TID "Screaming Hawk" Combat Armor (U.W.W.):
For a techno-wizard armor, the Screaming Hawk is extremely advanced technologically. In many ways, it can fill a similar role as the Consortium Silverhawk power armor although its combat abilities are not quite the equal of the Consortium design. It was originally develop as the as the next generation of Warlock Marine Combat Armor. It was rejected due to cost of upgrading forces and the need to retrain Warlock Marines to the use of the new armor.
Still, TID manufactures the armor for some private buyers and their own personnel. Some planetary government have adopted the armor and some mercenary companies inside of the United Worlds Warlock. It is not available for sale though the open market outside of Warlock controlled space. Those receiving the armor must swear an oath similar to the one given by retiring Marines except it protects TID as well. As well, the armor is programmed so that it cannot be used against the United Worlds Warlock in a similar manner to the Warlock Combat Armor.
The external appearance appears hawk-like with fingers which are clawed (and are extremely effective weapons). It also has an extremely fierce raptor style head including a long and sharp beak. The style of the armor includes the head, body, arms, and upper legs covered with a feather pattern. The feet are also clawed (and are effective weapons just like the hand claws) and the lower legs are covered with a scaly pattern instead of appearing feathered.
Power is provided by a powerful fusion reactor, more advanced than those mounted on most United World Warlock Designs. The armor has a powerful contra-grav flight system mounted in a backpack which is conventional in design and the performance is equal to that of the Warlord Mark II Armor produced by the Trans-Galactic Empire. Even so, the armor is as well protected as the standard Warlock Marine Armor and it is better protected that the flying model even though it has far better performance. There is the additional protection of an "Invincible Armor" force field. It has most of the standard features of the Warlock Combat Armor including being highly resistant to magic and special magical sensors. There is also a powerful magical battery mounted in the power armor. One important enchantment on the armor is the invisibly superior enchantment mounted on the power armor.
Because it has both arm and foot claws, the armor does not need to carry swords for effective melee combat. Both are enchanted to be effective weapons. It mounts Ion Beams similar to those carried on the Warlock Marine Armor are carried although with mini-missile launchers. Extra-Dimensional space allows a much larger payload to be carried than would be otherwise possible. Still, the armor was developed with long range space combat, and the mini-missile launchers are not considered adequate weapon systems for long range space combat. As a result, the standard weapon is the TID-190 Multi-Weapon Assault System. The laser mounted in the weapon system appears to be copied from the Consortium Silverhawk but the particle beam is not mounted. Instead a gravity rail gun is mated with the laser although has a much shorter range. It is based on the GR-15AR Gravity Rail Gun. As well, a four barrel micro-missile launcher is mated with the weapon systems. The micro-missile launcher is a modified version of the NE-800R Missile Assault System. Both the gravity rail gun and the micro-missile launchers have extra-dimensional compartments for a greater payload.
Probably the most spectacular feature of the armor is a special jamming system and is likely where the name "Screaming Hawk." comes from. It is newly developed and attracts a lot of interest. The jamming system is not carried by all models and increases the cost greatly. It jams normal radio system, radar systems, laser system, and even gravity based systems. The system has limited range but only visual targeting is usually effective against it. Unlike conventional jamming systems, the jamming cannot be targeted against specifically. There are several weaknesses of the system. It effects all the sensors of the power armor which makes it as blind as any opponent. As well, it cannot be turned on and off at will. One proposed maneuver would be use these jamming systems to make a jamming wall to protect a larger starship. The Warlock Military is extremely concerned with the system and makes sure than none are able to be sold outside of Warlock controlled space and that the secrets of the system are not revealed.
There is a special version of the Raider Augmentation developed for the Screaming Hawk. When the Augmentation is mounted, the flight systems cannot be used but weapon systems can still be used and the claw weapons are still able to used as well.
This power armor design uses modified starship speeds and weapon ranges. See Revised Starship Rules for Phase World for more details.
