working on it but due to the fact that the Glitterboy design was complete would save a huge amount of time so the design was purchased and it almost immediate entered production. This design has taken over 80% of the roles filled by the Excalibur and Gladiator Mecha and is considered a huge success. It has made the Engineer very wealthy and she is also kept on salary for research and development even though she is often traveling.
The power armor is used in both space and ground roles. The power armor, if used in a boarding action will usually rely on shadow fighters to blow a hole in the ships force field and then board the ship. It was originally considered that this power armor might use a high powered propulsion system and operate much like a Silver Hawk or an Avenger. This was found to make the power armor take more manufacturing resources than desired so it was dropped. There is a good chance that this armor could destroy any Avenger power armor assaulting it. The role of a high speed space power armor was instead take up by a modified version of the Female Zentraedi Power Armor.
Model Type: REF-GX-5020B
Class: Laser Resistant Armored Infantry Personnel Assault Unit
M.D.C. by Location:
|Right Shoulder Particle Beam:||200|
| Knee Mini-Missile Launchers (4, 2 each knee):||70 each|
| Forearm Mini-Missile Launchers (2, 1 each forearm):||100 each|
| Shoulder Mini-Missile Launchers (2):||180 each|
| Gravity Rail Gun:||80|
| Hands (2):||90 each|
|Arms (2):||260 each|
|Legs (2):||450 each|
| Rear Contra-Grav System:||280|
| Main Body:||800|
|Reinforced Pilots Compartment:||120|
| Force Field (N-50 Robot):||320|
 These locations are small and difficult targets to strike, requiring the attacker to make a "called shot," but even then the attacker is -4 to strike.
 Destroying the Contra-Grav system will reduce bonuses and will prevent the armor from flying.
 Destroying the Head/Helmet will eliminate all forms of optical enhancement and sensory systems. No power armor combat bonuses to strike, parry, and dodge. Note: Head is a difficult target to hit and is a called shot and is -3 to strike.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the mecha down completely, rendering it useless. Note: All Power Armor locations are laser resistant. Each layer of armor is 100 M.D.C. A variable laser weapon must be reset every 100 M.D.C. or it will only do half damage. If a laser does enough damage to damage the next layer, it will only do half damage to the next layer if set to do full damage to the layer above.
 Has a 320 M.D.C. N-50 Superheavy Naruni force field for Robots. The force field will stop energy attacks and fast moving objects. Slow moving objects can pass through. The force field regenerates one (1) M.D.C. per melee round unless overloaded and then cannot be activated for 12 hours if overloaded. The force field pulls its power off of the power plant.
Running: 60 m.p.h. (97 kmph) maximum, Running does tire out the operator but at 10% of the normal rate because of the Contra-Grav system and the robot exo-skeleton (If the contra-grav system is disabled the rate becomes 25% of normal)
Leaping: Powerful robot legs can leap 12 feet (2.6 m) up or across unassisted by Contra-Grav. A running start adds 12 ft (3.6. m) to the leap
Contra-Grav flight system: The contra-grav propulsion system enables the armor hover in a stationary at any altitude and fly at a maximum speed of 200 mph (320 kph). The contra-grav system makes the armor trans- atmospheric and armor can accelerate at up to 0.5 Gs of acceleration.
Underwater: The armor can travel up to a maximum speed of 40 mph (64 kmph) to a maximum depth of 1000 feet (310 m).
Maximum Effective Range: The Armors range is unlimited. The Contra-Grav system does not overheat. The only limit is the pilots endurance.
Height: 10 feet (3 meters), 11 feet (3.35 meters) with Particle Beam Cannon extended.
Width: 4 feet 2 inches (1.3 meters).
Length: 4 feet (1.2 meters) for the body, 8 feet 6 inches (2.6 m) with the Particle Beam Cannon extended forward.
Weight: 2 tons.
Physical Strength: Equal to Robotic P.S. 45.
Power System: Advanced Fusion, average energy life is 25 years
Cargo: Minimal Storage Space, place for a rifle, handgun, small survival kit, signal flares, and food rations.
Market Cost: Not Sold, If found it would probably be worth 35 million for a new, undamaged, and fully operation REF Space Glitterboy complete with weapons and all special equipment
- Shoulder Mounted Particle Beam Cannon (1): This weapon has only a set number of blasts before it needs to recharge. There is a medium powered HI laser cannon for back up when the particle beam runs out of blasts. The weapon is set up for targeting and tracking like the TX-550 Boom gun with an independent targeting computer, laser targeting system, and automated tracking system. The gun can either be put on automatic or can be fired by pilots signal. On independent has +4 to strike and has 6 attacks per melee and gives +3 for gunner to use if he is targeting and firing. Gun can fire straight upwards.
