Modified Hunter class Destroyer "Zena Licica" (Lady Fox):
The name "Zena Licica" is Russian for Lady Fox and is one of many Hunter class destroyers which is in private hands. She has never served in either the Wolfen Navy or for the Consortium of Civilized Worlds. In fact, she was built by an independent government outside of Consortium space and is actually a copy of the standard Hunter and has many internal differences compared to a Hunter which was built originally for the Wolfen Navy. She is about eighty years old and is actually fairly new as far as Hunter class destroyers go.
Even though still almost new, she was put up as surplus when she was only about twenty years old. Her first private role was working as a privateer with the government who built her. Since then, the destroyer has found herself with a variety of different names and her way through a variety of hands including some which were highly questionable. She was stopped several times for smuggling and was finally seized for piracy. The Captain had a letter of privateering but the Consortium Navy officer who seized her was not impressed.
The ship was put up for auction and was picked up by an ex-Consortium starship captain named Marcus Renard. He had been the captain of the Aurora, a Warshield class cruiser, and has an extremely impressive record for a peace time serving officer. The Captain was asked to resign after he went on a private mission with the cruiser her commanded. The crew of the vessel had assisted him and the offer of resignation allowed both him and his crew to avoid being court marshaled. It also avoided an extremely messy and public trial. While he would likely have lost in any military Court Marshal, the Navy would have lost in the court of public opinion.
While forced out of the Consortium Navy, he still had several friends in high places and was able to get the captured destroyer completely intact. Several of his old crew elected to come with him when he was forced out and filled many of the roles needed onboard the "Zena Licica." Soon after acquiring the "Zena Licica", he had the destroyer refitted in a manner he had long recommended to the Consortium and some private ships had already been upgraded in the same manner.
The main upgraded was replacing her point defense lasers and rail guns replaced with variable focus particle beams and more powerful gravity rail guns. The variable focus particle beam design comes from the Consortium Assault Shuttle and are extremely effective against missiles. The gravity rail guns are the same as those mounted on the Scorpion class light fighter and are extremely powerful. The computers were upgraded as much as possible including a software upgrade to the cruise missile launchers to allow heavy missile volleys to be fired. Like most vessels operated outside of the major militaries, the "Zena Licica" does not usually carry any anti-matter or x-ray laser warheads. Instead, she carries most fusion multi-warheads and decoy missiles. The heavy particle beams and medium range missile launchers have not be altered.
There were other small changes. This included the addition of a Phase Gate device to enable the ship to instantly jump to center where the ship often operates out of. As well, Techno-Wizard enchantments were added to the destroyer along with a small P.P.E. battery. For fighters, he initially carried four older Osprey class fighters but later upgraded to Bushido Industries Katana class starfighters with faster than light boosters for all four fighters. The marine compliment of ten are all in K-Universal Power Armors which have been modified with Naruni force fields.
Since being acquired by the ex-Consortium captain, the ship has served in a variety of roles. His contacts with the Consortium military has helped in many cases. Some of his more conventional missions have been to carry high value cargo and act as an escort for merchant convoys. She has also been on missions which are not above board. These missions generally payed extremely well. These included going after pirates who had ties to governments which if exposed might lead to war. As well, the ship has been used for secret spying missions and support unofficial military operations.
Ship design uses modified starship speeds and weapon ranges. See Revised Starship Rules for Phase World for more details.
Model Type: HF-75B
Vehicle Type: Frigate Combat Ship.
Troops: 10 Marines and 10 fighter pilots.
Vehicle, Robots, and Power Armors:
|10||Kittani K-Universal Power Armors (With N-50A Naruni Force Fields)|
|4||BIF-67 Katana Starfighters with FTL Boosters|
M.D.C. By Location:
|Heavy Particle Beam Cannon (Front, built into hull):||800|
|Heavy Particle Beam Cannons (2, built into sides):||650 each|
|GR-1000 Rail Gun Turrets (4):||400 each|
|Variable Focus Point Defense Particle Beam Cannons (4):||300 each|
|Cruise Missile Launcher (1, underside):||1,000|
|Medium Range Missile Batteries (2, Top and Underside):||450 each|
| Main Body:||4,500|
| Variable Force Field:||1,000 a side (6,000 Total)|
 In reality this is how much damage needs to be done for a weapon to hit the bridge through the ship’s armor. This ship does not have an auxiliary bridge. Even if the bridge is destroyed, the ship can still be piloted from engineering but the ship is -3 to dodge and all weapon systems will be at local control. Weapons hit near the bridge that does not penetrate the ships integrity can injure crew members on or near the bridge.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will put the destroyer out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
 Shields positions can be varied and all could be combined in one shield. Shields regenerate at the rate of 5% (300 M.D.C.) per melee.
