Xanadu Station "Bretagne" class Modified UN SPACY Macross Cannon:
The Xanadu colony task force had two Macross Cannons as escort and since then, Xanadu Station has constructed an addition Macross cannon. While the ships are changed little cosmetically, they have been heavily modified and are far more effective in many ways. They are still meant more for close combat than long range missile duels. One reason it took so long to build an additional unit was that it took several years to refit the already existing Macross cannons. The vessels can still transform as they could originally. Because of their importance to system defense, these ships rarely leave system and at most one vessel will be detached from Xanadu System.
The main guns of the ship were left completely intact but the missile launchers were upgraded and point defense weaponry was added to the vessels. The eight original long range missile launchers are replaced by four long range missile launchers and two cruise missile launchers identical to those carried on the Consortium Navy Warshield and Protector classes of warships. The four medium range missile launchers are replaced by identical launchers to those carried on Wolfen Hunter class Destroyers although they carry a larger payload. The new missile launchers are far greater ranged but except for the cruise missile launchers, the weapons are meant for ship defense. For inner point defense, the ship carries twelve point defense particle beams, twelve point defense rail guns, and twelve mini-missile launchers. These weapon systems are all Consortium designs as well.
In addition to weapon systems, the ship has been upgrade in propulsion, protection, and computers. The computer systems are far more powerful than those that they replace. The ship’s armor has been virtually completely replaced with Phase World material and the ships can take far more abuse than they could originally. In addition, the ships have variable shields. All combined, these ships can take far more damage than the first two could when they were first constructed. Propulsion has been radically improved, the thrusters have been replaced by contra grav drives. The ships' performance in normal space is greatly improved and the ships now can travel via contra grav FTL drives. Previously, the ships were dependent on another ship with Jump Drives. Although the FTL drives on this ship are far slower than those of a Jump Drive, they make the ship far more independent. Because of the extra power needed by the addition systems, the ships were converted to anti-matter engines. The solar backup system was retained to run life support if the ship is damaged.
Some sources incorrectly list the crew of a Macross Cannon, as only being 96. This is incorrect and the ships require about 480 crew members although they can be operated at full capacity by a crew of only 96 for short periods of time. The ships do boast impressive automation. The new systems added to the modified Macross Cannon increase crew requirement by forty crew members for a total of 520 crew. In addition, the ships carry a number of fighter pilots and defense troops onboard. All ground Mecha have been stripped out and all embarked craft are either Valkyrie or conventional fighters. The ships normally operate sixteen Silverhawk Power Armors which are crewed by marines. In addition to crew and troops, the vessel has a flag bridge and can operate as a command ship.
Ship design uses modified starship speeds and weapon ranges. See Revised Starship Rules for Phase World for more details.
Vehicle Type: MC-III-B
Class: Macross Space Battleship (transformable)
Crew: 520 (65 Officers, 455 enlisted)
Troops: 48 Marines (including 16 in Silverhawk Power Armor), 90 fighter pilots, and 36 additional passengers.
Vehicle, Robots, and Power Armors:
|16||SH-CCW100 Silverhawk Attack ExoSkeleton|
|3||SF-101LR Black Eagle medium fighter|
|3||BIF-67 Katana fighter ship|
|24||Improved VF-2SS Valkyrie|
|8||Improved VF-2SS SAP Valkyrie|
|8||Improved VF-2SS SAP Specials Valkyrie|
|12||Improved VF-XX Zentran Valkyrie|
M.D.C. by Location:
|Observation Bubble (1, bridge)||2000|
|Communications Antennas (3, bridge)||400 each|
| Bridge Tower (1, top)||10,000|
| Secondary Bridge:||10,000|
| Leg Thrusters (2)||40,000 each|
|Small Guidance Thrusters (36)||400 each|
|Main Cannons (2, large arms)||20,000 each|
|Secondary Cannons (2, smaller arms)||10,000 each|
|Point Defense Gravity Rail Guns (12):||200 each|
|Point Defense Particle Beam Cannons (12):||150 each|
|Cruise Missile Batteries (2):||1,000 each|
|Long Range Missile Batteries (4):||600 each|
|Medium Range Missile Batteries (4):||500 each|
|Mini Missile Launchers (12):||100 each|
|Outer Hull (40 ft/ 12.2 m Area):||200|
|Inner Hull (40 ft/ 12.2 m Area):||125|
| Main Body||100,000|
| Variable Force Field:||10,000 a side (60,000 Total)|
 The main bridge is exposed but is protected by heavy armor. The secondary bridge is deep within the ship and the ship’s main armor must be penetrated (reflected by the high M.D.C. value). The secondary bridge normally acts as the flag bridge when the ship is acting as a Flagship. Even if both bridges are destroyed, the ship can still be piloted from engineering but the ship is -3 to dodge and all weapon systems will be at local control. Weapon hits near the bridge that do not penetrate the ships integrity can injure crew members on or near the bridge.
