EBSIS Slava class Rocket Cruiser:
Few people believe that the EBSIS naval forces are as powerful as they are but the reality is that they are quite dangerous. The Slava class cruiser actually predates the design for the Kirov class cruiser but construction on the first unit was not begun until after the first of the Kirov class cruiser. The Slava cruisers are much smaller and much less expensive than the Kirov class and they are found filling the same roles. Originally, twenty one of these cruisers were to have been built in competition against the American Ticonderoga class cruisers but only six of the class were completed before the Global War and construction of more of the class was delayed due to the Global War. During the Global War, two of the Slava class were sunk. While there was some belief that the EBSIS would continue constructing Slava class cruisers after the Global War ended, it appears now as if they plan to construct a new cruiser design in their place. The surviving Slava class cruisers have been refitted with high strength ceramics and upgraded systems. Until the EBSIS economy can recover, these shsips will likely be an important part of their Navy. The Slava class is also known as the Atlant Class Rocket Cruisers.
The propulsion of the Slava class is far more conventional and similar to system of NATO nations than it is for the Kirov class. The ship uses four M8KF gas turbines as the main propulsion and two M70 gas turbines as the ship auxilary systems. These systems allow for speeds up to 32 knots. Since the ship is smaller, it is not quite as well armed as a Kirov class but is well armed for its size. All but the ships anti-ship missile launchers have been converted to fire missiles that are copies of designs stolen for the RDF.
The Slava class have very spacious officers quarters and actually have a small swimming pool. The ship has space for one helicopter. The ships have the facilities to act as a flagship when required.
Model Type: Project 1164
Class: Guided Missile Cruiser
Crew: 454 (38 officers)
|1||Kamov Ka-27PL "Helix" or Ka-25RT "Hormone" Helicopters|
M.D.C. by Location:
|Dual 130 mm / 70 cal AK-130-MR-184 (Forward):||100|
|AK-630 30 mm Gatling Anti Air guns (6):||25 each|
|B-303A VLS underdeck drum launcher systems (8):||120 each|
|Zif-122 retractable launchers (2, sides):||60 each|
|Paired P-500/SS-N-12 Bazalt/Sandbox Launchers (8, Sides):||150 each|
|Quintuple mount type 53 torpedo launchers (2, Sides)||60 each|
|RPK-8 Zapad/RBU 6000 12 tubed (2, forward)||80 each|
| MR-800 Voshkod/Top Pair Air Search Radar System:||120|
| MR-710 Fregat-MA/Top Plate-B Air Search Radar System:||80|
|Outer Hull (per 80 ft area):||50|
| Main Body:||1,500|
 Destroying both Top Pair and Top Plate Air Search System radar system will eliminate the ships long range air search ability but weapon systems have backup fire control systems. Both air search systems are separate so both systems are not likely to be disable from a single hit.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body destroys the ship's structural integrity, causing it to sink. There are enough flotation devices and inflatable life rafts to accommodate everyone aboard.
On Water: 32 knots (36.8 mph / 59.3 kph)
Maximum Effective Range: 2,500 nautical miles (2880 miles / 4630 km) at 30 knots (34.5 mph/ 55.6 kph) or 6,000 nautical miles (6900 miles / 11,100 km) at 15 knots (17.3 mph / 27.8 kph)
Draft: 24.9 feet (7.6 meters)
Width: 68.2 feet (20.8 meters)
Length: 610.2 feet (186 meters)
Displacement: 9,800 tons standard and 11,200 tons fully loaded
Cargo: Can carry 500 tons of extraneous cargo. Each enlisted crew member has a small locker for personal items and uniforms. Ship's officers have far more space for personal items. Most of the ship's spaces are taken up by extra ammo, armor, troops, weapons, and engines.
Power System: Gas Turbine with 4 M8KF gas turbines (main) with a combined horsepower of 108,800 and 2 M70 gas turbines (auxilary) with a combined horsepower of 13,600
Market Price: Not available.
- Twin Barrel 130mm/70 cal AK-130-MR-184 Universal Automated Shipboard Artillery System: Standard weapon system on Slava class cruisers and is mounted in the front of the ship. The turret has a 360 degree rotation and can elevate up to 85 degrees as well as depress 15 degrees. The guns fire rapidly at the rate of 65 rounds per minute and is radar directed. The weapon is useful on land, surface, and air targets. The EBSIS has developed special ammunition that uses more powerful warheads. The was developed to deal with the new RDF/UN Spacy ship and aircraft armors.
- AK-630 30 mm Gatling Anti Air guns (6): Point defense system that fills a similar purpose to the US Navies CIWS. System is a six barrel 30 mm Gatling gun. The weapon is useful on land, surface, and air targets. While the launcher can be controlled by a gunner, it is normally set on automatic and in this mode has five attacks per melee and with guns has +3 to strike missiles and +2 to strike aircraft.
- Eight B-303A VLS underdeck drum launcher systems: The launchers are mounted in the deck in front and in back of the ships superstructure. These launchers were originally designed to launch V-601 Fort-Ryf/SA-N-6 Grumble missiles but have been refitted to launch standard Robotech long range missiles. They can launch on either ground, surface or air targets. The launchers can launch at multiple targets simultaneously.
- Zif-122 retractable launchers (2): These launchers are mounted on the sides of the ships superstructure. These launchers were originally designed to launch RZ-13M Osa-2M/SA-N-4B Gecko missiles but have been refitted to launch standard Robotech medium range missiles. They can launch on either ground, surface, or air targets. The launchers can launch at multiple targets simultaneously.
