Thoth Industries Crystal Shard Starfighter (U.W.W.):
Similar to the Consortium, there are multiple starship with the territories of the United Worlds Warlock. One of these is run by a techno-wizard named Asyribis who is rumored to be the Demi-God offspring of the god Thoth. There are several different classes of "Crystal Shard"craft including fighters, corvettes, and light cruisers. Larger designs are simply too expensive to construct with the ships costing an average of double that of a pure technological design of the same class. While many military leaders and engineers consider the general technology of ships built within the United Worlds Warlock to be inferior to standard technological designs, the Crystal Shard class of ships are considered some of the most effective and powerful ship operating within the Three Galaxies. While the designer has attempted to get contracts with the government to purchase these craft, so far there has been no orders beyond a few purchased for evaluation purposes. Still, even though extremely expensive, these craft have been purchased by techno-wizard mercenary companies and other interested independent parties. These vessels have been used in engagements against pirates and in internal conflicts where they have performed incredibly.
The fighters and ships are built in a similar configuration and are all incredible works of art and the ships look like crystalline manta-rays with its wings bent slightly forward and a shorter tail than is seen in a true manta-ray. The craft are extremely sleek and their configurations makes them ideal to operate in an atmosphere and underwater as well as in space. The fighter version is a bit larger than most fighters such as the Black Eagle operated by the Consortium Armed Forces.
The fighter's hull is constructed out of enchanted crystalline material that are immune to all non magical energy weapons yet is as strong as a normal fighter's hull. The development of the hull appears to be a variation on the enchantments used to construct Mystic Power Armor. Like a Mystic Power Armor, the use of the spell "Armor of Ithan' and focused magical energies can be used to heal damage to the starship. While the fighter being impervious to energy means that a large number of weapons are ineffective against the ship, Asyribis was not satisfied with this and wanted a force field as additional protection. Field tests were performed on "Armor of Ithan" force fields, standard fighter force fields, and "Invincible Armor" force fields. While the "Invincible Armor" required more magical energy than the “Armor of Ithan” force field, it was far stronger and was chosen. The standard force field was not selected because of the systems draw from main power and once dropped, the shield requires a huge amount of power to bring back up.
For propulsion, pure technological engines were selected and the fighter is equal in top acceleration to a Consortium Black Eagle although the crystal fighter is a bit larger and the gravity drives are a bit larger and require more power with power being provided by a powerful fusion reactor. An interesting feature is that the fusion reactor is inside a permanent dimensional pocket. This was done to protect the ship from a collapsing fusion bottle but has the interesting advantage of making the fighter's neutrino signature virtually non existent. A huge amount of research went into developing a better Rift drive for the fighter but without success and a conventional contra-grav FTL propulsion was eventually selected. It was found that the contra-grav system was more reliable and could be activated more often (allowing easy escapes from star systems). Top speed is only two light years per hour although the engines on the larger crystal starships are far faster and more efficient.
One of the larger problem with the weapon systems on many United Worlds Warlock designs is that they are much shorter ranged than conventional weapons. For that reason, conventional weapons were selected for the main weaponry with three HI-Laser cannons and a heavy gravity rail gun as the fighter's main weaponry. The HI-Laser cannons are identical to those carried by the Black Eagle star fighter and the gravity rail gun is the GR-1000 Gravity Rail gun which is one of the heaviest fighter carried rail guns ever developed. The techno-wizard Asyribis considered Bottled Demon missiles too dangerous as well being both expensive and hard to acquire at times. Due to this, a conventional missile layout was selected. The fighter has two launchers for medium range missiles with one inside of each wing and a large missile bay under the fuselage. Each of the medium range missile bays can carry eight medium range missiles and the main bay can carry four cruise missiles or a larger number of smaller missiles. Medium range missiles were selected instead of mini-missiles or short range due to having much greater range. In the main bay, two long range missiles or four medium range missiles can be substituted for a cruise missile. It is likely that the launchers would be adapted for "cruise" style bottle demon missiles if the fighter is adopted by the United Worlds Warlock.
Fighter design uses modified starship speeds and weapon ranges. See Revised Starship Rules for Phase World for more details.
Model Type: TI CF-02-B
Vehicle Type: Medium Interceptor and Attack Fighter
Crew: One (has space for one passenger)
M.D.C. By Location:
|GR-1000 Gravity Rail Cannon (Center, under cockpit):||80|
|HI-Laser Cannons (3, built into body):||100 each|
|Ordnance Bays (underside of main body):||225|
|Medium Range Missile Launchers (2, underside of "wings"):||120 each|
| Main Body:||900|
|Reinforced Pilots Cockpit||180|
| Magical "Invincible Armor" Force Field:||500|
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will put the fighter out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck. Note: The fighter is impervious to all non magical energy weapons. Hull can also be completely regenerated with the spell "Armor of Ithan" and 600 P.P.E.
 This is not a variable force field, but a magical shield that must be completely depleted. Once the shield has been knocked down, it will cost 50 P.P.E. and require one minute ( 4 melees) of spell casting to restore the force field. When knocked down, no additional damage beyond which destroyed the shield will be transferred to the fighter.
Driving on the Ground: Not Possible.
Sublight: Has a special sub-light engine that allows the ship to travel up to 40 percent of the speed of light. Fighter can accelerate/decelerate at the rate of 1.6 percent of light per melee.
Atmospheric Propulsion: Maximum speed is Mach 8 (5,930 mph / 9,550 kph), can enter an atmosphere because flight system is by contra grav. Because all ordnance are in bays, they do not reduce the fighters atmospheric top speed.