 Destroying the main engines means that the ship’s FTL propulsion systems are destroyed and maximum sublight speed is reduced by half.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will put the cruiser out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
 Shields positions can be varied and all could be combined in one shield. Shields regenerate at the rate of 5% (1800 M.D.C.) per melee rounds.
Driving on the Ground: Not Possible.
Sublight: Has a special sublight engine that allows the ship to travel up to 60 percent of the speed of light. Star Ship can accelerate/decelerate at the rate of 0.8 percent of light per melee.
Atmospheric Propulsion: With the addition of contra grav flight, the Bretagne class Macross Cannon can land on a planet if absolutely necessary, but is not designed to maneuver in an atmosphere with a maximum speed is 300 mph (480 kph).
Stardrive: Uses a Gravitonic Drive system that allows the ship to reach a maximum of 4.5 light years per hour.
Maximum Range: Effectively Unlimited by either Drive system. Carries about three years worth of supplies on board.
Length: Prone Position: 1600 feet (488 m), Soldier Combat Position: 800 feet (245 m)
Height: Prone Position: 285.8 feet (87.1 m)
Width: Prone Position: 709 feet (216.1 m)
Weight: 8,568,000 tons (7,773,000 metric tons)
Cargo: Can carry up to 20,000 tons total extra material between the various cargo holds. Each enlisted crew member has a small locker for personal items and uniforms. ship’s officers have more space for personal items. Most of the ship’s spaces are taken up by extra ammo, armor, troops, weapons, engine, reaction mass, and equipment.
Power System: Anti-Matter with a 50 year life span. The ship normally only goes 10 years between refueling and refitting. Has a solar emergency backup (indefinite life - Can only power life support and basic systems).
Market Cost: Never been sold, The ships would probably cost 10 Billion credits to build due to special Macross Technology.
- The Main Disintegration Cannons (2): The two largest cannons are located in the forward section of the vessel when in the prone position or as the top arm-like appendages in the soldier configuration. The cannons can fire in either position. The advantage of the soldier configuration is that the secondary cannons are not fixed forward and can be aimed in a variety of directions/positions like a human arm. This mobility of the secondary cannon arms also provides greater protection for the main guns.
- Secondary Beam Cannons (2): Unlike the beam guns, the two smaller arms can fire a powerful anti-spaceship energy beam several times a melee round (15 seconds). These cannons, the missiles and the assault mecha on board are used to fight the enemy and to protect the big cannons while they are recharging.
- Twelve (12) Point Defense Rail Guns: Used as an anti-Starfighter and missile weapon and against targets that are impervious to energy. Each Rail Gun is in a turret that can rotate 360 and has a 180 arc of fire. Projectiles are fired from rail guns at a significant fraction of the speed of light. Cannon uses a 20 mm projectile. The weapon system cannot be used to engage targets while traveling at faster than light velocities.
- Twelve (12) 25 mm Point Defense Particle Beams: These weapons are used for anti-missile, anti-power armor, and anti-star fighter defense. The weapon system cannot be used to engage targets while traveling at faster than light velocities.
- Two (2) Cruise Missile Batteries: Missiles have a top speed of Mach 25 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 10% of light per turn (far faster than any starship.) Whether weapons can be shot down is calculated from the speed of target, launching starship, and missile. When drive goes dead, missiles will continue to travel in a straight line unless preset to self destruct or receives a destruct code but has very low odds of hitting star ships (Great for hitting bases and planets because target does not move and missiles when dead are at -25% to detect.) See modified starship rules for more details - Cruise missiles have standard penalties hit small targets but are all considered smart missiles. These batteries are standard CAF batteries. Batteries can launch on multiple targets each at the same time.
- Four (4) Long Range Missile Batteries: Missiles have a top speed of Mach 20 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 8% of light per turn (faster than any starship.) Whether weapons can be shot down is calculated from the speed of target, launcher, and missile. When drive goes dead, missiles will continue to travel in a straight line unless set to self destruct but has very low odds of hitting star ships (Great for hitting bases and planets because target does not move and missiles when dead are at -25% to detect.) Long range missiles do not have minuses to hit small targets unlike cruise missiles and are all considered smart missiles. Batteries can launch on multiple targets each at the same time.
- Four (4) Medium Range Missile Batteries: Weapon system is used for hitting enemy robots, fighters, and against incoming cruise missiles. Like other Phase world systems, weapon system range and speed has been greatly increased compared to Rifts Earth systems. Missiles have a top speed of Mach 15 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 6% of light per turn. Batteries can launch on multiple targets each at the same time.
