U.W.W. Silver Sabre Light Power Armor:
The Warlock Combat Armor is an extremely dangerous and effective design of power armor. It is also extremely rare and hard to acquire. Except for retired Warlock Marines, the suits are rarely found outside of Warlock Military hands. As a result, most independent groups within Warlock space rely on other designs of power armors. This includes both the individual governments and mercenary companies.
One of the most commonly captured power armors is the K-Universal Power Armor especially by Mercenary Companies. Many enemies of the United Worlds Warlock are outfitted with such armors and there is also some privateer activities against Splugorth ships and even planets in some cases. Many are sold of course but others are retained by the groups who capture these armors. While generally a good armor, it is unarmed and comparatively lightly armored. Still, the armor makes a good basis for a new suit.
The new suit is called the “Silver Sabre” and is greatly modified from a standard model K-Universal power armor. Some troops actually prefer the Silver Sabre over the Warlock Combat Armor. Due to the popularity of this upgraded armor, there is discussion of manufacturing these armors instead of simply upgrading K-Universal armors.
The basic internals are unchanged including the tiny but powerful fusion power plant, standard servos (does not have supernatural strength like the Warlock Combat Armor), the ability to leap at extremely high speeds, and equipped with a limited ability for flight. Even though most advanced power armors in the Three Galaxies are fitted with a contra-grav flight system, refitting with a new flight pack was considered too expensive. The armor styling is changed with a more sleek appearance and the armor is replaced by laser resistant armor similar to what is mounted on the famous Glitter Boy armor. It gives around the same protection as the standard K-Universal to other types of weapons including rail guns and other types of energy weapons.
The biggest change in the armor are a variety of extremely effective magical additions to the armor. All of these enchantments are powered by a powerful magical battery which uses emeralds to hold the magical energies. The battery recharges fairly slowly but provides as much as an extremely powerful wizard and allows non-spell casters to use the various enchantments. Powered by this battery is an "Invincible Armor" force field which greatly increases the ability of the armor to withstand damage. In each palm of the armor is a "Light Blade" Sword which can be activated by simply concentrating. They are able to cut through extremely dense materials including even starship hulls. Most suits are fitted with the enchantment of invisibility for stealth purposes. In addition to enchantments which pull power from the main battery, the armor mounts a number of fixed enchantments. The wearer of the suit can see the invisible and has bonuses against magical and psychic attacks. These armors can be fitted with a teleport beacon which allows second waves of troops to be teleported to the location of the armor with a 99% chance of success.
The armor is also fitted with a number of standard technological weapon systems and equipment. These include Naruni micro-missile launchers fitted into each forearm with each launcher having two micro-missile launchers. They are fitted with dimensional pockets for a vastly increased capacity to carry micro-missiles. Each magazine has a capacity for thirty micro-missiles. Some special micro-missiles have been developed with special enchantment fitted to the missile warheads. Otherwise, hand held weapons are usually carried. Most commonly carried weapons include the PB-85 Rifle, Volcano Rifle, and the GR-15AR Assault Rifle.
Model Type: Silver Sabre light Power Armor
Class: Strategic Armor Military Exo-Skeleton
Crew: One (Pilot)
M.D.C. by Location:
| Rear Jet Pack (1):||50|
| Chest Headlight (1):||2|
| Forearm Micro-Missile Launchers (2):||30 each|
| Main Body:||220|
| "Invincible Armor" Forcefield||200|
 Destroying the jet pack will make power jumps and flight impossible.
 These are small and difficult targets to strike, requiring the attacker to make a “called shot,”, but even then the attacker is -4 to strike.
 Destroying the head/helmet has a 1-70% chance of knocking the pilot unconscious. If conscious, the pilot has two problems, one: no power armor combat bonuses to strike, parry, and dodge, and two: the human head is now vulnerable to attack. Note: The head is a small and difficult target to hit (shielded by exhaust tubes). Thus, it can only be hit when a character makes a called shot and even then the attacker is -3 to strike.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the armor down completely, making it useless. Note: All Power Armor locations are laser resistant.
 "Invincible Armor" Force Field costs 30 P.P.E. per activation (usually pulled from the armor's P.P.E. battery but can be charged by the operator of the armor as well if a spell caster) and has a duration of 24 minutes (96 melee) per activation. The armor regenerates damage at the rate of 1D6 M.D.C. per melee round. The armor also offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply. Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor! Should the armor be destroyed, it absorbs all the extra damage and disappears in a flash of light. No damage is carried over to the wearer.
Running: 40 mph (64 kph) maximum or leap running at 170 mph (272 kph - described under power jumping). Note that the act of running does tire out its operator, but at a fatigue rate of 20% less than normal, thanks to the robot exo-skeleton.
Leaping: The integrated jet pack enables the power armor to leap a height of approximately 50 feet (15 m) high or 300 feet (91.5 m) long in a power jump. Note that leaping height and distance on the moon and micro gravity is doubled (or more)
Power Jumping and travel: Getting a running start will enable the individual to leap up to 300 feet (91.5 m) up or lengthwise. The height of the leap is controlled by the pilot.
By leaping, landing, continuing to run a few dozen yards/meters, and power leaping again, the operator can attain and maintain, an impressive ground speed of 170 mph (272 kph), even through light forest (speed should be reduced 40% through dense vegetation or hazardous terrain to avoid accidents). Directional control is nearly total, but engaging the jet pack to avoid a collision or bad landing may slow one's speed. Also the flight capabilities enable the pilot to stop in mid-air if necessary. Note that leaping height and distance on the moon and micro gravity is doubled (or more).