Vehicle Type: TID-SH-1
Class: Techno-wizard assault armored exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
| Contragravity System (l, in back):||180|
|Shoulder Plates (2):||120 each|
| Mini-Missile Launchers (2, Shoulders):||90 each|
|TD-190 Multi-Weapon Assault System:||150|
|Claw Hands (2):||200 each|
|Arms (2):||150 each|
|Claw Feet (2):||200 each|
|Legs (2):||200 each|
| Main Body:||400|
| "Invincible Armor" Forcefield||200|
 Destroying the Contra-Grav Flight Pack prevents the Screaming Hawk from any form of flight.
 The mini-missile launchers are small and difficult targets to strike, requiring the attacker to make a “called shot,”, but even then the attacker is -4 to strike. When not preparing to fire, shoulder plates cover the Mini-Missile launchers.
 Second value is for the face plate of the armor. Destroying the helmet or face plate of the armor will eliminate all forms of optical enhancement and sensor systems. The pilot is forced to rely on his or her own vision and senses. However, the mystic link between the armor and the pilot are not lost and the wearer can continue to fight with reduced bonuses. The wearer loses one attack per melee and half of their power armor bonuses.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the armor down completely, making it useless.
 Can be activated up to three times per day (24 hours) and has a duration of 24 minutes (96 melee) per activation. The armor regenerates damage at the rate of 1D6 M.D.C. per melee round. The armor also offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply. Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor! Should the armor be destroyed, it absorbs all the extra damage and disappears in a flash of light. No damage is carried over to the wearer.
Running: Can run up to 70 mph (112.6 km) maximum. Note that the act of running does tire out its operator, but at 10% of the usual fatigue rate, thanks to the robot exoskeleton.
Sublight: Has a special sublight engine that allows the power armor to travel up to 20 percent of the speed of light. Fighter can accelerate/decelerate at the rate of 0.7 percent of light per melee.
Atmospheric Propulsion: Up to Mach One (approximately 741.5 mph/1,193.3 km) in an atmosphere. Not streamlined for atmospheric flight.
Maximum Altitude: Unlimited. The contragravity system allows the suit to escape a planet's atmosphere and fly out of orbit.
Underwater: The armor can travel up to a maximum speed of 40 mph (64 kmph) to a maximum depth of 1000 feet (304.8 meters).
Maximum Effective Range: Limited only by the endurance of the pilot.
Height: One foot (0.3 meters) taller than the wearer (each suit magically molds itself to the pilot, adapting to his size)
Width: 4 to 6 feet (1.2 to 1.8 meters) wide, depending on the size of the pilot (usually 3 feet/0.9 m less than the suit's height)
Length: usually around 4 feet (1.2 meters) including the CG pack
Weight: 550 lbs (249.5 kg) to 1,400 lbs (635.0 kg)
Physical Strength: Equal to a supernatural PS 45
Power System: Nuclear and magic; 20 year life. Has a P.P.E. Battery with 250 P.P.E. (Regenerates 2 P.P.E. per hour normally and 10 P.P.E. per hour on a ley line.)
Market Cost: 8 million credits to manufacture without Jamming System. Jamming system costs an additional 20 million credits. The black market has gained an extremely limited supply of these suits, which sell at anywhere between 50 and 100 million credits (Without Jammer).
- TID-190 Multi-Weapon Assault System (MWAS): This is the standard issue weapon for the Screaming Hawk. It is an extremely powerful and effective weapon. The laser is a copy of the laser carried on the Silverhawk power armor operated by the Consortium. Instead of a particle beam and grenade launcher, a gravity rail gun is mounted and a micro-missile launcher are mounted. Both smart guided and unguided micro-missiles are available and there are several special micro-missile warheads available. Smart guided missiles have +4 to strike and +4 to dodge. Both have dimensional pockets to increase payload. Power is pulled from the armor's fusion reactor. The laser is the only weapon truly effective in space combat.
