EBSIS Udaloy II class Destroyer:
Few people believe that the EBSIS naval forces are as powerful as they are but the reality is that they are quite dangerous. The Udaloy class destroyer was original designed for anti-submarine warfare but the Udaloy II class is designed with better defensive weaponry and better anti-ship weaponry. The original Udaloy was likely to fill the same role as the American Spruance class and the Udaloy II seems to fill a similar role to the American Kidd class destroyer. Originally, a large number of these ships were planned but only eight were constructed before the beginning of the beginning of the war and construction was delayed during the war. Four of the Udaloy II class were sunk during the war along with five of the original Udaloy class Destroyer. Like the Slava class, it was thought that the EBSIS would construct more Udaloy II destroyers but it now appears that they will construct a new destroyer class that takes advantage of new technology. In order to get use out of the remaining destroyers, the EBSIS has refitted the remaining destroyers with upgraded weapon and sensor systems as well as reinforcing the ship with high strength ceramics, composites, and alloys. The new destroyer classes have been delayed and the Udaloys remain an important part of the EBSIS forces. The first ship of the Udaloy II class was the Admiral Chabanenko and the class is also know as the Fregat class Destroyer.
For propulsion, the Udaloy class uses gas turbine propulsion. The ship uses two M62 cruise gas turbines with 15,000 shaft horsepower between them and two M8KF boost gas turbines with a combined power level of 45,000 shaft horsepower. Total available power is 60,000 shaft horsepower which gives the ship a speed of just under 30 knots. While lighter armed that the Slava class cruiser, the Udaloy II is well protected and with the addition of better point defense weaponry, has a much better survival odds in combat. The SS-N-22 Sunburn missiles do not carry as heavy a warhead as those carried on the Kirov and the Slava class but is still quite dangerous and is a surface skimming missile. Most of the other missile systems have been converted to fire missiles that are copies of designs stolen from the RDF.
The ship can carry up to two helicopters and has a two position hanger bays. The helicopters are normally used for anti-submarine warfare but can be also used for radar spotting.
Model Type: Project 1155.1
Class: Guided Missile Destroyer
Crew: 296 (20 officers)
|2||Kamov Ka-27PL "Helix" or Ka-25RT "Hormone" Helicopters|
M.D.C. by Location:
|Twin 130 mm / 70 cal AK-130-MR-184 (Forward):||100|
|Kashstan CADS-N-1 CIWS systems (2):||50 each|
|SA-N-9 Gauntlet Octuple VLS (1, Forward):||80|
|Quad 3M-80/SS-N-22 Sunburn Launcher (2)||150 each|
|Quad mount type 53 torpedo launchers (2, Sides)||50 each|
|2 RPK-5/UDAV-1 Liven ASW Rail Launchers (Aft):||80 each|
| MR-700 Fregat-A/Top Plate Air Search Radar System:||80|
| MR-320M Topaz-V/Strut Pair Air/Surf. Search Radar:||60|
|Outer Hull (per 80 ft area):||50|
| Main Body:||1,200|
 Destroying both Top Plate and Strut Pair Air Search System radar system will eliminate the ships long range air search ability but weapon systems have backup fire control systems. Both air search systems are separate so both systems are not likely to be disable from a single hit.
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body destroys the ship's structural integrity, causing it to sink. There are enough flotation devices and inflatable life rafts to accommodate everyone aboard.
On Water: 29.5 knots (33.9 mph / 54.6 kph)
Maximum Effective Range: 4,000 nautical miles (4,603.1 miles / 7,408.0 km) at 18 knots (20.7 mph/ 33.3 kph).
Draft: 26.2 feet (8.0 meters)
Width: 63.3 feet (19.3 meters)
Length: 534.8 feet (163 meters)
Displacement: 7,700 tons standard and 8,900 tons fully loaded
Cargo: Can carry 400 tons of extraneous cargo. Each enlisted crew member has a small locker for personal items and uniforms. Ship's officers have far more space for personal items. Most of the ship's spaces are taken up by extra ammo, armor, troops, weapons, and engines.
Power System: Gas Turbine with two M62 cruise gas turbines which provide 15,000 shp and 2 M8KF boost gas turbines which provide 45,000 shp. The ship has a total of 60,000 shp and the ship has two shafts.
