Wolfen Lictor class Heavy Cruiser:
Like the Human Alliance, the Wolfen constructed their own cruiser designs before becoming a member of the Consortium of Civilized Worlds. One of the most well known Wolfen cruiser class is the Lictor class heavy cruiser. The Lictor is named after the Wolfen standard bearers and bodyguards of their officials. Even at the present time, these ships are very capable and form the backbone of their combatant vessels with the Legatus class battlecruiser. These ships have severed in virtually every engagement if the history.
The ships have both a heavy missile and heavy energy weapon armament. The main weaponry is two heavy laser mounts which are backed up by eight particle beam cannons equal to those carried on the Hunter class Destroyer but are mounted in full turrets. Instead of having the large capacity cruise battery missile that is carried on most Human Alliance and Consortium Armed Forces cruiser designs, this ship carries the rapid firing launchers that are on the Hunter. Recently, the cruise missile launchers' software has been upgraded to allow large volley launching by delaying part of the volley. The ship carries eight medium range missile launchers for long range anti-missile defense. The ship carries a short point defense array that is quite capable and includes eight point defense rail guns and eight point defense laser mounts.
These ships have lighter force fields than Human Alliance vessels that are constructed around the same time but have more powerful engines which allow the ships to operate better with newer vessels than many of the older Human Alliance ships.
There has been a lot of discussion about upgrading these ships. These upgrades would include replacing the particle beams with the particle beams carried on New Coventry version of the Hunter class destroyer. Another upgrade discussed is the replacement of the eight individual single fire cruise missile launchers with two large capacity cruise missile batteries like those carried on the Warshield class cruiser. Much of the problem with the cruise missile batteries has been solved with the use of new software and this is not a high priority. As well, long range missile batteries would probably replace some of the medium range missile batteries to give the ship a better long range defensive weaponry. Point defense weaponry would likely be improved with more powerful rail guns and variable focus particle beams replacing point defense lasers. Finally, shields would likely be upgraded to modern standards.
These ships require slightly larger crews than Human Alliance vessels that were constructed at around the same time as well as more modern vessels. These ships carry a reasonably large compliment of marines. The Lictor class cruisers were fitted so that they would be able to act as flagships. These ships carry a full squadron of light fighters and a light squadron of medium fighters. While these ships carried ground assault power armors when first build, these have been replaced by silverhawk power armors because the power armors are more effective in space combat.
This starship design uses modified starship speed and ranges. See Revised Starship Rules for Phase World for more details.
Model Type: CCA-200-B
Class: Heavy Cruiser
Crew: 466 crew members (42 officers and 424 enlisted).
Troop Capacity: 140 marines, 36 fighter pilots, and 20 silver hawk pilots
Vehicles: These listings are for modern compliments and assume
Wolfen Equipment being used in most cases. Old compliments were similar
in number but were of earlier designs. As well, due to a shortage on newer
Wolfen vehicles, new CAF or other designs are often carried in place of
Power Armors & Robots:
|20||Silver Hawk Power Armors|
|12||Falx Supina Light Starfighters|
|8||Gladius Medium Starfighters (Old or New)|
M.D.C. by Location:
|20 cm Main Laser Cannons (2):||1,200 each|
|Heavy Particle Beam Cannons (8):||650 each|
|Electromagnetic Point Defense Rail Gun Turrets (8):||400 each|
|Point Defense Laser Turrets (8):||300 each|
|Cruise Missile Launchers (8):||1,000 each|
|Medium Range Missile Batteries (8):||450 each|
|Outer Hull (40 ft/ 12.2 m Area):||150|
|Inner Hull (40 ft/ 12.2 m Area):||100|
| Auxiliary Bridge:||10,000|
| Main Engines (2):||15,000 each|
| Main Body:||45,000|
| Variable Force Field:||3,000 a side (18,000 Total)|
 In reality this is how much damage needs to be done for a weapon to hit the bridge through the ship’s armor. This ship also has an auxiliary bridge. Even if both bridges are taken out, the ship can still be piloted from engineering but the ship is -3 to dodge and all weapon systems will be at local control. Weapon hits near the bridge that do not penetrate the ships integrity can injure crew members on or near the bridge.
 Destroying the main engines means that the ship FTL systems are destroyed and maximum sublight speed is reduced by half.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will put the cruiser out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
 Shields positions can be varied and all could be combined in one shield. Shields regenerate at the rate of 5% (900 M.D.C.) per melee round.
Driving on the Ground: Not Possible.
Sublight: Has a special sublight engine that allows the ship to travel up to 60 percent of the speed of light. Star Ship can accelerate/decelerate at the rate of 0.85 percent of light per melee.
Atmospheric Propulsion: Maximum speed is 400 mph (644 kph), can enter an atmosphere and can leave but is not designed for atmospheric flight
Stardrive: Uses a Gravitonic Drive system that allows the ship to reach a maximum of 4.5 light-years per hour.
Maximum Range: Effectively Unlimited by either Drive system. Carries about one year worth of supplies on board, but can be stretched to two in an emergency.
Length: 812 feet (247.5 meters)
Height: 255 feet (77.7 meters)
Width: 445 feet (135.6 meters)
Weight/Mass: 234,000 Tons (212,000 tons)
Power System: Anti-matter; average energy life of 50 years. The ship normally only goes 10 years between refueling and refitting.