- Hand Held Gravity Rail Gun: Other handheld weapons can be substituted for the gravity rail gun and most conventional human sized rifles, pilots, and rail guns can be used. The Gravity rail gun is quite powerful and effective and an integral laser targeting system. The rifle is basically a modified GR-15AR with a large capacity magazine and targeting system and a longer barrel for a greater range.
- Leopard Mini-Missile Launchers: The power armor has three mini-missile launchers on each knee, 8 mini-missile launchers each forearm, and four in each shoulder. Weapon systems are protected by heavy armor, have a warning system to warn pilot when heavily damaged, and an ammo blow out system so if ammo explodes, armor only takes 10% of the damage of the explosion. Missile has a top speed of Mach 10 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 2% of light per turn (slightly faster than any starship except if it is acceding it maximum safe acceleration)
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Rather than use a weapon, Pilot can engage in mega-damage hand to hand combat. See Power Armor Combat Training in Robot Combat section of Rifts. All abilities are the same as those on page 45 of Rifts except that it receive additional bonuses of higher damage due to strength, is +2 to strike with long range due to laser targeting, +3 to strike with Particle Beam cannon system due to special laser targeting for Particle Beam Cannon System, +3 (+1) to Parry and Dodge, +6 (+1) to dodge while in flight, +6 (+4) to Roll, +1 to Initiative. () is for without Contra-Grav. Due to much greater strength, Hand to Hand Damage is 1D6 M.D.C. on restrained punch, 3D6 M.D.C. on full strength punch, 1D6x10 M.D.C. on power punches (counts as two attacks), Kicks do 4D6 M.D.C., and Leap Kicks do 8D6 M.D.C. All bonuses are in addition to normal bonuses for hand to hand and Power armor Combat.
Weight: 640 lbs (291 kg).
Maximum Effective Range: 22,000 feet ( about 4 miles, 6.4 km) in an atmosphere and 200 miles (320 km) in space. for the particle beam. 10,000 feet in an atmosphere (3248 m) and 95 miles (152 km) in space. for pulse laser.
Mega Damage: 4D6x10 M.D.C. per Particle Beam blast, 4D6+6 for single shot or 2D4x10+10 for three round burst for the HI laser.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the pilots combined hand to hand (usually 6 or 7) or by automatic (6 attacks per melee).
Payload: 40 shots in a capacitor, recharges at the rate of one shot per minute for Particle Beam, unlimited for HI Laser.
Weight: 65 lbs (29.5 kg)
Maximum Effective Range: 6000 feet (1830 meters) in an atmosphere and 115 miles (185 km) in space.
Mega-Damage: For standard Ammo doe 3D4 M.D. for one round, a three round burst inflicts1D4x10 M.D., and a 10 round burst inflicts 2D4x10 M.D. With special discarding sabot rounds inflicts 3D6 M.D. for one round, a three round burst inflicts1D6x10 M.D., and a 10 round burst inflicts 2D6x10 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the pilots combined hand to hand (usually 5 or 6)
Payload: 300 Shots (Discarding Sabot), or 100 three round bursts, or 30 ten round bursts for rail gun.
Maximum Effective Range: Mini-Missile range is 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere and 100 miles (161 km) in space.
Mega Damage: As per Mini-Missile Type (See revised Phase World missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two, three, four, or eight.
Payload: 36 total (3 each knee launcher with 2 launchers each knee, 8 in each forearm, and 4 in each shoulder)
Has all the normal sensors of power armors in the Three Galaxies plus the following special features.
- Gravity Wave Sensor: Similar to sensor system in PA E-1000 Enforcer. System uses gravity waves like a form of radar. Range is 2000 ft (610 m) in an atmosphere and has 1000 times that range when operated in space. The system can electronically map the insides of structures. Combined with thermographics, will also detect invisible targets and find people inside building or ships, and even detect traps and hidden rooms. The sensor system cannot penetrate force fields or phase fields, however.
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Macross®, Robotech®, Robotech: Sentinels®, SDF-1®, Southern Cross®, and Zentraedi® are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Harmony Gold USA, Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 1999, Kitsune. All rights reserved.