Market Price: Not available.
- Twin Barrel 130mm/70 cal AK-130-MR-184 Universal Automated Shipboard Artillery System (1): Standard weapon system on Udaloy II class destroyer as well as several other classes and is mounted in the front of the ship. The turret has a 360 degree rotation and can elevate up to 85 degrees as well as depress 15 degrees. The guns fire rapidly at the rate of 65 rounds per minute and is radar directed. The weapon is useful on land, surface, and air targets. The EBSIS has developed special ammunition that uses more powerful warheads. The was developed to deal with the new RDF/UN Spacy ship and aircraft armors.
- SA-N-9 Gauntlet Octuple VLS (1): This launcher is mounted forecastle of the ships. This launcher was originally designed to launch RZ-130 Kinzhal/Klinok/SA-N-9 Gauntlet missiles but have been refitted to launch standard Robotech medium range missiles. They can launch on either ground, surface, or air targets. The launchers can launch at multiple targets simultaneously.
- Quad 3M-80/SS-N-22 Moskit/Sunburn Missile Launchers (2): While most missiles launchers that have been converted to fire standard missiles, these launchers retained the original missile that they were designed for. The missile launchers fire 3M-80/SS-N-22 Moskit/Sunburn surface skimming missiles. The missile is similar to the original model but the guidance systems have been improved on the missiles. The missiles can be fired be fired at either ground or surface targets but cannot be targeted on air targets but since the missiles are surface skimming, they are hard targets to hit. The ships has 8 Sunburn missiles in quad launch systems on the sides of the ship. The missiles are considered smart missiles (+5 to strike, +4 to dodge, and 2 attacks per melee until they strike their target or run out of fuel) and can be launched at multiple targets simultaneously. The missiles travel at a speed of Mach 2.55 (1892 mph/ 1644 knots/ 3044 kph). This calculates to a speed of 7.9 miles (6.85 nautical miles / 12.7 km) per melee. Missiles can withstand 40 M.D.C. before being destroyed.
- Kashstan CADS-N-1 CIWS Systems (2): Main point defense system that fills a similar purpose to the US Navies CIWS. Weapon system is a combination of twin AK 630 30mm Gatling gun and a missile launching system that was originally developed to use 3M-88 Kortika/SA-N-11 missiles. It has been modified to fire standard Robotech short range missiles. The weapon is useful on land, surface, and air targets. While the launcher can be controlled by a gunner, it is normally set on automatic and in this mode has five attacks per melee and with guns has +3 to strike missiles and +2 to strike aircraft. The launcher will normally use up all of its missile before switching to guns.
- Type 53 Torpedo Launchers (2): There is one launcher on each side of the ship. Each torpedo launcher has five torpedo tubes and tubes are 21 inch (533 mm) wide. Torpedoes are normally used against submarines but can be targeted on surface targets as well. Treat warheads as long range missile warheads. The ship can also fire anti-submarine missile which releases a torpedo at the end of its flight. The torpedo has a warhead equal to a medium range missile and can be used against both submarines and surface targets as well. Ship carries 20 reloads for torpedoes or .
- RPK-8 Zapad/RBU 6000 ASW Rail Launcher (2): This weapon system are twelve tube anti-submarine rocket mortar system mounted on the front of the ship. It works similarly to a depth charge launchers in the respect that it uses multiple warheads in the attempt to hit the target. The weapon is useful against torpedoes as well as against submarines but is only useful against underwater targets
- RPK-5/UDAV-1 Liven ASW Rail Launcher (2): These weapon systems are ten tube anti-submarine rocket mortar system mounted on the rear of the ship. It works similarly to a depth charge launchers in the respect that it uses multiple warheads in the attempt to hit the target. The weapon is useful against torpedoes as well as against submarines but is only useful against underwater targets
Maximum Effective Range: 17.4 miles (28 km)
Mega-Damage: One round inflicts 5D6+10 with a blast radius of 20 ft (6.1 m). Can also fire a burst of three rounds which inflicts 2D6x10 M.D. to a blast radius of 30 feet (9.1 m) per barrel (4D6x10 for both barrels with 6 rounds total being fired)
Rate of Fire: Up to five single shots or bursts per melee.