- Forearm Ion Beams (2): Each arm has a two short range but powerful ion beam cannon. For virtually unlimited payload, the weapons pull power directly from the armor's fusion reactor. The suit's operator need only point and shoot. The forearm lasers can be used in combined attacks if the person has the skill Paired Weapons: Energy Pistol
- Shoulder Mini-Missile Launchers (2): In each shoulder of the armor are three mini-missile launchers with the ability to fire up to six mini-missiles as a single volley. A shield comes down to protect the launchers when no being fired. Each has the capacity for twelve mini-missiles for a total of twenty-four mini-missiles total. There is a dimensional pocket which stores most of the missiles. Missile has a top speed of Mach 10 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 2% of light per turn (slightly faster than any starship except if it is exceeding it maximum safe acceleration). Three Galaxy Mini-Missiles are normally guided.
- Optional weapons: Other heavy energy weapons can be used by the armor. Energy weapons can be connected to the armor for effectively unlimited payload. The most popular substitution is the Volcano Rifle Many wearers carry a sidearm and most that carry a weapon other than the TID-190 also carry magic swords and axes (or other melee weapon.)
- "Screamer" Jamming Sphere (Optional): This enchantment is a more powerful version of the spell "Frequency Jamming" and instead of effecting a single target, it create a sphere which jams all communication and sensor systems within the sphere. The enchantment effects all radio communication, radar systems, sonar systems, motion detectors, heat sensors, laser communication, laser targeting, optical cameras, and other similar systems (including gravity based systems). It effects the systems of the Screaming Hawk using the enchantment as well and enemies and allies. It does not effect flight systems or control systems but only allows visual piloting. Such system as gyro-compasses will continue working but magnetic compasses will be jammed. Missile systems can generally only be dead fired at targets within the jamming sphere due to no missile guidance systems working within the jamming field. Since the jamming is not localized and magical in nature, the jamming itself cannot be targeted.
- Hand to Hand Combat: Rather than use a weapon, the pilot can engage in mega-damage hand to hand combat. Also has +3 to save against magic, +1 to save against psionics, and +2 to save against horror factor. These bonuses are in addition to normal pilot and power armor bonuses.
Weight: 140 lbs (63.5 kg)
Maximum Effective Range: HI-Laser: 20,000 feet (6,100 meters) in an atmosphere and 189.4 miles (304.8 meters) in space, G-Cannon: 4,000 feet (1,220 meters) in an atmosphere and 32,000 feet (9,760 meters) in space, Micro-Missile Launcher: As per missile type (1 miles unguided missiles / 2 miles guided missiles). Using modified rules, multiply ranges by 8 times in space
Mega-Damage: HI-Laser: 2D4x10 M.D., G-Cannon: Inflicts 3D4 M.D. for one round, a three round burst inflicts 1D4x10 M.D., and a 10 round burst inflicts 2D4x10 M.D., Micro-Missile Launcher: 6D6 per standard K-Hex micro-missile.
Rate of Fire: HI-Laser & G-Cannon: Equal to number of combined hand to hand attacks (usually 4-6). G-Cannon can fire Single Shot, Three Round Burst, and Ten Round Bursts, Micro-Missile Launcher: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two (2), three (3), or four (4) missiles. Each volley counts as a single attack.
Payload: HI-Laser: Effectively Unlimited, G-Cannon: 1,000 round drum magazine, Micro-Missile Launcher: 64 micro-missiles.
Maximum Effective Range: 1,000 feet (305 m) in an atmosphere. Range is eight times normal when used in space.
Mega-Damage: 4D6 each and 8D6 for both blasters. If the person has paired weapons, Energy Pistol, can do up to 16D6 per attack.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the number of combined hand to hand attacks of the person in the suit (usually 4-6) .
Payload: Effectively unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: Mini-Missile range is 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere and 100 miles (161 km) in space.
Mega Damage: As per Mini-Missile Type (See revised Phase World missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two, three, four, or six.