- Paired P-500/SS-N-19 Bazalt/Sandbox Launchers (8): While most missiles launchers that have been converted to fire standard missiles, these launchers retained the original missile that they were designed for. The missile launchers fire P-500 Bazalt/SS-N-12 Sandbox missiles. The missile is similar to the original model but the guidance systems have been improved on the missiles. The missiles are the predecessor to the Shipwreck missile carried on the Kirov class The missiles can be fired be fired at either ground or surface targets but cannot be targeted on air targets. The ships has 16 Sandbox missiles in paired launch systems on the sides of the ship. The missiles are considered smart missiles (+5 to strike, +4 to dodge, and 2 attacks per melee until they strike their target or run out of fuel) and can be launched at multiple targets simultaneously. The missiles travel at a speed of Mach 2.2 (1657 mph/ 1440 knots/ 2667 kph). This calculates to a speed of 7.5 miles (6.5 nautical miles / 12 km) per melee. Missiles can withstand 40 M.D.C. before being destroyed.
- Type 53 Torpedo Launchers (2): There is one launcher on each side of the ship. Each torpedo launcher has five torpedo tubes and tubes are 21 inch (533 mm) wide. Torpedoes are normally used against submarines but can be targeted on surface targets as well. Treat warheads as long range missile warheads. The ship can also fire anti-submarine missile which releases a torpedo at the end of its flight. The torpedo has a warhead equal to a medium range missile and can be used against both submarines and surface targets as well. Ship carries 20 reloads for torpedoes or .
- RPK-8 Zapad/RBU 6000 ASW Rail Launcher (2): This weapon system are twelve tube anti-submarine rocket mortar system mounted on the front of the ship. It works similarly to a depth charge launchers in the respect that it uses multiple warheads in the attempt to hit the target. The weapon is useful against torpedoes as well as against submarines but is only useful against underwater targets
Maximum Effective Range: 17.4 miles (28 km)
Mega-Damage: One round inflicts 5D6+10 with a blast radius of 20 ft (6.1 m). Can also fire a burst of three rounds which inflicts 2D6x10 M.D. to a blast radius of 30 feet (9.1 m) per barrel (4D6x10 for both barrels with 6 rounds total being fired)
Rate of Fire: Up to five single shots or bursts per melee.
Payload: 840 rounds total.
Maximum Effective Range: 9700 feet (2960 meters).
Mega-Damage: 4D6 per burst of 30 rounds.
Rate of Fire: Five bursts per melee for each mount (Has +3 to strike missiles and +2 to strike aircraft).
Payload: 3000 rounds per CIWS mount (100 bursts).
Maximum Effective Range: Varies with long range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Mega-Damage: Varies with long range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volley of any amount up to 12 (including all launchers) in any combinations and at multiple target at the same time.
Payload: 64 long range missiles total (8 missiles per launcher)
Maximum Effective Range: Varies with medium range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Mega-Damage: Varies with medium range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volley of any amount up to 4 for each launcher (8 missiles total) in any combinations and at multiple target at the same time.
Payload: 40 medium range missiles total (20 missiles per launcher)
Maximum Effective Range: 288 miles (250 nautical miles / 463 km)
Mega-Damage: 2D4x100 per missile (Blast radius of 80 feet / 24.4 meters)
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volley of 2, 3, or 4 (including all launchers) in any combinations and at multiple target at the same time.
Payload: 16 Shipwreck Missiles (2 per paired set of launchers)
Maximum Effective Range: Standard Torpedoes: 20 miles (32 km). Missile launched Torpedoes: Missile Stage: 57.3 miles (50 nautical miles / 92.6 km). Torpedo stage: 5.2 miles (4.5 nautical miles / 8.3 km)
Mega Damage: Standard Torpedoes: Treat warheads as long range missile warheads (See Robotech RPG book). Missile launched Torpedoes: Treat warheads as medium range missile warheads (See Robotech RPG book).
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of 2, 3, or 5. Reloading takes 1 full melee
Payload: 5 torpedoes/ missiles each launcher for a grand total of 10 torpedoes/missiles (Has 20 torpedoes/missiles for reloads)
Maximum Effective Range: 19,700 feet (3.7 nautical miles / 6000 meters)
Mega Damage: 3D6 per warhead with a blast radius of 20 ft (6.1 m).
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1, 4, 8, or 12 mortars rockets.
Payload: 96 Mortar Rockets each launcher (8 reloads each launcher).
- MR-800 Voshkod/Top Pair (Top Sail + Big Net); 3-D Air Search Radar System: Long range air search radar system. Radar system has a range of 300 nautical miles (345.2 miles / 555.6 km). Radar system can track up to 64 targets simultaneously and can target up to 24 targets simultaneously.
- MR-710 Fregat-MA/Top Plate-B; 3-D Air Search Radar System: Long range air search radar system although slightly shorter range than MR-800 System. Radar system has a range of 200 nautical miles (230.2 miles / 370.4 km). Radar system can track up to 48 targets simultaneously and can target up to 16 targets simultaneously.
- MG-332 Tigan-2T/Bull Nose, hull mounted: Sonar system has a range of around 5 nautical miles (5.8 miles / 9.3 km).. This hull sonar system has both a passive and active system built in. Sonar system can track up to 8 targets at one time
- Platina/Horse Tail, towed array: Sonar system has a range of around 75 nautical miles (86.3 miles/139.9 km). This towed array Sonar has both a passive and active system built in. Sonar system can track up to 16 targets at one time.
- ESM: Can detect another radar system at 125% of the range of the transmitting radar
[ EBSIS TM, Mega-Damage TM, Rifter TM, and S.D.C. TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Macross®, Robotech®, Robotech: Sentinels®, SDF-1®, Southern Cross®, and Zentraedi® are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Harmony Gold USA, Inc. ]
Image drawn and copyrighted by Gollevainen. Click on line drawing for a better view.
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 1999 & 2013, Kitsune. All rights reserved.