Cargo: Cargo holds are scattered about the ship that allows for carrying up to 6,000 tons of cargo in addition to the standard compliment of supplies and ammunition. Each enlisted crew member has a small locker for personal items and uniforms. ship’s officers have more space for personal items. Most of the ship’s spaces are taken up by extra ammunition, armor, troops, weapons, engine, and other equipment.
Market Cost: Production cost of 2.3 billion credits (not counting other vehicles). The ship is no longer manufactured and is not available outside of the Consortium Armed Forces and Wolfen Planets Military Forces.
- Two (2) 20 cm Heavy Laser Cannons: These cannons are used to engage any large ships that come into range and used for orbital bombardment. The Laser cannons can be combined together or each one used separately. The weapon system cannot be used to engage targets while traveling at faster than light velocities. The weapons have standard penalties to hit fighters and small targets for a large gun.
- Eight (8) Heavy Particle Beam Cannons: The particle beams are the same version of the particle beams that are on a standard Hunter with the same range and same beam output. They are mounted in turrets which allow the guns to move more freely. There is discussion of replacing the cannons with the faster firing versions carried on the Hunters in New Coventry service or something similar. The weapon system cannot be used to engage targets while traveling at faster than light velocities.
- Eight (8) Electromagnetic Point Defense Rail Guns: Unlike most of the rail guns used on Phase World Starships, these are standard electromagnetic rail guns. They are used as an anti-Starfighter and missile weapon and against targets that are impervious to energy. Each Rail Gun is in a turret that can rotate 360 and has a 180 arc of fire. Projectiles are fired from rail guns at close to the speed of light. The cannons uses a 14.5 mm depleted uranium projectiles. The weapon system cannot be used to engage targets while traveling at faster than light velocities.
- Eight (8) Point Defense Lasers in Ball Turrets: This system is unaltered when compared to a standard Hunter class destroyer. This is the star ship’s primary anti-starfighter, anti-robot, and anti-missile defense system. Each laser is in a turret that can rotate 360 and has a 180 arc of fire. The weapon system cannot be used to engage targets while traveling at faster than light velocities.
- Eight (8) Cruise Missile Launchers: Missiles have a top speed of Mach 25 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 10% of light per turn (far faster than any starship.) Whether weapons can be shot down is calculated from the speed of target, launcher, and missile. When drive goes dead, missile will continue to travel in a straight line unless set to self destruct but has very low odds of hitting star ships (Great for hitting bases and planets because target does not move and missile when dead at -25% to detect.) Cruise missiles have minuses to hit small targets but are all considered smart missiles. While missiles are only launched at the rate of one at a time per launcher, the ship’s computer has special software that allows all the missiles to hit a target at the same time for the purpose to make point defense of a target is more easily overwhelmed. This is done by slowing down the acceleration of missiles and by setting some for delayed activation and target must be at least 30 seconds away. Missiles are then considered to only have an acceleration of 5% of light for the first turn.
- Eight (8) Medium Range Missile Batteries: Weapon system is used for hitting enemy robots, fighters, and against incoming cruise missiles. Like other Phase world systems, weapon system range and speed has been greatly increased compared to Rifts Earth systems. Missile has a top speed of Mach 15 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 6% of light per turn. Batteries can launch on multiple targets each at the same time.
Mega-Damage: 1D4x1,000 per single blast or 2D4x1,000 per double blast.
Rate of Fire: Two double blasts or two single blasts each (4 total per battery).
Maximum Effective Range: 100,000 miles ( 160,000 km) in space., or 100 miles (160 km) in an atmosphere.
Payload: Effectively unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: 10,000 miles (16,000 km) in space and 20 miles (32 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega-Damage: 2D4x100 M.D. each (4D4x100 maximum for two firing together.)
Rate of Fire: Each one can be fired up to one time in a melee.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Maximum Effective Range: 16 miles (26 km) through atmosphere and 800 miles (1,290 km) in space.
Mega-Damage: Rail guns inflict 3D6x10 M.D.C. for an 80 round burst.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: 16,000 Rounds (200 Bursts) each cannon.
Maximum Effective Range: 200 miles (320 km) in space and has a range of 4 miles (6.4 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega Damage: 2D6x10 M.D.C. each.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: Cruise Missile range is 8,000 miles (12,875 km) in an atmosphere and 4,000,000 miles (6,437,376 km/ 21.5 light seconds) in space.
Mega-Damage & Properties: See revised Phase World missile tables for details (Anti-Matter multi-warheads inflict 5D6x100 M.D.C. each.)
Rate of Fire:One cruise missile per melee attack (special software allows 4 to 8 missile to be launched as one volley depending on gunners hand to hand attacks) per launcher. This allows total volleys of 32 to 64 cruise missiles to be launched in one melee
Payload: 100 cruise missiles each for 800 total.
Mega-Damage: Varies with medium range missile type (See revised Phase World missile tables for details.)
Maximum Effective Range: Medium Range Missile range is 160 miles (257.5 km) in an atmosphere and 80,000 miles (128,750 km/0.43 light seconds) in space.
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of 2, 4, or 8 medium range missiles per battery.
Payload: 240 per launcher for a total of 1,920 medium range missiles.
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Image drawn and copyrighted by "MK01".
More "MK01" artwork at DeviantArt
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2000 & 2010, Kitsune. All rights reserved.