EBSIS Kuznetzov class Large Rocket Cruiser:
Few people believe that the EBSIS naval forces are as powerful as they are but the reality is that they are quite dangerous. The Kuznetzov is the fifth ship of the Kirov class of rocket cruisers. They are the largest missile cruisers constructed and due to their great size, sometimes the class are considered missile battlecruisers. With the exception of the Iowa class battleships, they were the largest non aviation ships in service in the years prior to the Global war. The ships are designed to operate as either independent surface unites or as carrier escorts. The Kuznetzov was originally due to be commissioned around 1995 but was delayed due to the global war. In fact, the ship was almost scrapped for other war uses. In the end though, the delays were in many ways to the advantage of the EBSIS and they were able to incorporate high strength ceramics into the design. The ship was finally commissioned in March of 2005. The remaining ships of the class are planned to eventually be upgraded but at the present time the EBSIS lacks funds to upgrade the ship.
Like all Kirov class cruisers, the Kuznetzov has very unusual features. The propulsion is a combination of nuclear and conventional steam propulsion. The ship has two KN-3 PWR 300 MW nuclear reactors (fission not fusion rectors) that can propel the ship up to a speed of 24 knots. The conventional steam plants can propel the ship up to 17 knots by themselves or up to 32 knots when combined with the nuclear reactors. The ship is incredibly well armed and has multiple anti-missile defense system. The missile launchers have been converted to fire missiles that are copies of designs stolen for the RDF.
The Kuznetzov, like all Kirov class cruisers has very luxurious quarters for the officers. The ship is designed to be able to act as a flagship. The ship has space for three helicopters in a hanger under the deck of the ship. The ship can also carry and additional two helicopters on the deck of the helicopter pad. Helicopters can be used for extending radar range and for searching for submarines.
Model Type: Project 1144.2
Class: Guided Missile Battle Cruiser
Crew: Ship's complement 727, Aircrew 18, and Flagship staff 15 (when acting as a flagship)
|3 or 5||Kamov Ka-27PL "Helix" or 2 Ka-25RT "Hormone" Helicopters|
M.D.C. by Location:
|Dual 130 mm / 70 cal AK-130-MR-184 (Aft):||100|
|B-303A VLS underdeck drum launcher systems (12, Forward):||120 each|
|SA-N-9 Gauntlet Octuple VLS (2, Forward and Aft):||80 each|
|20 P-700/SS-N-19 Granit/Shipwreck VLS (Front):||130 each|
|Kashstan CADS-N-1 CIWS systems (6):||50 each|
|Quintuple mount type 53 torpedo launchers (2, Sides)||60 each|
|1 RPK-5/UDAV-1 Liven ASW Rail Launchers (Forward):||80 each|
|2 RBU-1000 anti-torpedo Rail Launchers (2, Sides):||60 each|
| MR-800 Voshkod/Top Pair Air Search Radar System:||120|
| MR-710 Fregat-MA/Top Plate-B Air Search Radar System:||80|
| Main Body:||3,200|
 Destroying both Top Pair and Top Plate Air Search System radar system will eliminate the ships long range air search ability but weapon systems have backup fire control systems. Both air search systems are separate so both systems are not likely to be disable from a single hit.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body destroys the ship's structural integrity, causing it to sink. There are enough flotation devices and inflatable life rafts to accommodate everyone aboard.
On Water: Both Propulsion System: 32 knots (36.8 mph / 59.3 kph), Nuclear Propulsion Only: 24 knots (27.6 mph / 44.4 kph). Conventional Boiler Propulsion Only: 17 knots (19.6 mph / 31.5 kph)
Maximum Effective Range: Nuclear Propulsion: Effectively Unlimited (must refuel every ten years) Conventional Boiler Propulsion: 1,000 Nautical Miles (1150.8 miles / 1852 km) at full speed (17 knots) with steam boilers
Draft: 29.5 feet (9 meters)
Width: 93.5 feet (28.5 meters)
Length: 826.8 feet (252 meters)
Displacement: 19,250 tons standard and 24,300 tons fully loaded
Cargo: Can carry 1,000 tons of extraneous cargo. Each enlisted crew member has a small locker for personal items and uniforms. Ship's officers have far more space for personal items. Most of the ship's spaces are taken up by extra ammo, armor, troops, weapons, and engines.
Power System: CONAS (Combined Nuclear and Steam Propulsion). 2 KN-3 cruise reactors (Lifespan between refueling is about 10 years) and oil fueled boost steam turbines; 4 shafts.