Payload: 12 each launcher for 24 total.
In addition to disabling all sensor and communication systems, the jamming field creates a screeching or screaming sound. This causes all which hear the sound to have to save against magic or have -3 to initiative and -1 to strike, parry, and dodge. This effects anyone who listens to the jamming on communication systems or through sonar (or similar system) as well as those without hearing protection within the radius of the enchantment.
Maximum Effective Range: 1000 feet (305 meter) globe around Power Armor.
Duration: 30 minutes and can be activated up to three times per day
Bonuses from the armor:
- +1 to initiative
+1 to strike, parry, and dodge (Additional +3 to dodge while flying)
+1 additional hand to hand attack at levels five and ten
+1 to roll with impact or fall
+1 to pull punch
- Punch: 6D6 MD - Added to hand to hand weapon damage
Hand Claw Strikes: 1D6x10+10
Power Punch: 2D4x10 MD (two attacks)
Kick: 6D6 MD
Foot Claw Strikes: 1D6x10+10
Body Flip/Throw: 1D6 MD
Body Block/Tackle: 2D4 MD
The armor has a P.P.E. battery built into the armor in the form of emerald crystals. This magical energy cannot be used by the wearer to cast spells but can be used to power enchantments in the armor. The armor stores 10 P.P.E. for every crystal built into the armor with twenty-five total (250 P.P.E.) Magical energy regenerates at the rate 2 P.P.E. per hour normally or 10 per hour on a Ley Line. Spell casters can tap this energy as well as being able to channel energy into the suit.
- Protection: Armor gives a bonus of +3 to save against magic (including anti-magic cloud and other forms of dispelling magic), +1 save against psychic attacks and a bonus of +2 to save vs Horror Factor. Enchantment cannot be combined with the spell of "Amulet" to increase bonuses further.
- See The Invisible: Always active. Same as spell and used at will. 200 feet (61 meters) range. Can see forces, objects, and creatures which can turn invisible, or are invisible. Can also see vaporous beings and astral bodies.
- Sense Evil: Can be activated four times per day with a duration
of thirty minutes per activation. Range is 90 feet (27.4 meters). The sense
evil enchantment will enable the wearer of the armor to feel or sense the
presence of supernatural evil. It will indicate approximately how many
supernatural evil presences are within range, one, a few (2-6), several
(7-14), or many (15 or more). It can also register the intensity of the
evil and pinpoint the general location of the source(s) to a particular
room(s), possessed object, or person, or an approximate distance (very
close, near, far, etc.)
Evil emanations from human beings are much less distinct and can not be sensed unless the source/person has an immediate evil intention.
- Presence Sense: Can be activated four times per day with a duration of thirty minutes per activation. Range is 120 feet (36 meters). Presence sense is a sixth sense which will alert the wearer to the presence of supernatural and magic creatures in the area. The ability can not pinpoint the location of the presence, but will give the wearer the impression of whether it is near (within 50 feet/15.2 meters) or far (beyond 90 feet /27.4 meters). It will also give the character a vague idea of how man presences there are; one (1 or 2), a few (3 to 6), several (7 to 14), or many (15 or more). The wearer can also sense human presences, but with much less accuracy. It is more of a feeling of "We are not alone The person's distance is undeterminable and the number of people limited to a sense of one or two or many (and that is only right 50% of the time).
- Invisibility Superiority: Enchantment costs 20 P.P.E. (Normally comes from P.P.E. Battery) to activate. Duration is 24 minutes per activation. Makes the wearer of the armor invisible to all means of detection. Infrared, ultraviolet, heat, motion detectors, and even an animal's sense of smell, can not locate the invisible person. No footprints are made, and little sound (Prowl 84%). The magic is broken only if the character makes a hostile move, engages in combat/attacks. At that instant, he becomes completely visible.
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Image created and copyrighted by mailto:Andrew J. Hodges.
More artwork at His website
Copyright © 2008, James Laursen & Kitsune. All rights reserved.