Driving on the Ground: Not Possible.
Sublight: Has a special sublight engine that allows the ship to travel up to 60 percent of the speed of light. Star Ship can accelerate/decelerate at the rate of 0.95 percent of light per melee.
Atmospheric Propulsion: Maximum cruise speed is Mach 1 (741.5 mph / 1,193.3 kph), can enter an atmosphere and can leave but is not designed for atmospheric flight.
Stardrive: Uses a Gravitonic Drive system that allows the ship to reach a maximum of 4.5 light-years per hour.
Maximum Range: Effectively Unlimited by either Drive system. Carries about one year worth of supplies on board.
Length: 300 feet (91.4 meters)
Height: 70 feet (21.3 meters)
Width: 80 feet (24.4 meters)
Weight / Mass: 6,000 tons (5443 metric tons)
Power System: Anti-Matter with a 50 year life span. The ship normally only goes 10 years between refueling and refitting. The destroyer also has a P.P.E. generator that produces 200 P.P.E. per hour. and can hold up to 1,600 P.P.E. in storage. This P.P.E. can be used to power spells cast by the fighters crew.
Cargo: Small cargo hold that can carry up to 500 tons of cargo not including a standard compliment of supplies and ammunition. Hold is 20 x 20 x 40 feet in dimensions (6.1 x 12.2 x 12.2 meters). Each enlisted crew member has a small locker for personal items and uniforms. ship’s officers have more space for personal items. Most of the ship’s spaces are taken up by extra ammunition, armor, troops, weapons, engine, and other equipment.
Market Cost: 375 million for a rebuilt Hunter with new weapon systems as per the Zena Licica.
- Three (3) Heavy Particle Beam Cannons: The mounts are identical to those carried in a standard Hunter class destroyer and are extremely effective. They can often devastate another destroyer in just a few shots and usually all three are concentrated on a single target. The weapons have good range although not useful against fighters and has standard penalties to hit small targets. One cannon is in the nose and the other two are on the sides mostly in the hull and are extremely well protected. The weapon system cannot be used to engage targets while traveling at faster than light velocities.
- Four (4) GR-1000 Large Gravity Rail Gun Turrets: The GR-1000 Rail Gun both is more powerful and has more range than the original conventional rail guns. This greatly increases their effectiveness. Even so, the mounts are not really for use against capital ships but can devastate a fighter quickly. The mounts are still useful against incoming missiles and against opponents who are impervious to energy. Each Gravity Rail Gun is in a Turret that can rotate 360 and has a 180 arc of fire. Projectiles are fired from rail guns at a significant fraction of the speed of light. The weapon system cannot be used to engage targets while traveling at faster than light velocities. The gravity rail guns uses a 30 mm projectile.
- Four (4) Variable Focus Particle Beam Mounts: Replace the point defense lasers and have greater range and inflict more damage be shot. These particle beams are copied from those carried on the CAF Assault Shuttle and will fire a very powerful narrow beam and can fire a scatter effect that is less powerful but is capable of striking multiple targets. The weapon system is quite useful against missiles although the cone is not as wide as Tachyon cannon sprays are (Gives +2 bonus vs fast moving targets such as missiles.) Weapons are mounted in turrets that can rotate 360 and have a 180 arc of fire. Each mount can be operated by a gunner or a gunner program (+2 to strike, 3 Attacks per melee).