Surface Travel: Can Float on the surface or can travel as a hydrofoil on the surface of the water with a top speed of 500 mph (805 kph / 435 knots)
Underwater: Has a maximum speed underwater of 69 mph (60 knots/ 111.2 kph)
Maximum Depth: 5 miles (8.05 km)
Stardrive: The fighter has a special Gravitronic Drive system which allows the fighter to reach a maximum of two light-years per hour.
Maximum Range: Effectively Unlimited by drive system but only has supplies for pilot for six weeks.
Length: 44.5 feet (13.6 meters) including stinger tail
Height: 15.8 feet (4.8 meters)
Width: 54.2 feet (16.5 meters)
Weight: 22.5 tons (20.4 metric tons)
Power System: Combination Fusion & Techno-wizardry with 10 year life span. Stored in a special dimensional pocket. The fighter also has a P.P.E. generator that produces 200 P.P.E. per hour and can hold up to 400 P.P.E. in storage. This P.P.E. can be used to power the spells cast by the fighters crew and enchantments on the fighter.
Cargo: Utility closet (4 x 2 x 2 feet / 1.2 x .6 x .6 m) for personal effects.
Market Cost: 160 million credits.
- GR-1000 Gravity Rail Gun: The Gravity Rail gun is mounted in under the nose of the starfighter and is considered to be the fighter's primary weapon system. The rail gun is the same rail gun as is carried in the C.A.F. Scorpion Star fighter. Weapon is mainly used as an anti-star fighter and strafing weapon. Projectiles are fired from rail guns at a significant fraction of the speed of light. Cannon uses a 30 mm projectile. The rail gun can be combined with the triple laser cannons.
- HI-Laser cannons (3): These laser cannons are virtually identical to those carried on the standard Black Eagle Starfighter except the fighter mounts three cannons instead of two . The laser cannons can be used simultaneously or can be fired individually. They can also be combined with the GR-cannon for greater damage if both are in range.
- Ordnance Bay: On the underbelly of the fighter is an ordnance bay that allows the fighter to carry missiles. The fighter can carry up to four cruise missiles or a variety of smaller ordnance. Two long range missiles or four medium range missiles can be substituted for each cruise missile. Ordnance can be mixed and matched as needed. Cruise missile are normally carried when on an anti-capital ship role and long and medium range missiles when fighting other starfighters. Cruise Missiles have a top speed of Mach 25 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 10% of light per turn (far faster than any starship.) Long Range Missiles have a top speed of Mach 20 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 8% of light per turn (faster than any starship.) Medium Range Missiles have a top speed of Mach 15 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 6% of light per turn. Whether weapons can be shot down is calculated from the speed of target, launcher, and missile. When drive goes dead, missile will continue to travel in a straight line unless set to self destruct but has very low odds of hitting starships (Great for hitting bases and planets because target does not move and missile when dead at -25% to detect.) Cruise missiles have minuses to hit small targets but are all considered smart missiles. Missiles can be launched on multiple targets simultaneously.
- Medium Range Missile Launchers (2): Under each wing unit are medium range missile launchers. Weapon system is used for hitting enemy robots, fighters, and missiles. Weapon system is also used for anti-cruise missile. Missile has a top speed of Mach 15 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 6% of light per turn. Launchers can launch on multiple targets at the same time.
- Techno-Wizard Modifications: The Crystal Shard Fighter has the following Techno-Wizard Modifications built into the Fighter. These require P.P.E. or I.S.P. from the pilot.
Maximum Effective Range: 16 miles (26 km) through atmosphere and 1,600 miles (2,575 km) in space.
Mega-Damage: Rail gun inflicts 4D6x10 M.D.C. for a 40 round burst (Can be combined with laser cannon and still only costs one attack).
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the Pilot (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: 10,000 Rounds (250 Bursts).
Maximum Effective Range: 5 miles (8 km) through atmosphere and 500 miles (800 km) in space.
Mega-Damage: 2D4x10 per single blast, 4D4x10 per double blast, or 6D4x10 per triple blast (can be combined with rail gun at still the cost of one attack).
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the pilot (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Maximum Effective Range: Cruise Missile range is 8,000 miles (12,875 km) in an atmosphere and 4,000,000 miles (6,437,376 km/ 21.5 light seconds) in space, Long Range Missile range is 3,400 miles (5,470 km) in an atmosphere and 1,800,000 miles (2,897,000 km/9.7 light seconds) in space, and Medium Range Missile range is 160 miles (257.5 km) in an atmosphere and 80,000 miles (128,750 km/0.43 light seconds) in space.
Mega-Damage & Properties: See revised Phase World missile tables for details (Cruise Anti-Matter multi-warheads inflict 5D6x100 M.D.C. each and Long Range Fusion warheads inflict 2D4x100 M.D.C. each.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two, three, or four missiles.
Payload: 4 Cruise Missile, 8 Long Range Missiles, or 16 Medium Range Missiles (Two long range missiles or four medium range missiles can be substituted for a cruise missile)
Maximum Effective Range: Medium Range Missile range is 160 miles (257.5 km) in an atmosphere and 80,000 miles (128,750 km/0.43 light seconds) in space.
Mega-Damage: Varies with medium range missile type (See revised Phase World missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two (2), four (4), eight (8), or sixteen (16) missiles.
Payload: 16 medium range missiles (8 each launcher)
- Shadow Meld (8th Level) - 10 P.P.E. or 20 I.S.P.
Invisibility-Superior (8th Level) - 20 P.P.E. or 40 I.S.P.
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2005, Kitsune. All rights reserved.