Market Price: Not available.
- Twin Barrel 130mm/70 cal AK-130-MR-184 Universal Automated Shipboard Artillery System: Standard weapon system on later Kirov class cruisers and is mounted in the rear of the ship. The turret has a 360 degree rotation and can elevate up to 85 degrees as well as depress 15 degrees. The guns fire rapidly at the rate of 65 rounds per minute and is radar directed. The weapon is useful on land, surface, and air targets. The EBSIS has developed special ammunition that uses more powerful warheads. The was developed to deal with the new RDF/UN Spacy ship and aircraft armors.
- Twelve B-303A VLS underdeck drum launcher systems: The launchers are mounted in the deck in front of the ships superstructure. These launchers were originally designed to launch V-601 Fort-Ryf/SA-N-6 Grumble missiles but have been refitted to launch standard Robotech long range missiles. They can launch on either ground, surface or air targets. The launchers can launch at multiple targets simultaneously.
- SA-N-9 Gauntlet Octuple VLS (2): These launchers are mounted forward and aft of the ships superstructure. These launchers were originally designed to launch RZ-130 Kinzhal/Klinok/SA-N-9 Gauntlet missiles but have been refitted to launch standard Robotech medium range missiles. They can launch on either ground, surface, or air targets. The launchers can launch at multiple targets simultaneously.
- P-700/SS-N-19 Granit/Shipwreck VLS (20): While most missiles launchers that have been converted to fire standard missiles, these launchers retained the original missile that they were designed for. The missile launchers fire P-700 Granit/SS-N-19 Shipwreck missiles. The missile is similar to the original model but the guidance systems have been improved on the missiles. The missiles can be fired be fired at either ground or surface targets but cannot be targeted on air targets. The ships has 20 Shipwreck missiles in vertical launch systems on the front of the ship. The missiles are considered smart missiles (+5 to strike, +4 to dodge, and 2 attacks per melee until they strike their target or run out of fuel) and can be launched at multiple targets simultaneously. The missiles travel at a speed of Mach 2.2 (1657 mph/ 1440 knots/ 2667 kph). This calculates to a speed of 7.5 miles (6.5 nautical miles / 12 km) per melee. Missiles can withstand 40 M.D.C. before being destroyed.
- Kashstan CADS-N-1 CIWS Systems (6): Main point defense system that fills a similar purpose to the US Navies CIWS. Weapon system is a combination of twin AK 630 30mm Gatling gun and a missile launching system that was originally developed to use 3M-88 Kortika/SA-N-11 missiles. It has been modified to fire standard Robotech short range missiles. The weapon is useful on land, surface, and air targets. While the launcher can be controlled by a gunner, it is normally set on automatic and in this mode has five attacks per melee and with guns has +3 to strike missiles and +2 to strike aircraft The launcher will normally use up all of its missile before switching to guns.
- Type 53 Torpedo Launchers (2): There is one launcher on each side of the ship. Each torpedo launcher has five torpedo tubes and tubes are 21 inch (533 mm) wide. Torpedoes are normally used against submarines but can be targeted on surface targets as well. Treat warheads as long range missile warheads. The ship can also fire anti-submarine missile which releases a torpedo at the end of its flight. The torpedo has a warhead equal to a medium range missile and can be used against both submarines and surface targets as well. Ship carries 20 reloads for torpedoes or .
- RPK-5/UDAV-1 Liven ASW Rail Launcher: This weapon system is a ten tube anti-submarine rocket mortar system mounted on the front of the ship. It works similarly to a depth charge launchers in the respect that it uses multiple warheads in the attempt to hit the target. The weapon is useful against torpedoes as well as against submarines but is only useful against underwater targets
- RBU-1000 (2) ASW Rail Launcher: This weapon system are six tube anti-submarine rocket mortar system mounted on the sides of the ship. It works similarly to a depth charge launchers in the respect that it uses multiple warheads in the attempt to hit the target. The weapon is useful against torpedoes as well as against submarines but is only useful against underwater targets
Maximum Effective Range: 17.4 miles (28 km)
Mega-Damage: One round inflicts 5D6+10 with a blast radius of 20 ft (6.1 m). Can also fire a burst of three rounds which inflicts 2D6x10 M.D. to a blast radius of 30 feet (9.1 m) per barrel (4D6x10 for both barrels with 6 rounds total being fired)
Rate of Fire: Up to five single shots or bursts per melee.
