T.G.E. Armageddon Kreeghor Super Dreadnought:
When the first Free World League ship detected the Armageddon, they thought their sensors were off and the ship was a lot closer than the sensors said the ship was. Unfortunately, this was not the case and while the Free Worlds Council Forces arrayed against it were capable of taking out a normal dreadnought, they were not capable of taking on this ship. Still, this ship has been badly damaged in battle with enemy forces on several occasions with independent forces and the loss of the ship would have a huge political impact. The vessel was also hideously expensive to construct. For these reasons, the ship is not used on any missions that involve serious risks.
The Trans-galactic Empire built this ship to be able to destroy squadrons of any other ship and to be able to take on the entire defenses of a strongly defended system. This ship is virtually identical to a standard Kreeghor dreadnought in outward appearance but is three times longer than a standard dreadnought. It is armed with a super heavy weapon that the weapon system itself is larger than a normal Kreeghor dreadnought and no known ships from the Three Galaxies can match the Super Dreadnought in firepower. To support this, the ship is armed with four times the number of heavy laser cannons, three times the number of heavy particle beams cannons, four times as many point defense weapons, and eight times the number of cruise missile launchers as the normal Kreeghor Dreadnought. It is quite likely that the cruise missile launchers on the vessel will be replaced by the longer ranged heavy cruise missile launchers seen on some of the T.G.E. Navy's newest vessels. The gravity generators carried on the Death Trap might be added to the vessel at a later time replacing some of the ship’s secondary weaponry. Due to the cost of the Super Dreadnought, the ship will in all likelihood not be armed with X-Ray laser mounts. Even though the ship is huge, it still shares many of the same faults as the Doombringer class dreadnought and has a weakness for being attacks by small but powerful vessel and the ships defenses can be overwhelmed with missiles.
In the ships huge hanger bays the ship carries more than three times as many fighters and the marines include three times as many power armors as this ship’s lesser cousin. Like might be expected, this ship requires a huge crew. The Armageddon was one of the first vessels equipped with the new Sharktooth class light starfighters. This ship is interesting in the fact that it has a virtually palatial section for when the Emperor uses the ship as his Flagship. The ship has been used several times as the Emperor's flagship when he wishes to watch a battle.
Only one ship of this class is in service but both CAF and Free Worlds intelligence originally thought that they had solid intelligence that suggested that there is a second super dreadnought under construction. This is now seriously doubted. There were also some intelligence indications that the ship that was under construction might be in reality be much larger (as much as 10 times as large as a standard Dreadnought) and far more powerful. The reality seems to be that the Trans-Galactic Empire is switching over too smaller, but all around more capable, battlecruiser designs. Visual evidence supports that the Eradicator class Battlecruiser will become the new heavy combatant of the Trans-Galactic Empire forces with the Dreadnoughts acting in a similar role to the Consortium's new Battle Carrier concept and supporting the line combatants. It seems that the Armageddon class is simply too expensive to produce and if there was a second super dreadnought started, it appears that it was scrapped.
Crew and Troop percentage is 65% Kreeghor, 15% Royal Kreeghor, 10% Machine People, 5% Silhouette, and 5% other. The ship carries a very small number of Humans or Wolfen onboard because there are serious concerns about their loyalty. Because the Dweller does not trust anyone with full power on the ship, it has a dweller fragment on board as an advisor and the Captain and Executive officer are from clans that have grudges against each other. The fragment works subtly to make sure that the two senior officers maintain their rivalry while preventing it from becoming a full fledged duel. The Dweller fragment will not hesitate to kill both of them if they seem to be getting out of hand.
Ship design uses modified starship speeds and weapon ranges. See Revised Starship Rules for Phase World for more details.
Model Type: ISD-2
Vehicle Type: Super Dreadnought
Troops: 25,000 Marines and 5000 fighter pilots.