- One (1) Cruise Missile Launchers: Missiles have a top speed of Mach 25 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 10% of light per turn (far faster than any starship.) Whether weapons can be shot down is calculated from the speed of target, launcher, and missile. When drive goes dead, missiles will continue to travel in a straight line unless set to self destruct but has very low odds of hitting star ships (Great for hitting bases and planets because the target does not move and missile when dead at -25% to detect.) Cruise missiles have minuses to hit small targets but are all considered smart missiles. While missiles are only launched at the rate of one at a time, the ship’s computer has special software that allows all the missiles to hit a target at the same time for the purpose to make point defense of a target is more easily overwhelmed. This is done by slowing down the acceleration of missiles and by setting some for delayed activation and target must be at least 30 seconds away. Missiles are then considered to only have an acceleration of 5% of light for the first turn. These launchers can also be combined with pepper box launchers.
- Two (2) Medium Range Missile Batteries: Weapon system is used for hitting enemy robots, fighters, and against incoming cruise missiles. Like other Phase world systems, weapon system range and speed has been greatly increased compared to Rifts Earth systems. Missiles have a top speed of Mach 15 in an atmosphere and in space has an acceleration of 6% of light per turn. Batteries can launch on multiple targets each at the same time.
- Techno-Wizard Modifications: The ship has had two Techno-wizard Vehicle Modifications added to the ship.
Maximum Effective Range: 10,000 miles (16,000 km) in space and 20 miles (32 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega-Damage: 2D4x100 M.D. each (6D4x100 Maximum for all three)
Rate of Fire: Each one can be fired up to one time in a melee.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Maximum Effective Range: 16 miles (26 km) through atmosphere and 1,600 miles (2,575 km) in space.
Mega-Damage: Rail gun inflicts 4D6x10 M.D.C. for a 40 round burst.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: 10,000 Rounds (250 Bursts) each cannon.
Maximum Effective Range: 300 miles (480 km) in space and 3 miles (4.8 km) in an atmosphere.
Mega Damage: Single Target: 4D6x10 per blast. Wide Beam: 5D6 to all targets within a 5,000 foot (1,524 meter) diameter area. When fired as a wide beam, the cannon cannot be used on targets closer than 5,000 feet (1,524 meters) away.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the combined hand to hand attacks of the gunner (usually 4 or 5).
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Maximum Effective Range: Cruise Missile range is 8,000 miles (12,875 km) in an atmosphere and 4,000,000 miles (6,437,376 km/ 21.5 light seconds)
Mega-Damage & Properties: See revised Phase World missile tables for details (Fusion Multi-Warhead inflict 3D6x100 M.D.C. each / extra-heavy gravity warheads inflict 4D4x100 each.)
Rate of Fire:One cruise missile per melee attack (special software allows 4 to 8 missiles to be launched as one volley depending on gunners hand to hand attacks).
Payload: 50 cruise missiles total (30 Fusion Multi-Warhead, 15 Extra-Heavy Gravity Warheads, and 5 Decoys are normally carried)
Maximum Effective Range: Medium Range Missile range is 160 miles (257.5 km) in an atmosphere and 80,000 miles (128,750 km/0.43 light seconds)
Mega-Damage: Varies with medium range missile type - See revised Phase World missile tables for details (multi-warhead heavy inflict 5D6x10 each)
Rate of Fire: Can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of two (2), four (4), or eight (8) missiles per battery.
Payload: 160 per launcher for a total of 320 medium range missiles.
- Impervious to Energy (10th level) 80 P.P.E. or 160 I.S.P.
Invisibility Superior (10th level) 80 P.P.E. or 160 I.S.P.
[ Brodkil TM, Bushido Industries TM, CAF TM, Catyr TM, CCW TM, Consortium of Civilized Worlds TM, Free Worlds Council TM, Gene Splicers TM, K-Hex TM, Kittani TM, Kreeghor TM, Machine People TM, M.D.C. TM, Mega-Damage TM, M’Kri Hardware TM, Monro TM, Mutants in Orbit TM, Naruni Enterprises TM, Noro TM, Paradise Federation TM, Phase World TM, Rifter TM, SAMAS TM, S.D.C. TM, Seljuks TM, Splugorth TM, Trans-Galactic Empire TM, Tri-Galactic Military Service TM, United Worlds Warlock TM, U.W.W. TM, Wolfen TM, and Zembahk TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2006, Kitsune. All rights reserved.