Picture of ship without cruise missile launchers
CLVE Raptor class Light Cruiser and Escort Carriers:
(REF Three Galaxies)
Initially, The R.E.F. used Hunter class destroyers for escort ships but as the fleets got larger, there was some pressure to develop a new escort ship. The engineers prefer to modify existing designs and in most respects the Garfish filled the general role. The ship was upgraded where needed and the Raptor was the resulting ship. The first Raptor was actually a refitted Garfish that was rifted from the Robotech universe for similar reasons to the Minerva. It is suspected from evidence on board the ship that the ship had come from the Battle of Reflex Point. All other ships of the class are new manufacture in the Three Galaxies. Most of the class are manufactured at the R.E.F.'s Factory Satellite. Unlike most larger designs, the concept of combined Light Cruiser and Escort Carrier is much easier to achieve than combination battleship and carrier
If any one feature of the ship was thought as useless by the engineers, it would be the MTA Titan carrying ability. That space was reclaimed for the upgrades that were done to the design. A portion of this space is filled with the new fold drive design. This design is identical to that on the Excaliber class Corvette and retains the ability to make combat jumps. This was only possible because of new technology learned from captured UFO ship technology. The ship also has a variable force field system mounted in the space that was freed. The ships engines were retained but the ships power systems were replaced by a combination of anti-matter and reflex heat pile system. The sensors and communication were increased to Phase World military standards where they were lacking and a micro fold communication system has been added.
The ship has the armor increased and has new weapon systems. The ships tri laser cannons turret has been upgraded with lasers that inflict more damage. A possible upgrade in the future are to replace the lasers with X-Ray Laser or Grazers. The other non missile weaponry are point defense weaponry. The ship has six rail guns and three tachyon scatter beams. The ship retained its long range missile launchers but the launchers are designed for the more modern missiles in Phase World. Not having enough space for large cruise missile magazines, the ship has single shot external cruise missile batteries. The ship can also carry up to six pepperbox launchers to further increase the ships firepower.
In an effort to increase the number of fighters the ship can carry, the destroids with the exception of a few Zendraedi mecha were eliminated. The reduction in destroids, and the elimination of the MAC II or MAC III especially, has enabled the ship to carry a total of 16 veritech fighters. In addition, twenty of the Cyclones have been replaced by Glitterboys which are as effective as the destroids were in most ways.
If the ship has any major problem, it is that the ship is cramped due to the addition of so more equipment.
This starship design uses modified starship speed and ranges. See Revised Starship Rules for Phase World for more details.
Vehicle Type: Modified HSTC-27 Garfish
Class: Escort Carrier/ Light Cruiser
Crew: 85 (Was 55 but due to extra weapons, forcefield, and stardrive requires more crew)
Troop: 60 Cyclone Riders, 20 Glitterboy Pilots, 24 Veritech Pilots, 6 Zentraedi, and 25 support personnel. There is space for an addition 90 soldiers.
Veritech Fighters: 16 Total
|7||VAF-9C Contra Grav Alpha Combat Model Fighters|
|1||VAF-9ECM Contra Grav Alphas with Hurricane Jammer.|
|8||VBF-3C Contra Grav Beta Combat Models.|
|2||REF Z-2 Zentraedi Officers Battle Pod with Vehicle|
|4||REF Z-4 Micronised Female Zentraedi Power Armor Upgrade|
M.D.C. by location:
|Tri-Laser Turret (Under Nose):||1,200|
|Medium Lasers (3, In Turret):||600 each|
|GR-1000 Autocannon Turrets (6):||300 each|
|Tachyon Scatter Beams (3):||250 each|
|Long Range Missile Launchers (6, sides):||400 each|
|Cruise Missile Batteries (2, top):||800 each|
|Veritech Hangers (3):||1,600 each|
| Main Thrusters (3):||1,600 each|
| Secondary Thrusters (3):||1,000 each|
| Main Body:||6,500|
| Variable Force Field:||1,500 a side (9,000 Total)|
 Destruction of all three main engines will reduce the ships acceleration by 60% (20% each), destruction of Secondary engines will further reduce the ships acceleration by 30% (10% each). With all engines destroyed, the ship will only be able to accelerate at 10% of normal acceleration using maneuvering thrusters and contra-grav propulsion.
 In reality this is how much damage needs to be done for a weapon to hit the bridge through the ship’s armor. This ship does not have an auxiliary bridge. Even if the bridges is destroyed, the ship can still be piloted from engineering but ship is -3 to dodge and all weapon systems will be at local control. Weapon hits near the bridge that do not penetrate the ships integrity can injure crew members on or near the bridge.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will put the ship out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
 Shield positions are variable and can be combined into one shield. The shields regenerate at a rate of 5% (450 M.D.C. total) per melee round.
Driving on the Ground: Not Possible.
Sublight: Has a special sublight engine that allows the ship to travel up to 60 percent of the speed of light. The ship design could always reach 60% percent of the speed of light by its engines but due to radiation shielding, the ship design was originally limited to 20 percent of the speed of light. The ship can accelerate/decelerate at the rate of 1.4 percent of light per melee.
Atmospheric Propulsion: While listed for only limited atmospheric use, is actually capable of Mach 8 and is fairly maneuverable. Uses anti-gravity systems for greater maneuverability and the ship is trans-atmospheric..
Underwater Propulsion: Although it is not intended for underwater use, the ship can operate underwater. Maximum speed is 100 mph (160 kph)
Stardrive: Has a special Micro-Fold Drive that allows ship to fold up 10 light years in a period of six minutes. The drive is limited to being active for six minutes at a time. In deep space, such a between galaxies, the drive covers space five times faster and can cover 50 light years at one time. Engine can only do this once per hour. Instead of this, the ship can make up to ten combat folds per hour. The ship can do one fold per melee. These folds are limited to 30 light seconds (5,588,472 miles / 8991883.74 km) but each one reduces long range folding by one light year.