Payload: 840 rounds total.
Maximum Effective Range: Varies with medium range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Mega-Damage: Varies with medium range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volley of any amount up to 8 in any combinations and at multiple target at the same time.
Payload: 64 medium range missiles total
Maximum Effective Range: 74.8 miles (65 nautical miles / 120.4 km)
Mega-Damage: 1D4x100 per missile (Blast radius of 80 feet / 24.4 meters)
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volley of 2, 3, or 4 (including all launchers) in any combinations and at multiple target at the same time.
Payload: 8 Sunburn Missiles (4 per launcher).
Maximum Effective Range: Gatling Guns: 9700 feet (2960 meters). Short Range Missiles: Varies with short range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Mega-Damage: Gatling Guns: 4D6 per burst of 30 rounds from one cannon or 8D6 per burst of 60 rounds (30 from each cannon). Short Range Missiles: Varies with short range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Rate of Fire: Gatling Guns: Five bursts per melee for each mount (Has +3 to strike missiles and +2 to strike aircraft). Short Range Missiles: One at a time or in volley of 2, 3, or 4 per launcher. Can fire up to five times per melee in place of gun fire.
Payload: Gatling Guns: 6000 rounds per CIWS mount (200 single cannon bursts or 100+ double cannon bursts). Short Range Missiles: 32 short range missiles per mount
Maximum Effective Range: Standard Torpedoes: 20 miles (32 km). Missile launched Torpedoes: Missile Stage: 57.3 miles (50 nautical miles / 92.6 km). Torpedo stage: 5.2 miles (4.5 nautical miles / 8.3 km)
Mega Damage: Standard Torpedoes: Treat warheads as long range missile warheads (See Robotech RPG book). Missile launched Torpedoes: Treat warheads as medium range missile warheads (See Robotech RPG book).
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of 2, 3, or 4. Reloading takes 1 full melee
Payload: 4 torpedoes/ missiles each launcher for a grand total of 8 torpedoes/missiles (Has 16 torpedoes/missiles for reloads)
Maximum Effective Range: 19,700 feet (3.7 nautical miles / 6000 meters)
Mega Damage: 3D6 per warhead with a blast radius of 20 ft (6.1 m).
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1, 4, 8, or 12 mortars rockets.
Payload: 96 Mortar Rockets each launcher (8 reloads each launcher)
Maximum Effective Range: 4.6 miles (4 nautical miles / 7.8 km)
Mega Damage: 3D6 per warhead with a blast radius of 20 ft (6.1 m).
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 10 mortars rockets only.
Payload: 40 Mortar Rockets each.
- MR-700 Fregat-MA/Top Plate; 3-D Air Search Radar System: Primary Radar System of ship. Long range air search radar system although slightly shorter range than MR-800 System. Radar system has a range of 200 nautical miles (230.2 miles / 370.4 km). Radar system can track up to 48 targets simultaneously and can target up to 16 targets simultaneously.
- MR-320M Topaz-V/Strut Pair Air/Surface Search Radar System: Secondary Radar system of ship although shorter ranged than MR-700 System. Radar system has an air search range of 150 nautical miles (172.6 miles / 277.8 km). Radar system can track up to 48 targets simultaneously and can target up to 16 targets simultaneously.
- Orion/Horse Jaw, bow mounted: Sonar system has a range of around 16 nautical miles (18.4 miles / 29.6 km).. This hull sonar system has both a passive and active system built in. Sonar system can track up to 8 targets at one time
- Platina/Horse Tail, towed array: Sonar system has a range of around 75 nautical miles (86.3 miles/139.9 km). This towed array Sonar has both a passive and active system built in. Sonar system can track up to 16 targets at one time.
- ESM: Can detect another radar system at 125% of the range of the transmitting radar.
[ EBSIS TM, Mega-Damage TM, Rifter TM, and S.D.C. TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Macross®, Robotech®, Robotech: Sentinels®, SDF-1®, Southern Cross®, and Zentraedi® are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Harmony Gold USA, Inc. ]
Image drawn and copyrighted by Golevainen & RFZ. Click on line drawing for a better view.
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 2000 & 2010, Kitsune. All rights reserved.