EBSIS Neustrashimyy class Frigate:
Few people believe that the EBSIS naval forces are as powerful as they are but the reality is that they are quite dangerous. The Neustrashimyy class frigate is one of the new class of ships to come out just before the coming of the Global War. The class is a large and capable frigate class that was originally intended as a replacement for the Grisha class but grew in size until it became a replacement for the Krivak class of frigates. The frigate is primarily designed for Anti submarine warfare but was designed with missile launchers for missile defense and anti surface use as well. Originally, a fairly large number of these ships were to have been constructed by only three having been completed prior to the beginning of the Global War. Only one of the Neustrashimyy class frigates were sunk during the war and the other two remain in service. It is unclear if more Neustrashimyy class frigates will be built or a new class will be constructed. Both frigates have been rebuilt using the new technology they discovered from crashing Zentraedi equipment. The two remaining ships have been modified with high strength ceramics, composites, and alloys. In addition, the shifts have updated electronics and weapon systems. Like many EBSIS Programs, there has been no new construction of frigates and the Neustrashimyy will likely remain an important part of the small naval forces.
Like most newer Soviet designs, the Neustrashimyy class uses gas turbines for propulsion. Power comes from 2 M70 cruise gas turbines with 20,000 shp between them and 2 M90 boost gas turbines with a total of 37,000 shp between them for a total of 57,000 shp for all turbines combined. The ship has a maximum speed of over 30 knots. The ship is well armed for its size. The ship has eight missile tubes in the center of the superstructure that were originally designed for the SS-N-25 Switchblade (Kh 25 Uran) missile which is similar to the American Harpoon and French Exocet missiles. These launchers have been converted to fire standard missiles copied from the RDF. Likewise, all of the smaller missile launchers have been converted to fire missiles that are copies of designs stolen from the RDF.
The ship can carry one helicopters and has a small hanger bay. The helicopter is normally used for anti-submarine warfare but can be also used for radar spotting.
Model Type: Project 1154.0
Class: Guided Missile Frigate
Crew: 210 (18 officers)
|1||Kamov Ka-27PL "Helix" or Ka-25RT "Hormone" Helicopters|
M.D.C. by Location:
|Single 100 mm / 70 cal AK-100 Gun System (Forward):||80|
|Kashstan CADS-N-1 CIWS systems (2):||50 each|
|SA-N-9 Gauntlet Octuple VLS (1, Forward)::||80 each|
|Kh-35/SS-N-25 Uran/Switchblade SSM Tubes (8):||80 each|
|Triple mount type 53 torpedo launchers (2, Sides)||30 each|
|RPK-8 Zapad/RBU 6000 12 tubed (1, superstructure)||80|
| MR-760 Fregat-MA/Top Plate 3-D Air Search Radar System:||80|
|Outer Hull (per 80 ft area):||50|
| Main Body:||1,000|
 Destroying the Top Plate System radar system will eliminate the ships long range air search ability but weapon systems have backup fire control systems..
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body destroys the ship's structural integrity, causing it to sink. There are enough flotation devices and inflatable life rafts to accommodate everyone aboard.
On Water: 30 knots (34.5 mph / 55.6 kph)
Maximum Effective Range: 4,500 nautical miles (5,178.5 miles / 8,334.0 km) at 16 knots (18.4 mph/ 29.6 kph).
Draft: 26.5 feet (8.09 meters)
Width: 51.2 feet (15.6 meters)
Length: 425.3 feet (129.63 meters)
Displacement: 3,210 tons standard displacement, 4,200 tons displacement with full load, and 4,350 tons maximum displacement.
Cargo: Can carry 300 tons of extraneous cargo. Each enlisted crew member has a small locker for personal items and uniforms. Ship's officers have far more space for personal items. Most of the ship's spaces are taken up by extra ammo, armor, troops, weapons, and engines.
Power System: Gas Turbine with two M70 cruise gas turbines which provide 20,000 shp and 2 M90 boost gas turbines which provide 37,000 shp. The ship has a total of 57,000 shp and the ship has two shafts.
Market Price: Not available.
- Single Barrel 100 mm / 70 cal AK-100 Gun System (1): Standard weapon system on Neustrashimyy class frigate as well as several other classes and is mounted in the front of the ship. The turret has a 360 degree rotation and can elevate up to 85 degrees as well as depress 5 degrees. The gun fire rapidly at the rate of 50 rounds per minute and is radar directed. The weapon is useful on land, surface, and air targets. The EBSIS has developed special ammunition that uses more powerful warheads. The was developed to deal with the new RDF/UN Spacy ship and aircraft armors.
- SA-N-9 Gauntlet Octuple VLS (1): This launcher is mounted behind the 100 mm cannon and before the superstructure of the ships. This launcher was originally designed to launch RZ-130 Kinzhal/Klinok/SA-N-9 Gauntlet missiles but have been refitted to launch standard Robotech medium range missiles. They can launch on either ground, surface, or air targets. The launchers can launch at multiple targets simultaneously.
- Kh-35/SS-N-25 Uran/Switchblade SSM Tubes (8): The tube style launchers are similar in most ways to the American Harpoon Launchers and French Exocet launchers and fired a similar missile. Many military expects considered the missile to be a copy of the Harpoon. When the ships were refitted, the tube launchers were modified to use any long range RDF style missile. While any long range missile type can be carried, usually special surface skimming missiles will be carried in launchers and are used against surface targets only.
