Slayne "Ravager" Power Armor:
These armors are manned by the "Soldier" class of the Slayne. The Slayne are in some ways a hive like organism with clear roles for various sub-species. They are more common than any other groups within the society except for the "Worker" class. Along with the "Workers", the "Soldiers" are considered by most who have studied them to be barely sentient. This does not mean a horde of them charging is their power armors is not an extremely scary sight. Almost completely fearless, they are also surprisingly cunning.
Quite unusual in many respect, the Slayne are non-humanoid with four leg like appendages and one set of dexterous prehensile limbs and one set of heavier limbs which are used for most tasks requiring great strength. As such, the dull black armor is quite unusual in its basic shape.
Like the starships built by the Slayne, the power armors are build with a Bio-Material Armor. This material is incredibly strong, equal to some of the armor alloys and composites used in Consortium and Trans-Galactic Empire designs. No one has yet been able to copy this armor material even though several groups are trying. The material appears to be grown and has what appears to be spikes and thorns making the armor even scarier looking. The amazing property of being able to regenerate damage is a feature of the armor just like it is for the starship designs. It also can adapt to attacks against it as long as they are not magical.
Power for these armors is produced by a fusion reactor. In many ways, this fusion reactor is the single most advanced technology produced by the Slayne. In addition to only being able to operate for about two years, the armor lacks the power of more advanced armors and the armor is not capable of flight. It can run at speeds up to around one hundred and twenty kilometers per hour and can leap for short distances. Leapong distances is greatly increased in conditions of micro gravity.
Even though the armor is not designed to flight, the armor can operate in space and on airless moons and even toxic or radioactive environments. The Slayne themselves are extremely tolerate to hostile environments and require far less oxygen than humans and most other sentient organisms. Life support is quite primitive in the armor.
Weaponry is light for an armor of its size. The armor mounts a battery of twelve mini-missiles with six on each shoulder. Armor piercing warheads are the most commonly used. Otherwise, the armor is armed with combination arm mounted weapon which combines a pulse laser and a grenade launcher. These weapons appear to be adapted from weapon systems operated by other civilizations. Power for the laser is pulled from the armor's fusion reactor for an effectively unlimited payload. The grenade launcher is much shorter ranged but can still be extremely useful. The claws can also be used to rip through an enemies armor in close combat.
Unlike starship designs, a handful of these power armors have found their way into the hands of civilizations other than the Slayne. Slightly lighter, they can be adapted to other body types such as humans although the life support built into the armor is not sufficient. These may be given for great favors and few are willing to give up an armor if they manage to acquire. More common, although still extremely rare, is that they can also replace the armor material of another power armor with the material of this armor.
Model: Slayne Ravenger Power Armor
Class: Ground Assault Power Armor
Crew: One ("Soldier" Type generally)
|M.D.C. By Location:||Slayne Version:||Humanoid Version:|
|Shoulder Mini-Missile Launchers (2):||80 each||80 each|
|Combination Pulse Laser / Grenade Launcher:||100||100|
|Prehensile Arms (2):||140 each||130 each|
|Claw Arms (2):||200 each||- - - - - - -|
|Legs (4 - 2 Humanoid Version):||200 each||180 each|
| Main Body:||480||440|
 Destroying the head/helmet has a 1-70% chance of knocking the pilot unconscious. If conscious, the pilot has two problems, one: no power armor combat bonuses to strike, parry, and dodge, and two: the human head is now vulnerable to attack. Note: The head is a small and difficult target to hit. Thus, it can only be hit when a character makes a called shot and even then the attacker is -3 to strike.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will put the power armor out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support. The body of the power armors has the ability to repair itself. These repairs are affected at the rate of 6D6 M.D.C. per minute. The power armor can only repair up to half the M.D.C. of a system or the main body without needing additional resources.
Running: 74.56 mph (120 kph) maximum unloaded. Note that the act of running does tire out its operator, but at a fatigue rare of 20% of normal thanks to the robot exo-skeleton.
Leaping: The powerful robot legs can leap up to 14.76 feet (4.5 meters) high or across if the armor is unloaded. Add 10 feet (3 meters) with a running start. Note that leaping height and distance on the moon and micro gravity can potentially be doubled (or more.)