Fold drive does not work deep in a gravity well (Gravity wells interfere with fold drives).
Maximum Range: Unlimited, Combined power systems give it an estimated life of 50 years of constant use. Sublight engines and space fold offer virtually infinite range. Carries three years of supplies that could be stretched to four in an emergency.
Length: 350 feet (106.7 meters)
Width: 251 feet (76.5 meters)
Height: 114 feet (34.7 meters) without external cruise missile launchers and 132 feet (40.2 meters) with external cruise missile launchers.
Weight / Mass: 18,000 tons (16,330 metric tons)
Power System: Anti-Matter with a 50 year life and has a small Reflex Heat Pile System to power protoculture systems.
Cargo: Has several small cargo holds that can carry a maximum of 2,000 tons that does not include normal supplies.
Market Cost: Never been sold, would cost around 1.2 billion credits to build.
- Medium Laser Cannons (3): These laser cannon replace the cannons in the tri-laser turret that was mounted under front of the Fuselage/Wings near front end of wings and are fixed forward. All three Medium Laser Cannons are linked and are normally fired together. The turret has been modified to have the ability rotate 240 degree and to have a 70 arc of fire. They cannot be used faster than the speed of light. Weapons system when used hit fighters and small targets have no minuses to be hit due to sophisticated fire control.
- Six (6) GR-1000 Heavy Point Defense Rail Guns: Used as an anti-Starfighter and missile weapon and against targets that are impervious to energy. Each Rail Gun is in a turret that can rotate 360 and has a 180 arc of fire. Projectiles are fired from rail guns at a significant fraction of the speed of light. Cannon uses a 30 mm projectile.
- Three (3) Point Defense Tachyon Scatter Beams: The main purpose of this system is as an anti-missile point defense. They do this by firing a wide blast that affects all targets in a cone that can destroy whole volleys of missiles before the strike the ship (Roll once against a volley and unless the missiles roll to dodge greater than strike roll, they are all destroyed.) The stream lasts for significant fraction of a second and missiles tend to run into the stream (Gives +4 bonus vs fast moving targets such as missiles.) This system has an interesting property that the system can actually be used at FTL speeds because Tachyons travel faster than the speed of light. Each Tachyon Scatter Beam is in a turret that can rotate 360 and has a 180 arc of fire.
- Six (6) Long Range Missile Launchers: Launchers rim the base of the forward section almost directly above the Tri-laser turret. The launcher system is mounted in the original positions but are advanced launchers. Missile has a top speed of Mach 20 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 8% of light per turn (faster than any starship.) Whether weapons can be shot down is calculated from the speed of target, launcher, and missile. When drive goes dead, missile will continue to travel in a straight line unless set to self destruct but has very low odds of hitting star ships (Great for hitting bases and planets because target does not move and missile when dead at -25% to detect.) Long range missiles do not have minuses to hit small targets unlike cruise missiles and are all considered smart missiles. The can launch on individual targets each.
- Two (2) Cruise Missile Batteries: These batteries are similar to those used on C.A.F. starships but are single shot only. This allows for a much greater throw weight but reduces the total number of missiles that the launchers can carry. The batteries are mounted externally on the ships hull and are in front of the engines. The batteries are on the top of the ship opposite the ship hangers. These batteries can also be ditched if necessary. Missile has a top speed of Mach 25 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 10% of light per turn (far faster than any starship). Whether weapons can be shot down is calculated from the speed of target, launching starship, and missile. When drive goes dead, missile will continue to travel in a straight line unless preset to self destruct or receives a destruct code but has very low odds of hitting star ships (Great for hitting bases and planets because target does not move and missile when dead at -25% to detect.) See modified starship rules for more details - Cruise missiles have standard penalties hit small targets but are all considered smart missiles. Batteries can launch on multiple targets each.
Maximum Effective Range: 10,000 miles (16,100 km) in space, range is 20 miles (32.2 km) in an atmosphere
Mega Damage: 1D6x100 M.D.C. each (2D6x100 M.D.C. for all three combined)
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: 16 miles (26 km) through atmosphere and 1,600 miles (2,575 km) in space.
Mega-Damage: Rail gun inflicts 4D6x10 M.D.C. for a 40 round burst.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: 10,000 Rounds (250 Bursts) each cannon.
Maximum Effective Range: 99.4 miles (160 km) with a width of 12.4 miles (20 km), range and width is one sixteenth in an atmosphere.
Mega Damage: 2D4x10 M.D.C. each.
Rate of Fire: Maximum of four (4) times per melee each.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: Long Range Missile range is 3,400 miles (5,470 km) in an atmosphere and 1,800,000 miles (2,897,000 km/9.7 light seconds) in space.
Mega-Damage & Properties: See revised Phase World missile tables for details (Fusion warheads inflict 2D4x100 M.D.C. each.)
Rate of Fire: Can be fired one at a time or in volleys of 2, 3, or 6
Payload: 36 each launcher for 204 total
Maximum Effective Range: Cruise Missile range is 8,000 miles (12,875 km) in an atmosphere and 4,000,000 miles (6,437,376 km/ 21.5 light seconds) in space.
Mega-Damage & Properties: See revised Phase World missile tables for details (Anti-Matter multi-warheads inflict 5D6x100 M.D.C. each.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two (2), eight (8), sixteen (16), or thirty-two (32) missiles per melee round per launcher.
Payload: 64 cruise missiles total.
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Macross®, Robotech®, Robotech: Sentinels®, SDF-1®, Southern Cross®, and Zentraedi® are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Harmony Gold USA, Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 1998, 1999, & 2008, Kitsune. All rights reserved.