Star Elven Celebrimbor class Cruiser (U.W.W.):
Star Elves have long ago learned how to build true starships. In the first times they tried with "true magical" ships, using alchemist techniques from the Palladium World. These vessels were fully space-capable and quite unique, but very slow and weak even compared to the Dwarven Iron Ships. Then the elves accepted techno-wizardry, and even technology-based sublight engines, but they still tended to refuse technologic weapons and everything that was clearly a Dwarven innovation. So they devised lightning cannons instead of flame cannons, entity-controlled missiles instead of Bottled Demons, and other things as well. In the third stage the star elves discovered the edge which comes from the technological weapons' better range and started to use lasers everywhere.
The Star Elven Kingdom has the greatest navy in the UWW after the Warlock Navy. In fact, some Elven rulers (not the High King, but the Lords of systems or planets) tend to be distrustful towards the Warlock Marines and use their own fleets to "solve problems" (i.e. piracy, Dark Covens...).
The Celebrimbor cruiser is the newest star elven warship, and quite possibly the most beautiful ever. The ship forms a gilded silver bird with open wings. Birds were always the concept behind elven ships - except the very first ones -, but no vessels were so realistic. The building process still requires magic, since star elves don't have super-strong alloys required for a warship’s hull.
The ship uses a heavy laser and two lightning cannons for long-range Engagement, and also special cruise missiles. Elves rarely use explosive warheads, rather special missiles like Barrier Dispelling (against magical shields), Magic Negation (As per Anti-Magic Cloud), or Negate Mechanics (against tech-vessels). The missile which can teleport though a non-magical force field is also an Elven creation. A typical tactic against other techno-magical ships is to shoot down force fields with Barrier dispeller, then disable the Impervious to energy feature with Magic Negator, then attack with long-range energy weapons.
For medium range the ship has the same type of lasers used by Warlock Navy cruisers. Point defense is totally magical, with the exception of four mini-missile launchers, with six meteor cannons and six double Starfire cannons in turret mounts. The ship has the usual set of defensive spells: Invisibility: Superior, Impervious to Energy and Shadow Meld.
The Celebrimbor is equipped with the new version of Rift Drive, which is officially still under field testing. Star elves played a main part in developing this system, that's why they already have it (normally, the Warlock Navy would lay its hands on it alone). The new drive has twice the safe range and needs only 20 % more psychic energy to use. It seems that the Rift opened with it becomes unstable if too small or too large, so only cruisers can use it at the present stage. This Rift also basically differs from usual ones: instead of being a simple surface, it has a depth, making it similar to a wormhole.
Elven warships have more comfortable living compartments than similar ships of human or dwarf design. The interior, especially the bridge is highly decorated. The current style is similar to earth baroque, although it uses more plant-like decoration patterns (flowers, vines and leaves). The ship carries only 12 fighters, because star elves use only one fighter class, the heavy Feanor. It also lacks the usual Rift Cannon, but long-range weaponry compensates for this.
The name "Celebrimbor" comes from the ancient elven myths (although it is not clear if these myths are about the star elves' ancestors, or elven myths from another world or a parallel universe or just ancient fictional writings of a long dead human - elves deny the latter, of course). He was an elven hero, but the name also means "silver fist" in ancient elven. Ships of this class - five built already - are named after famous elves of history.
This starship design uses modified starship speed and ranges. See Revised Starship Rules for Phase World for more details.
Model Type: Celebrimbor cruiser (CAF designation code: SE-07
Vehicle Type: Cruiser
Crew: 125 plus 12 techno-wizards
Vehicle, Robots, and Power Armors:
|12||Feanor heavy fighers|
M.D.C. By Location:
| Main Body:||48,000|
| Wings (2):||15,000|
|Gravity Drive Engines (2):||10,000 each|
| Auxiliary Bridge:||10,000|
|20 cm Heavy Laser Cannon:||3,000|
|18 inch Heavy Lightning Cannons (2):||1,000 each|
|Medium Laser Cannon Turrets (3):||1,000 each|
|Medium Laser Cannons (6):||500 each|
|Meteor Defense Turrets (6):||250|
|Star Fire Defense Turrets (6):||200 each|
|Cruise Missile Launchers (2):||1,000 each|
|Mini-Missile Launchers (4):||125 each|
| Armor of Ithan Force Field:||10,000|
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will put the ship out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
 Destruction of either wing eliminates all bonuses in an atmosphere.