Payload: 840 rounds total.
Maximum Effective Range: Varies with long range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Mega-Damage: Varies with long range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volley of any amount up to 12 (including all launchers) in any combinations and at multiple target at the same time.
Payload: 96 long range missiles total (8 missiles per launcher)
Maximum Effective Range: Varies with medium range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Mega-Damage: Varies with medium range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volley of any amount up to 8 for each launcher (16 missiles total) in any combinations and at Multiple target at the same time.
Payload: 128 medium range missiles total (64 missiles per launcher)
Maximum Effective Range: 288 miles (250 nautical miles / 463 km)
Mega-Damage: 2D4x100 per missile (Blast radius of 80 feet / 24.4 meters)
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volley of 2, 3, or 4 (including all launchers) in any combinations and at multiple target at the same time.
Payload: 20 Shipwreck Missiles (1 per launcher)
Maximum Effective Range: Gatling Guns: 9700 feet (2960 meters). Short Range Missiles: Varies with short range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Mega-Damage: Gatling Guns: 4D6 per burst of 30 rounds from one cannon or 8D6 per burst of 60 rounds (30 from each cannon). Short Range Missiles: Varies with short range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Rate of Fire: Gatling Guns: Five bursts per melee for each mount (Has +3 to strike missiles and +2 to strike aircraft). Short Range Missiles: One at a time or in volley of 2, 3, or 4 per launcher. Can fire up to five times per melee in place of gun fire.
Payload: Gatling Guns: 6000 rounds per CIWS mount (200 single cannon bursts or 100+ double cannon bursts). Short Range Missiles: 32 short range missiles per mount
Maximum Effective Range: Standard Torpedoes: 20 miles (32 km). Missile launched Torpedoes: Missile Stage: 57.3 miles (50 nautical miles / 92.6 km). Torpedo stage: 5.2 miles (4.5 nautical miles / 8.3 km)
Mega Damage: Standard Torpedoes: Treat warheads as long range missile warheads (See Robotech RPG book). Missile launched Torpedoes: Treat warheads as medium range missile warheads (See Robotech RPG book).
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of 2, 3, or 5. Reloading takes 1 full melee
Payload: 5 torpedoes/ missiles each launcher for a grand total of 10 torpedoes/missiles (Has 20 torpedoes/missiles for reloads)
Maximum Effective Range: 4.6 miles (4 nautical miles / 7.8 km)
Mega Damage: 3D6 per warhead with a blast radius of 20 ft (6.1 m).
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 10 mortars rockets only.
Payload: 40 Mortar Rockets
Maximum Effective Range: 3038 feet (0.5 nautical miles / 926 meters)
Mega Damage: 4D6 per warhead with a blast radius of 30 ft (9.1 m).
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 6 mortars rockets only.
Payload: 102 Mortar Rockets each launcher (17 reloads each launcher).
- MR-800 Voshkod/Top Pair (Top Sail + Big Net); 3-D Air Search Radar System: Long range air search radar system. Radar system has a range of 300 nautical miles (345.2 miles / 555.6 km). Radar system can track up to 64 targets simultaneously and can target up to 24 targets simultaneously.
- MR-710 Fregat-MA/Top Plate-B; 3-D Air Search Radar System: Long range air search radar system although slightly shorter range than MR-800 System. Radar system has a range of 200 nautical miles (230.2 miles / 370.4 km). Radar system can track up to 48 targets simultaneously and can target up to 16 targets simultaneously.
- Orion/Horse Jaw, bow mounted: Sonar system has a range of around 16 nautical miles (18.4 miles / 29.6 km).. This hull sonar system has both a passive and active system built in. Sonar system can track up to 8 targets at one time
- Platina/Horse Tail, towed array: Sonar system has a range of around 75 nautical miles (86.3 miles/139.9 km). This towed array Sonar has both a passive and active system built in. Sonar system can track up to 16 targets at one time.
- ESM: Can detect another radar system at 125% of the range of the transmitting radar
[ EBSIS TM, Mega-Damage TM, Rifter TM, and S.D.C. TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Macross®, Robotech®, Robotech: Sentinels®, SDF-1®, Southern Cross®, and Zentraedi® are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Harmony Gold USA, Inc. ]
Image drawn and copyrighted by Gollevainen. Click on line drawing for a better view.
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 1999 & 2013, Kitsune. All rights reserved.