- Kashstan CADS-N-1 CIWS Systems (2): Main point defense system that fills a similar purpose to the US Navies CIWS and mounts are one sides of the ships hanger. Weapon system is a combination of twin AK 630 30 mm Gatling gun and a missile launching system that was originally developed to use 3M-88 Kortika/SA-N-11 missiles. It has been modified to fire standard Robotech short range missiles. The weapon is useful on land, surface, and air targets. While the launcher can be controlled by a gunner, it is normally set on automatic and in this mode has five attacks per melee and with guns has +3 to strike missiles and +2 to strike aircraft. The launcher will normally use up all of its missile before switching to guns.
- Type 53 Torpedo Launchers (2): There is one launcher on each side of the ship. Each torpedo launcher has three torpedo tubes and tubes are 21 inch (533 mm) wide. Torpedoes are normally used against submarines but can be targeted on surface targets as well. Treat warheads as long range missile warheads. The ship can also fire anti-submarine missile which releases a torpedo at the end of its flight. The torpedo has a warhead equal to a medium range missile and can be used against both submarines and surface targets as well. Ship carries 12 reloads for torpedoes or missiles.
- RPK-8 Zapad/RBU 6000 ASW Rail Launcher (2): This weapon system are twelve tube anti-submarine rocket mortar system mounted on the front of the ship. It works similarly to a depth charge launchers in the respect that it uses multiple warheads in the attempt to hit the target. The weapon is useful against torpedoes as well as against submarines but is only useful against underwater targets
Maximum Effective Range: 8.1 miles (13 km)
Maximum Effective Range: One round inflicts 3D6+6 with a blast radius of 10 ft (3 m). Can also fire a burst of three rounds which inflicts 1D6x10+10 M.D. to a blast radius of 20 feet (6.1 m)
Rate of Fire: Up to four single shots or bursts per melee.
Payload: 400 rounds total.
Maximum Effective Range: Varies with medium range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Mega-Damage: Varies with medium range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volley of any amount up to 4 in any combinations and at multiple target at the same time.
Payload: 32 medium range missiles total
Maximum Effective Range: As per long range missile type (Surface skimming missiles have 25% less range than normal long range missile, See Robotech RPG book).
Mega Damage: As per long range missile type (See Robotech RPG book).
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volley of two, four, or eight (All launcher operates together)
Payload: 1 missiles each launcher for a grand total of 8 long range missiles (Has no missiles in storage for reloads).
Maximum Effective Range: Gatling Guns: 9700 feet (2960 meters). Short Range Missiles: Varies with short range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Mega-Damage: Gatling Guns: 4D6 per burst of 30 rounds from one cannon or 8D6 per burst of 60 rounds (30 from each cannon). Short Range Missiles: Varies with short range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Rate of Fire: Gatling Guns: Five bursts per melee for each mount (Has +3 to strike missiles and +2 to strike aircraft). Short Range Missiles: One at a time or in volley of 2, 3, or 4 per launcher. Can fire up to five times per melee in place of gun fire.
Payload: Gatling Guns: 6000 rounds per CIWS mount (200 single cannon bursts or 100+ double cannon bursts). Short Range Missiles: 32 short range missiles per mount
Maximum Effective Range: Standard Torpedoes: 20 miles (32 km). Missile launched Torpedoes: Missile Stage: 57.3 miles (50 nautical miles / 92.6 km). Torpedo stage: 5.2 miles (4.5 nautical miles / 8.3 km)
Mega Damage: Standard Torpedoes: Treat warheads as long range missile warheads (See Robotech RPG book). Missile launched Torpedoes: Treat warheads as medium range missile warheads (See Robotech RPG book).
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of 2 or 3. Reloading takes 1 full melee
Payload: 3 torpedoes/ missiles each launcher for a grand total of 6 torpedoes/missiles (Has 12 torpedoes/missiles for reloads)
Maximum Effective Range: 19,700 feet (3.7 nautical miles / 6000 meters)
Mega Damage: 3D6 per warhead with a blast radius of 20 ft (6.1 m).
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1, 4, 8, or 12 mortars rockets.
Payload: 96 Mortar Rockets each launcher (8 reloads each launcher)
- MR-760 Fregat-MA/Top Plate; 3-D Air Search Radar System: Primary Radar System of ship. Long range air search radar system although slightly shorter range than MR-800 System. Radar system has a range of 200 nautical miles (230.2 miles / 370.4 km). Radar system can track up to 64 targets simultaneously and can target up to 24 targets simultaneously.
- MGK-345 Bronza/Ox Yoke hull mounted LF Sonar, bow mounted: Sonar system has a range of around 16 nautical miles (18.4 miles / 29.6 km).. This hull sonar system has both a passive and active system built in. Sonar system can track up to 8 targets at one time
- Ox Tail LF VDS Sonar, towed array: Sonar system has a range of around 75 nautical miles (86.3 miles/139.9 km). This towed array Sonar has both a passive and active system built in. Sonar system can track up to 16 targets at one time.
- ESM: Can detect another radar system at 125% of the range of the transmitting radar.
[ EBSIS TM, Mega-Damage TM, Rifter TM, and S.D.C. TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Macross®, Robotech®, Robotech: Sentinels®, SDF-1®, Southern Cross®, and Zentraedi® are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Harmony Gold USA, Inc. ]
Image drawn and copyrighted by MConrads & Gollevainen.
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2000 & 2013, Kitsune. All rights reserved.