 In reality this is how much damage needs to be done for a weapon to hit the bridge through the ship’s armor. This ship also has an auxiliary bridge. Even if both bridges are taken out, the ship can still be piloted from engineering but ship is -3 to dodge and all weapon systems will be at local control. Weapon hits near the bridge that do not penetrate the ships integrity can injure crew members on or near the bridge.
 This is not a variable force field, but a magical shield that must be completely depleted. Once the shield has been knocked down, it will cost 1,000 P.P.E. and require one minute ( 4 melees) of spell casting to restore the force field.
Driving on the Ground: Not Possible.
Sublight: Has two sublight engines that allow the ship to travel up to 60 percent of the speed of light. Star Ship can accelerate/decelerate at the rate of 0.85 percent of light per melee round.
Atmospheric Propulsion: Maximum speed is Mach 2 using contra grav flight systems. The ship has excellent atmospheric maneuverability. Due to starship having gravitic propulsion systems, starship can enter and leave the atmosphere.
Stardrive: Rift Jump Drive Mark II; Maximum safe jump of 40 light years every six hours (costs 5,000 P.P.E.).
Maximum Range: Life support will keep crew alive for up to ten years, as long as the P.P.E. generators are kept in working order.
Length: 689 feet (210 meters)
Height: 91.8 feet (28 meters)
Width: main body: 147.6 feet (45 meters), wingspan: 885.8 feet (270 meters)
Weight: 132,300 tons (120,000 metric tons)
Power System: Combination Fusion & Techno-wizardry with 20 year life span. The Cruiser also has a P.P.E. generator that produces 6,000 P.P.E. per hour / 25 P.P.E. per melee round (Activating the Rifts Jump Drive costs 5,000 P.P.E.) and can hold up to 20,000 P.P.E. in storage. This P.P.E. can be used to power the Rifts Jump Drive and Armor of Ithan shield, or can be used to power spells cast by the Cruiser crew.
Cargo: Cargo holds can hold up to 12,000 tons of additional material. Each enlisted crew member has a small locker for personal items and uniforms. ship’s officers have more space for personal items. Most of the ship’s spaces are take up by extra ammunition, armor, troops, weapons, engine, and other equipment, but still more comfortable than a human or dwarfen cruiser.
Market Cost: The Cruiser costs 6 billion credits to construct. The ship is not for sale outside the Star Kingdom, and even not available to Elven planets at the moment.
- One (1) 20 cm Heavy Laser Cannon: Positioned in the "head" of the bird, this is the best long-range weapon of the ship. Design is traded from the CCW and is the same weapon mounted on the main battery of the Warshield class cruiser. Weapon has standard minuses to hit fighters and small targets. The cannon is powered by the fusion reactor.
- Two (2) 18 inch Heavy Lightning Cannons: These cannons are the star elves' answer to the Dwarven Flame cannon. The weapons are mounted on the sides of the "head". Each mount can rotate 45 degrees up or down and has a 45 degree arc of fire to the sides of the ship that the weapon is mounted on. The cannons fires giant lightning bolts which has a better range and damage yield than fireballs. The cannons fire control is not designed to lock onto any targets smaller than frigates, but the cannons can be used to bombard planets as well.