Vehicle, Robots, and Power Armors:
|8,000||Warlord Mark I|
|4,000||Warlord Mark II|
|1,000||ST-110 Sharktooth Light Starfighters|
|1,000||FF-100 Standard Flying Fangs|
|1,000||FFB-120 Flying Fang Bombers (Carries 4 Cruise missiles)|
|250||SW-1 Star Ghost Fighters|
|20||Rain of Death Transports|
M.D.C. By Location:
|Devastator Super Laser Horn Cannons(2):||20,000 each|
|Heavy Laser Batteries (24):||2,000 each|
|Heavy Particle Beam Cannons (24):||1,200 each|
|Cruise Missile Batteries (24):||1,000 each|
|Point Defense Laser/Missile Batteries (100):||350 each|
|GR Cannons/Missile Batteries (100):||400 each|
| Auxiliary Bridge:||250,000|
| Main Engines:||500,000|
| Main Body:||1,000,000|
| Variable Force Field:||50,000 a side (300,000 Total)|
 In reality this is how much damage needs to be done to get a weapon through the armor on a called shot to hit the bridge. This ship also has an auxiliary bridge. The ship can still be piloted from engineering even if both bridges are destroyed but the ship is -3 to dodge. All weapon systems will be at locally control at the weapon mounts. Weapon hits near the bridge can injure crew members near the bridge.
 Destroying the main engines means that the ship FTL systems are destroyed and maximum sublight speed is reduced by half.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will put the Super Dreadnought out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
 Shields positions can be varied and all could be combined in one shield. Shields regenerate at the rate of 5% per melee (15,000 M.D.C.)
Driving on the Ground: Not Possible.
Sublight: Has a special sublight engine that allows the ship to travel up to 60 percent of the speed of light. Star Ship can accelerate/decelerate at the rate of 0.5 percent of light per melee.
Atmospheric Propulsion: Maximum speed is 100 mph (161 kph), can enter an atmosphere and can leave but is not designed for atmospheric flight and cannot land on a planet.
Stardrive: Uses a Gravitonic Drive system that allows the ship to reach a maximum of 3 light years per hour.
Maximum Range: Effectively Unlimited by either Drive system. Carries about five years worth of supplies on board.
Length: 30,000 feet (9144 meters)
Height: 5,000 feet (1524 meters)
Width: 7,500 feet (2286 meters)
Weight: 500 Million Tons (453.6 metric tons)
Power System: Anti-Matter with an 80 year life span. The ship normally only goes 20 years between refueling and refitting.
Cargo: Cargo holds are scattered about the ship that allows for carrying up to 80 million tons of cargo in addition to standard compliment of supplies and ammunition. Each enlisted crew member has a small locker for personal items and uniforms. ship’s officers have more space for personal items. Most of the ship’s spaces are taken up by extra ammunition, armor, troops, weapons, engine, and other equipment.
Market Cost: No ships of this design have ever been put on sale on the market (or probably ever will be). It cost 450 billion credits to build the super dreadnought. This is the cost of nine normal Dreadnoughts.
- Two (2) Devastator Super Heavy Horn Cannons: Huge versions of the horn cannon on standard Kreeghor Dreadnoughts. The range is the same as a normal dreadnought Horn Cannon but damage is much greater and can take ships up to Battle Cruisers in a single shot with both cannons firing on the same target. These guns are easily the size of a regular sized Kreeghor Dreadnought and cannot be mounted on any ship smaller than a Super Dreadnought. The weapon system cannot be used to engage targets while traveling at faster than light velocities. Weapon has standard penalties to hit fighters and small targets for a large weapon system.
- Twenty-Four (24) Heavy Laser Batteries: Identical weapon system as on a standard Kreeghor dreadnought but four times more have been added to ship. Up to three batteries can be combined into one attack and three Batteries. Can easily destroy a frigate or destroyer in one shot. The weapon system cannot be used to engage targets while traveling at faster than light velocities. Weapon has standard penalties to hit fighters and small targets for a large weapon system.
- Twenty-Four (24) Heavy Particle Beam Cannons: Like the Laser Batteries, they are identical to the particle beam cannons on a standard Dreadnought. These cannons cannot be linked and are used against large targets similarly to the targets fired at with the heavy laser batteries. Weapon has standard penalties to hit fighters and small targets for a large weapon system.
- Twenty-Four (24) Cruise Missile Batteries: The ship carries twenty-four launchers to launch cruise missiles, Ship has 16 forward firing launchers and 4 rear firing launchers. Missiles has a top speed of Mach 25 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 10% of light per turn (far faster than any starship.) Whether weapons can be shot down is calculated from the speed of target, launcher, and missile. When drive goes dead, missiles will continue to travel in a straight line unless set to self destruct but has very low odds of hitting starships (Great for hitting bases and planets because the target does not move and missile when dead at -25% to detect.) Cruise missiles have minuses to hit small targets but are all considered smart missiles. Each battery can launch on multiple targets each.
