Quinlin Rau Battle Suit MK II (REF Three Galaxies):
The original Quinlin Rau battle suit had no where the combat performance of an Avenger Power Armor but the Quinlin Rau did have the potential to be upgraded to that combat level. It was also a relatively large design which meant that it would have more space for new weapon systems. Heavy amounts of research went into creating the modified version of this power armor but it all payed off. The Quinlin Rau is one of the few designs that has actually similar performance to the Avenger. It instantly became a favorite for both Human and Zentraedi pilots. All Quinlin Rau are constructed at the REF secret factory.
The power armor has a new and more powerful inertial dampening system. This along with the new contra-grav propulsion system allows the armor to travel at speeds similar to some starfighters. The armor protection of the suit has been greatly increased and it also carries protective shields similar to those produced by Naruni Industries. Weapon systems were important to be upgrade as well and all missile launchers have been upgraded to use the faster and heavy warhead missiles used within the Three Galaxies. The modifying of the direct fire weapons caused a lot of argument with many different ideas examined. Finally, it was decided to fit was effectively a multi-rifle from the silver hawk into each arm. This has radically changed the appearance of the arm mounted weapon mounts tut is many times more effective. Several ideas were also examined for the chest weapon mounts but finally a twin rail gun mount was decided as a replacement. A new automated fire control system allows the rail guns to be fired without the pilot controlling and they are quite useful for point defense. The armor has stealth systems, gravity wave imaging systems, and a shield disruption system added. When all systems are considered, the Quinlin Rau is almost as effective as a starfighter and can d some of the roles of one in a pinch and it is quite capable of fighting silver hawk power armors even with the silver hawks having a two to one advantage. The protoculture sensor systems have been deleted from the design due there being little need for the system.
This power armor design uses modified starship speed and ranges. See Revised Starship Rules for Phase World for more details.
Model Type: FZPA-Z4-B
Class: Heavy Power Armor / Light Mecha
M.D.C. by location:
|Twin Barrel Gravitic Rail Turret (center of chest)||120|
|Multi-Weapon Forearm weapon mounts (2):||150 each|
|Shoulder Missile Launcher (2):||200 each|
|Hip Launcher (2):||200 each|
|Engines (2):||250 each|
|Forearms (2):||120 each|
|Forearm Shields (2):||300 each|
|Upper Arms (2):||120 each|
|Hands (2):||60 each|
|Legs & Feet (2):||350 each|
| Main Body:||650|
|Reinforced Pilot's Compartment:||200|
| Force Field:||320|
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the mecha down completely, rendering it useless. Note: Lasers do half damage.
 The force field will stop energy attacks and fast moving objects. Slow moving objects can pass through. The force field regenerates one (1) M.D.C. per melee round unless overloaded and then cannot be activated for 12 hours if overloaded. The force field pulls its power off of the power plant.
Running: 100 mph (160 km) maximum. Unlike smaller power armors, running does no tire out the operator.
Sublight: Has a special sublight engine that allows the power armor to travel up to 20 percent of the speed of light. Fighter can accelerate/decelerate at the rate of 1.2 percent of light per melee.
Atmospheric Propulsion: Maximum cruise speed is Mach 4 (2965.8 mph / 4773 kph), can enter and leave an atmosphere because flight system is by contra grav.
Underwater: It can walk along the bottom of the sea floor at 25% of maximum speed. The Quinlin Rau can also use its thrusters to travel up to a maximum speed of 100 mph (160 km)
Maximum Ocean Depth: 2 mile (3.2 km)
Maximum Effective Range: Limited only by the pilot's endurance. Emergency food and air supply will keep the pilot alive for a week. Because the power armors are anti-gravity in nature, they do not use reaction mass and can be sustained indefinitely in space as well.
Height: 18.5 feet (5.6 meters).
Width: 11.7 feet (3.6 meters).
Length: 13 feet (4 meters).
Weight: 16 tons (14.5 metric tons)
Physical Strength: Equal to a P.S. 55
Power System: Advanced Fusion (25 Years). Uses one protoculture cells for special systems (100 Year Duration). The protoculture system has a special anti-tampering device.
Cargo: 4 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft area behind cockpit for weapons, armor, and other small equipment.
Market Cost: Not Sold, If found it would probably be worth 150 million or more for a new, undamaged, and fully operational power armor.
WEAPONS SYSTEMS & EQUIPMENT:
- Multi-Weapons (2): Replaces the weapon systems on both of the forearm and is the main weapon systems of the Quinlin Rau Mk II and is identical to that of the Silverhawk power Armor except it has no grenade system. The weapon has a very long range laser and a short range particle beam. The power armor has a special targeting that allows both arm mounts to be fired as one attack. Even though theses weapons inflict a huge amount of damage, they are shorter ranged than the weapons on most fighters which while very useful in close combat are not as useful in a dogfight.
- Chest Mounted Rapid Fire GR-Gun Turret: Twin multi-barreled gravity rail gun a mounted in the center of the chest. These mounts are used as anti-missile defense and for backup for the forearm weapons. Unlike the original weapon systems, these can be operated on fully automated. The gun can either be put on automatic or can be fired by the pilot. On independent has +4 to strike and has 6 attacks per melee and gives +3 for gunner to use if he is targeting and firing.