Flying: In an atmosphere, The rocket propulsion system enables the K-Universal to hover in a stationary position up to 300 feet (91.5 m) or fly at a maximum speed of 100 mph (160 km). In space, the flight pack gives a maximum acceleration of 0.5 G.
Flying Range: The nuclear power pack gives the armor a decade of life. It is the jet rockets getting too hot and needing to cool down that causes the overheating problem. A half hour of constant flying is the maximum before the jets overheat and automatically shut down. In space, the Flight Pack has enough reaction for thirty minutes of thrust. Remember, traveling by power jumps can be maintained for an unlimited number of hours at 170 mph.
Underwater: The armor can travel up to a maximum speed of 40 mph (64 kmph) to a maximum depth of 1000 feet (310 meters).
Height: 8 feet (2.4 m)
Width: 4.4 feet (1.34 m)
Length: About 3 feet (0.9 m)
Weight: 200 lbs (90 kg) with jet pack.
Physical Strength: Equal to P.S. 30.
Power System: Nuclear; average life is 10 years and P.P.E. Battery with 500 P.P.E. (Regenerates 2 P.P.E. per hour normally and 10 P.P.E. per hour on a ley line.)
Market Price: 4.5 million credits for a new, undamaged, full powered suit complete with jet pack, weapon systems, and enchantments. Invisibility Superior
- T.W. Lightblade Sabres (2): In the palm of each hand of the power armor is a light blade sabre that resembles a Bastard sword in size (3.75 feet long and 2.5 inches wide / 1.1 meters long and 6.4 cm wide.) Magical energy to charge the blades comes from the magical P.P.E. battery of the power armor. Each activation costs 20 P.P.E. and has a duration of eight minutes per activation (To activate both blades costs 40 P.P.E.) The Light Blades have +1 to strike and can be used to parry energy blades with no special bonuses to parry (gets normal hand to hand bonuses.)
- Forearm Micro-Missile Launchers (2): In each forearm is a launcher for Micro-Missiles. Each launcher can launch up to two micro-missiles as a volley. Both smart guided and unguided micro-missiles are available and there are several special micro-missile warheads available. Smart guided missiles have +4 to strike and +4 to dodge. Missiles are stored in a dimensional pocket which allows a much greater payload to be carried than would be otherwise possible.
- Energy Rifles or Light Rail Gun and other hand-held weapons can be substituted in an emergency or used as a back-up weapon. Space limitations and the bulk of the armor limit additional rifle weapons to one rifle and one pistol. Common weapons include the PB-85 Rifle, Volcano Rifle, and the GR-15AR Assault Rifle.
Maximum Effective Range: Close Combat Only
Mega-Damage: 1D4x10+8 M.D. per swing. Against Vampires, Shadow Beasts, and other creatures vulnerable to light, the light blade inflicts double damage (double damage to hit points on vampires.)
Rate of Fire: Equal to the number of hand to hand attacks of the pilot and his power armor (usually 4-6, see Power Armor Training). Paired weapons may be used with two swords.
Payload: Eight Minutes (32 Melee) per Activation (Cost 20 P.P.E. per activation)
Maximum Effective Range: As per missile type (1 miles unguided missiles / 2 miles guided missiles). Using modified rules, multiply ranges by 8 times in space
Mega Damage: 6D6 per standard K-Hex micro-missile.
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two (2) missiles.
Payload: 30 micro missiles per forearm launcher for a total of 60 micro-missiles.
The armor has a P.P.E. battery built into the armor in the form of emerald crystals. This magical energy cannot be used by the wearer to cast spells but can be used to power enchantments in the armor. The armor stores 20 P.P.E. for every crystal built into the armor with twenty-five total (500 P.P.E.) Magical energy regenerates at the rate 2 P.P.E. per hour normally or 10 per hour on a Ley Line. Spell casters can also feed P.P.E. into the crystals. Enchantments can be activated by non-spell casters.
- Invincible Armor: Enchantment costs 30 P.P.E. (Normally comes from P.P.E. Battery) to activate. Duration is 24 minutes per activation. The wearer is protected by a 200 M.D.C. force field which regenerates 1D6 M.D.C. per melee. All energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the force field. When knocked down, no additional damage beyond which destroyed the shield will be transferred to the body armor. See Spell for further details.
- Invisibility Superiority: Optional Enchantment. Enchantment costs 20 P.P.E. (Normally comes from P.P.E. Battery) to activate. Duration is 24 minutes per activation. Makes the wearer of the armor invisible to all means of detection. Infrared, ultraviolet, heat, motion detectors, and even an animal's sense of smell, can not locate the invisible person. No footprints are made, and little sound (Prowl 84%). The magic is broken only if the character makes a hostile move, engages in combat/attacks. At that instant, he becomes completely visible.
- Protection: Armor gives a bonus of +1 to save against magic and psychic attacks and a bonus of +2 to save vs Horror Factor. Enchantment cannot be combined with the spell of "Amulet" to increase bonuses further.
- See The Invisible: Always active. Same as spell and used at will. 200 feet (61 meters) range. Can see forces, objects, and creatures which can turn invisible, or are invisible. Can also see vaporous beings and astral bodies.
Has all the standard sensors of Three Galaxies power armors plus the following special systems.
- Special Sensors and Optics: The helmet is equipped with full optical systems, including laser targeting, telescopic, passive night vision (light amplification), thermo-imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization. Plus all other features common to all power armor.
- Sensor Bonuses: + 1 to strike is applicable to long-range weapon combat only. Hand to hand: + 1 to parry and dodge, automatically + 2 to dodge while traveling by means of power jumps. See Power Armor Combat Training in the Robot Combat section for other bonuses.
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2008, Kitsune. All rights reserved.