Underwater: The armor can also walk along the bottom of the sea at about 25% of its normal running speed with a maximum depth of 1,000 feet (310 m).
Range: The Armor's range is virtually unlimited.
Height: 10.17 feet (3.1 meters). Spikes / thorns add an additional 0.656 feet (0.2 meters)
Width: 5.91 feet (1.8 meters). Spikes / thorns add an additional 0.656 feet (0.2 meters)
Length: 8.53 feet (2.6 meters) Slayne Versions / 5.25 feet (1.6 meters) Humanoid Versions. Spikes / thorns add an additional 0.656 feet (0.2 meters)
Weight: 2700.7 lbs (1,225 kilograms) Slayne Versions / 2,094.4 lbs (950 kilograms) Humanoid Versions
Physical Strength: Equal to a PS 42
Cargo: None but can carry small equipment
Power System: Fusion Reactor; Average energy life is 2 years
Market Cost: A small number of these armors have been traded for technology or for other reasons. Only a handful have ever been sold by the owners of these armors. These may sell for twenty to forty million. A legitimate government might offer even more in an attempt to study the design.
- One (1) Heavy Pulse Laser / Grenade Launcher: This weapon system is mounted on the right arm of the power armor. It is mounted on the claw arm on the Slayne version. The weapon combines a pulse laser with a grenade launcher. The laser is designed to fire three blast bursts although can fire single shot as well. The grenade launcher can use a variety of different types of grenades including plasma although armor piercing grenades are the most common.
- Two (2) Shoulder Mini-Missile Launchers: In each shoulder of the armor are six mini-missile launchers with a total of twelve mini-missiles. The launchers have the ability to fire up to six mini-missiles as a single volley. A shield comes down to protect the launchers when not being fired. Missile has a top speed of Mach 10 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 2% of light per turn (slightly faster than any starship except if it is exceeding it maximum safe acceleration). Three Galaxy Mini-Missiles are normally guided with most common warheads being armor piercing types.
- Energy Rifles or Light Rail Gun and other hand-held weapons can be substituted in an emergency or used as a back-up weapon. Space limitations and the bulk of the armor limit additional weapons to one. Standard weapons are -2 to strike on the Slayne version only due to the claws.
- Hand to Hand Combat: Rather than use a weapon, The pilot can engage in mega-damage hand to hand combat. See Basic Power Armor Combat Training in the Robot Combat section of Rifts, page 45. All abilities are the same except as follows:
Maximum Effective Range: Pulse Laser: 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) in an atmosphere. Range is eight times normal when used in space. Grenade Launcher: 2,000 feet (610 meters) in an atmosphere.
Mega-Damage: Pulse Laser: 4D6 for Single Shot and 1D6x10 for 3 simultaneous blasts. Grenade Launcher: Fragmentation inflicts 4D6 with a blast diameter of 12 feet (3.66 meters), Armor Piercing inflicts 1D4x10 blast diameter of 3 feet (0.91 meters), and plasma inflicts 1D6x10 with a blast diameter of 20 feet (6.1 meters.)
Rate of Fire: Either Weapon System: Equal to number of combined hand to hand attacks of pilot (usually 4-6).
Payload: Pulse Laser: Effectively unlimited. Grenade Launcher: 20 grenades.
Maximum Effective Range: Mini-Missile range is 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere and 100 miles (161 km) in space.
Mega Damage: As per Mini-Missile Type (See revised Phase World missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two (2), three (3), four (4), or six (6) missiles.
Payload: Six (6) in each launcher for twelve (12) total
- -3 to dodge penalty
Normal Punch: 3D6 M.D.
Claw Punch (Slayne Version): 5D6 M.D.
Claw Power Punch (Slayne Version): 1D6x10 M.D.
Claw Crush or Tear (Slayne Version): 4D6+4 M.D.
- Adaptive Body: The Ravager Power Armor has the ability to adapt to any non magical attacks on it. Once a specific attack has been used against the armor, it will adapt to that attack and any attack of that type that is encountered afterwards will only be at half effect in the next engagement. Magical attacks will continue to inflict full damage. Variable frequency weapons such as variable frequency lasers can be reset to do full damage once this is discovered. The adaption takes about five days to be completed.
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2010 & 2012, Kitsune. All rights reserved.