- One Hundred (100) Point Defense Lasers/Mini Missile Batteries: Weapons are mounted around the ship for point defense. Missiles have a top speed of Mach 10 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 2% of light per turn (slightly faster than any starship except if it is exceeding it maximum safe acceleration) in space. Missile launchers can launch on multiple targets each at the same time.
- One Hundred (100) 22 mm GR Rail Gun/Mini Missile Batteries: Each turret can rotate 360 and has a 180 arc of fire. Weapons are mounted around the ship for point defense. The rail gun fires projectiles at incredible velocities compared to rail guns on Rifts Earth and projectiles are fired from the rail guns at a significant fraction of the speed of light. Missile has a top speed of Mach 10 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 2% of light per turn (slightly faster than any starship except if it is exceeding it maximum safe acceleration) in space. Missile launchers can launch on multiple targets each at the same time.
Maximum Effective Range: 120,000 miles (192,000) in space and 120 miles (192,000 km) in atmosphere.
Mega-Damage: 2D6x10,000 M.D. each (4D6x10,000 for both).
Rate of Fire: Each one can be fired once every other melee round.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: 100,000 miles (160,000 km) in space. and 100 miles (160 km) in atmosphere.
Mega-Damage: 1D4x1,000 M.D. each (3D4x1,000 for three cannons)
Rate of Fire: Each one can be fired once every melee round.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: 4,000 miles (6,400 Km) in space and 4 miles (6.4 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega-Damage: 2D4x100 M.D. each
Rate of Fire: Equal to gunners hand to hand
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: Cruise Missile range is 8,000 miles (12,875 km) in an atmosphere and 4,000,000 miles (6,437,376 km/ 21.5 light seconds) in space.
Mega-Damage & Properties: See revised Phase World missile tables for details (Anti-Matter inflicts 4D6x100 M.D.C.).
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 10 per launcher, per melee round, for a total of 240 missiles per melee. Launchers are reloaded on the same melee and can be fired again on the next.
Payload: 960 total, 40 cruise missiles per launcher.
Maximum Effective Range: Mini-Missile range is 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere and 100 miles (161 km) in space. Lasers have a range of 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere and 100 miles (161 km) in space.
Mega-Damage: Laser cannon inflicts 3D4x10 M.D. per blast. Mini-Missiles vary by mini-missile type (See revised Phase World missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5). Mini-Missiles are fired one at a time or in volleys of two (2) or four (4) mini-missiles.
Payload: Laser has effectively unlimited payload. Has 32 mini-missiles at each launcher (3,200 total, can carry potentially several times more in storage holds).
Maximum Effective Range: Mini-Missile range is 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere and 100 miles (161 km) in space. Gravity Rail guns have a range of 4 miles (6.4 km) in an atmosphere and 200 miles (362 km) in space.
Mega-Damage: GR-Cannon inflicts 3D6x10 M.D. for a 40 round burst. Mini-Missiles vary by mini-missile type (See revised Phase World missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5). Mini-Missiles are fired one at a time or in volleys of two (2) or four (4) missiles
Payload: GR Cannon has 8000 rounds/ 200 Bursts each, has 32 mini-missiles at each launcher (3,200 total, can carry potentially several times more in storage holds.)
- Battlelink Main Control System: The Main Battlelink computer provides the Armageddon with the ability to share targeting data with other capital ships in the area, which provides all ships participating in the link with improved targeting solutions and hit chances, both for their point defense, as well as their capital weapon systems. For more information regarding the Battlelink, go to Phase World Battle Link.
- Captain: 10th level Royal Kreeghor, 1120 M.D.C.
XO: 9th level Royal Kreeghor, 1050 M.D.C.
Advisor: Dweller Fragment, 4000 M.D.C., prefers small female human forms to throw other off guard
Guard: Invincible Guardsman, Kreeghor, 5th Level, 740 M.D.C., Metal Form, Enhanced strength (48).
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 1998, 2000, & 2010, Kitsune. All rights reserved.