- Six (6) 5 inch Laser Cannons mounted in Double Turrets: Each turret can rotate 360 degrees and has a 60 degree arc of fire upwards (or in one case, downwards). All the cannons in a turret can be fired as one or each barrel can be fired separately. The ship has a total of two turrets on the top, one turret on the belly of the ship, and can fire all three turrets to the front, back or sides of the ship. These are a modern weapon system powered by the fusion reactor. Weapon has standard penalties to hit fighters and small targets for a large starship weapon.
- Meteor Cannons (6): These cannons are identical to those mounted on the Nexus X Cruiser on page 146 of Three Galaxies book. They serve as the ship’s anti-missile weapons. Not only do they a fair amount of damage, they fire in a cone, making them +2 to strike incoming missiles and +4 to strike fighters. Mounted on top of the ship (2), belly of the ship (2) and on the wings (2x1). Cannon turrets can fire at up to a 90 degree angle away from the hull surface and can rotate 360 degrees. The gun does not have penalties to strike small targets. Uses a version of the spell of the same name from page 151 of Federation of Magic. These cannons are extremely expensive to operate, costing 100 P.P.E. per shot to fire. Firing all six weapons four times per melee costs 2,400 P.P.E. Because of the magical energy required to fire, these weapons are used sparingly.
- Double Star Fire Turrets (6): These cannons are identical to those mounted on the Mystic Breacher Shuttle on page 147 of Three Galaxies book. The spell used is a version of Power bolt from page 140 of Federation of Magic. Mounted in similar distribution as the meteor cannons, in turrets. Cannon can fire at up to a 90 degree angle up or down and can rotate up to 360 degrees. The gun does not have penalties to strike small targets. The spells must be renewed every two months (costs 400 P.P.E. and 20,000 credits per Cannon) but during the period the weapon can fire unlimited blasts.
- Two (2) Cruise Missile Launchers: The ship has two cruise missile tubes under the ship. The launchers are copied from those carried on a Hunter class destroyer. Missile has a top speed of Mach 25 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 10% of light per turn (far faster than any starship.) Whether weapons can be shot down is calculated from the speed of target, launcher, and missile. When drive goes dead, missile will continue to travel in a straight line unless set to self destruct but has very low odds of hitting star ships (Great for hitting bases and planets because target does not move and missile when dead at -25% to detect.) Cruise missiles have minuses to hit small targets but are all considered smart missiles. While missile are only launched at the rate of one at a time per launcher, the ships computer has special software that allows all the missile to hit a target at the same time for the purpose to make point defense of a target is more easily overwhelmed. This is done by slowing down the acceleration of missile and by setting some for delayed activation and target must be a least 30 seconds away. Missile are then considered to only have an acceleration of 5% of light for the first turn. Batteries can launch on multiple targets each at the same time.
- Fireball: Even star elves need a good explosive missile type. The spell in this warhead almost equals that of the Dwarven flame cannon in strength.
- Barrier dispeller: Cancels out magical force fields, like Armor of Ithan and Invincible Armor. The force field has a saving throw vs magic with a bonus of +1 for every 1,000 M.D.C. in it. Every missile in the same volley gives a -1 penalty (so 10 missiles against a 10,000 M.D.C. shield needs a straight roll). Invincible armor has an additional +3 to save.
- Negate Mechanics Missile: The missile contains sixteen mini-missiles which burst out when the missile gets close to its target. Each one is enchanted with the spell to negate mechanics. It takes approximately ten missiles hitting a single hit location / system to negate that location / system.
- Anti-magic: it produces the effects of an Anti-Magic Cloud spell. If save vs magic is made, with no bonuses this time, all magical systems continue operating at 50% efficiency in the next 30 minutes. If save is failure, all magic systems are disabled for one hour. This missile can be found on page 130 of Three galaxies book.
- Enchanted Decoy: Works like a standard technological Decoy missile with the exception that the decoy puts up an illusion which will fool visually as well.