- Shoulder Missiles (Mini Missiles): The launchers replace the short range missile launchers that were top mounted near the shoulder. Even with using mini missiles instead of short range missiles, the amount of missiles that could be carried was reduced due to size. The appearance of the launchers is virtually identical to the launchers on the original power armor. Weapon systems are protected by heavy armor, have a warning system to warn pilot when heavily damaged, and an ammo blow out system so if ammo explodes, armor only takes 10% of the damage of the explosion. Missile has a top speed of Mach 10 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 2% of light per turn (slightly faster than any starship except if it is acceding it maximum safe acceleration)
- Leg Missiles (Short Range Missiles): Instead of the multi load missile launching pods at the hips that the original power armor carried, the power armor carries the missiles in a single shot launcher. Special sublight missiles are used in place of conventional missiles. Missiles have a top speed of Mach 10 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 4% of light per turn (faster than any starship except if it is acceding it maximum safe acceleration). Missiles can be launched on multiple targets simultaneously. Smart Missiles are normally used in launchers.
- Force Field Disruptor: Special equipment built into armor to penetrate force fields primarily used on starships. It is similar to that of the Silverhawk power armor. The Power armor pulses energy in wavelengths that cancel out the forcefield in an area allowing the power armor to walk through the force field. The power armor must fly very close to the ship to do this (Force fields are usually 10 to 20 feet [3 to 6 meters] from the hull)
- Optional Hand to Hand: Treat as the same as the original hand to hand combat except increase the damages as listed.
Mega-Damage: One arm: HI Laser: 2D4x10 M.D., Particle Beam: 3D6x10 M. D., and Both Combined: 4D6x10+20 (Ranges are very different though). Both arms: HI Lasers: 4D4x10 M.D., Particle Beam: 6D6x10 M. D., and Both Combined: 8D6x10+40 (Costs one attack in all cases)
Rare of Fire: Equal to the combined number of hand to hand attacks of the pilot
Maximum Effective Range: HI Laser: 10,000 feet (3,050 m) in an atmosphere and 189.4 miles (305 km) in space. Particle Beam: 2000 feet (610 m) in an atmosphere and 37.9 miles (61 km) in space.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Mega-Damage: A burst is 120 rounds (60 from each barrel) and inflicts 4D4x10 M.D. Can only fire bursts.
Rare of Fire: Equal to the combined number of hand to hand attacks of the pilot or or by automatic (6 attacks per melee).
Maximum Effective Range: 3000 feet (914 m) in an atmosphere and 56.8 miles (91.4 km) in space.
Payload: 6000 rounds in back-mounted magazine; that's 50 bursts.
Maximum Effective Range: Mini-Missile range is 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere and 100 miles (161 km) in space.
Mega Damage: As per Missile Type (See revised Phase World Missiles for details.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or volleys of 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, or all of one load (24).
Payload: Carries 12 for each launcher and 2 reloads for a total of 72 missiles.
Maximum Effective Range: Short Range Missile range is 10 miles (16.1 km) in an atmosphere and 500 miles (804.7 km) in space.
Mega Damage: Varies with phase world short range missile type (See revised Phase World Missiles for details.)
Damage: Varies with missile types.
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, or all (24).
Payload: 12 each for a total of 24 missiles.
Maximum Effective Range: The disrupter field has a range of 20 feet (6.1 m)
Mega Damage: None. Creates a momentary hole that armor can step through. Has no effect on solid objects or on living beings.
Rate of Fire: One pulse per melee round, effect/Hole lasts 3 seconds
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
- Restrained Punch: 2D6 M.D.
Full Strength Punch: 6D6 M.D
Power Punch: 2D6x10 M.D.
Kick: 6D6 M.D.
Stomp: 2D4 M.D.
Body flip: 4D4 M.D.
Sensors & Equipment:
Has all the normal sensors of power armors in the Three Galaxies plus the following special features.
- Gravity Wave Sensor: Similar to sensor system in PA E-1000 Enforcer. System uses gravity waves like a form of radar. Range is 2000 ft (610 m) in an atmosphere and has 1000 times that range when operated in space. The system can electronically map the insides of structures. Combined with thermographics, will also detect invisible targets and find people inside building or ships, and even detect traps and hidden rooms. The sensor system cannot penetrate force fields or phase fields, however.
HAND TO HAND BONUSES
- Three Hand to Hand attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot).
- +4 to Roll with punch, fall, or impact (explosion), reducing damage by half.
- Body Flip/Throw: Damage 4D4 M.D., plus victim loses initiative plus one attack that melee.
- Kick Attack
- +3 to Strike
- +5 to Dodge (Auto Dodge while flying)
- +5 to Parry
- +2 to initiative
- One addition Hand to Hand attack at level six and level Twelve
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Macross®, Robotech®, Robotech: Sentinels®, SDF-1®, Southern Cross®, and Zentraedi® are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Harmony Gold USA, Inc. ]
Image by Artist (If you are artist, please E-mail me).
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 1999, Kitsune. All rights reserved.