- Twelve (12) Mini-Missile Launchers: These are missile turrets used for point defense against enemy fighters and missiles. Missile has a top speed of Mach 10 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 2% of light per turn (slightly faster than any starship except if it is exceeding it maximum safe acceleration.) Batteries can launch on multiple targets each at the same time.
Although there are two main cannon appendages, both are needed to fire the deadly beam. Energy is generated between the two appendages for 10 seconds before the all-destroying blast is unleashed. This weapon generates a beam 20,000 miles long and 1 mile wide. It takes 10 seconds to charge to fire each blast and then takes 4 melees (60 seconds) to recharge before it can be fired again. If one cannon is destroyed, the disintegration beam cannot be fired but remaining cannon can fire blast similar to secondary beam cannons five times per melee. If one cannon is destroyed, disintegrator beam cannot be fired but the remaining cannon can fire still fire powerful blasts. The ship may also fire the powerful rapid fire bursts if desired but will prevent recharging for heavy disintegration beams (Range of this has also been increased). The weapon system cannot be used to engage targets while traveling at faster than light velocities.
Maximum Effective Range: Disintegrate Mode: 20,000 miles (32,000 km) in the atmosphere, range is doubled in space (40,000 miles/64,000 km). Rapid Fire Mode: 32,000 miles (50,000 km) in space and 32 miles (50 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega-Damage: Disintegrate Mode: Normally destroys all targets within beam. Weapon inflicts 1D4x1,000,000 M.D.C. to huge target that are unable to be destroyed by one shot and will create a crater a planet that is 1D6x100 feet deep and eight times as wide. Rapid Fire Mode: 1D6x1000 (2D6x1000 for both cannons combined)
Rate of Fire:Disintegrate Mode: Once every minute or four melees. Rapid Fire Mode: Each cannon can fire five (5) times per melee for a total of 10 times per melee round (Cannot recharge for disintegrate mode when in this mode.
Payload: Both Modes: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: 32,000 miles (50,000 km) in space and 32 miles (50 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega-Damage: 1D6x1000 or 2D6x1000 if both arms fire simultaneously at the same target.
Rate of Fire: Effectively 10 attacks per melee. Each secondary cannon-arm can shoot five times per melee round (15 seconds) and can be directed at different target areas.
Payload: Effectively unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: 2 miles (3.2 km) through atmosphere and 200 miles (320 km) in space.
Mega-Damage: Rail guns inflict 2D4x10 M.D.C. for a 20 round burst.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: 10,000 Rounds (500 Bursts) each cannon.
Maximum Effective Range: 600 miles (960 km) in space and range is 6 miles (9.6 km) in atmosphere.
Mega Damage: 3D6x10 M.D.C. each.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: Cruise Missile range is 8,000 miles (12,875 km) in an atmosphere and 4,000,000 miles (6,437,376 km/ 21.5 light seconds) in space.
Mega-Damage & Properties: See revised Phase World missile tables for details (Anti-Matter multi-warheads inflict 5D6x100 M.D.C. each.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two (2), eight (8), sixteen (16), or thirty-two (32) missiles per launcher, per melee round, for a maximum of 64 missiles per melee. Launchers are reloaded on the same melee and can be fired again on the next.
Payload: 64 total, 32 cruise missiles per battery. Ship has 10 reload of missiles (640 cruise missile reloads total.)
Maximum Effective Range: Long Range Missile range is 3,400 miles (5,470 km) in an atmosphere and 1,800,000 miles (2,897,000 km/9.7 light seconds) in space.
Mega-Damage & Properties: See revised Phase World missile tables for details (Fusion warheads inflict 2D4x100 M.D.C. each.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two (2), eight (8), sixteen (16), or thirty-two (32) missiles per launcher, per melee attack.
Payload: 1280 total, 320 long range missiles per battery.
Maximum Effective Range: Medium Range Missile range is 160 miles (257.5 km) in an atmosphere and 80,000 miles (128,750 km/0.43 light seconds) in space.
Mega-Damage: Varies with medium range missile type (See revised Phase World missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two (2), four (4), or eight (8) missiles per battery.
Payload: 320 per launcher for a total of 1280 medium range missiles.
Maximum Effective Range: Mini-Missile range is 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere and 100 miles (161 km) in space.
Mega-Damage: Varies with mini-missile type (See revised Phase World missile tables for details.)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of four (4) or eight (8) missiles.
Payload: 128 per launcher for a total of 1,536 mini-missiles. Cargo hold has an additional 1,536 mini-missile. Reloading launchers from cargo hold takes 1D6 minutes.
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2001, Kitsune. All rights reserved.