- OPTION: Teleporter: every magical missile can be given this feature. The missile senses when it is about to hit a non-magical force field and teleports forward only a few meters. This will get the missile behind the shield. Chance of success is only 65%, a failed roll means the teleportation happened at the wrong time, and the missile hits the force field. Magical force fields and phase fields give protection from teleportation. If missile succeeds in teleporting, it still has to roll to strike and can still miss. Reduce damage / effects of missile by half due to being able to carry a smaller warhead.
- Four (4) Mini-Missile Launchers: These are missile turrets used for point defense against enemy fighters and missiles. Missile has a top speed of Mach 10 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 2% of light per turn (slightly faster than any starship except if it is exceeding it maximum safe acceleration.) Batteries can launch on multiple targets each at the same time.
- Techno-Wizard Modifications: The cruiser has the following Techno-Wizard Modifications built into the ship. These require P.P.E. or I.S.P. from the ships crew or P.P.E. battery.
Maximum Effective Range: 100,000 miles (161,000 km) in space. and 100 miles (161 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega-Damage: 1D4x1,000 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Can fire twice per melee round.
Payload: Effectively unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: 32,000 miles (50,000 km) in space and 32 miles (50 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega Damage: 1D6x1,000 each cannon
Rate of Fire: Maximum of two (2) times per melee per cannon (A total of 4 blasts).
Payload: Needs 1500 P.P.E. per day to function.
Maximum Effective Range: 16,000 miles (25,000 km) in space and 16 miles (25 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega Damage: 1D6x100 each or both cannons in a turret can be combined for a total of 2D6x100.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: 500 miles (800 km) in space and 5 miles (8 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega Damage: 4D6x10 M.D. in 30 degree cone.
Rate of Fire: Maximum 4 shots per melee per turret.
Payload: Costs 100 P.P.E. per shot to fire (Firing all six weapons four times per melee costs 2,400 P.P.E.)
Maximum Effective Range: 200 miles (320 km) in space and 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega Damage: 4D6x10 per shot for both cannons in a turret.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: Unlimited, although the spells must be renewed every two months whether the cannons have been used or not.
The launcher usually fires magical warheads. They are controlled by a trapped Tectonic Entity and fly by a normal contra-gravitic engine. That means they have the same acceleration and range as conventional cruise missiles, but use magical means to find the target. They suffer no penalties when used against magical-only targets (like Splugorth Bio-ships or the old True Magical Elven starships). On the other hand, all bonuses are lost when used against unmanned technology-based drones (including incoming missiles). Warheads that have a special spell installed do 6D6x10 M.D. on impact. The most popular ones are the following:
Mega Damage: 6D6x100 M.D.
Cost: 500,000 credits per missile.
Cost: 300,000 credits per missile.
Cost: 360,000 credits per missile.
Cost: 900,000 credits per missile.
Cost: 500,000 credits per missile
Cost: Normal Cost of Missile plus 100,000 credits per missile.
Mega-Damage & Properties: varies with type (See revised Phase World missile tables for Standard Missiles.)
Rate of Fire:One cruise missile per melee attack (special software allows 2 to 5 missile to be launched as one volley depending on gunners hand to hand attacks) per launcher. This allows total volleys of 4 to 10 cruise missiles to be launched in one melee
Payload: 50 cruise missiles per launcher for a total of 100.
Maximum Effective Range: Mini-Missile range is 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere and 100 miles (161 km) in space.
Mega-Damage: Varies with mini-missile type (See revised Phase World missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of 4, 8, 16, 32, or 40 mini-missiles.
Payload: 160 per launcher for a total of 640 mini-missiles.
- Shadow Meld (10th Level) - 80 P.P.E. or 160 I.S.P.
Impervious to Energy (10th Level) - 160 P.P.E. or 320 I.S.P.
Invisibility-Superior (10th Level) - 160 P.P.E. or 320 I.S.P.
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Image created and copyrighted by mailto:Andrew J. Hodges.
More artwork at His website
By Noro (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Revised by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2006, Noro & Kitsune. All rights reserved.