R.D.F. EXDR-12-MK IV RDF Scorpion Mecha:
This Mecha was designed as an experimental 4 legged platform and was only produced in relatively small numbers by the RDF. The vehicle was designed prior to the launching of the SDF-1 but the first prototype was not produced until after the SDF-1 returned to Earth after the destruction of Dolza's forces. It is designed this way so it has greater stability and is designed to be piloted by more than one pilot. The pilot gets the full attacks as the Mecha combat gives him but the gunner only gets his normal had to hand attacks. If the Mecha is crewed by two people the pilot normally controls the auto cannon and the gunner will normally control the Particle Beam Cannon, Missile Pod, and Short Range Missile Launcher. Which crew member controls each weapon must be designated before the combat. Has standard RDF Robotech Mecha sensors and has a periscope to allow the Mech to look over fairly low terrain while no revealing the Mecha.
The surprise about the Mecha is that most pilots that piloted it gave glowing reviews yet was still not produced in any quantity. The reasons for pilots love of this vehicle were various. The Scorpion was actually more all terrain than humanoid Mecha as well as its low profile allowed for easier surprise attacks.
Model Type: EXDR-12-MK IV
Class: Heavy Infantry Assault Destroid
Crew: Two; Pilot and Weapons Officer
M.D.C. by Location:
|Upper Legs (4):||150 each|
|Knee Joints(4):||100 each|
|Lower Legs (4):||150 each|
|Feet (4):||100 each|
|Missile Pod (Right Side):||150|
|Short Range Missile Mortars (2, Sides):||75 each|
|Particle Beam Cannon Barrel (center)||125|
|Auto Cannon Turret (Front):||75|
|125 gallon Water Drum:||25|
|Spotlights / Sensors (2, Front)||25 each|
|Communication System Box||60|
|Hatches (3)||80 each|
|Reinforced cockpits (2)||200 each|
| Mean Body||350|
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the mecha down completely, rendering it useless.
Running: 120 mph (193.1 kph) maximum with a 60 mph (96.6 kph) cruising speed.
Leaping: powerful legs allow robot to leap 20 feet (6.1 m) up and 30 feet (9.1) across from a standing position 25 feet (7.6 m) up and 50 feet (15.4 m) across with a short running start.
Underwater: It can walk along the bottom of the sea floor at 25% of maximum speed and has a maximum Ocean depth of 1 mile (1.6 km).
Maximum Effective Range: Limited only by the pilot's endurance. Emergency food and air supply will keep the pilot and gunner alive for two weeks.
Height: 9 feet (2.7 meters) for main body section and 34 feet, 6 inches (10.5 meters) when standing on its legs.
Width: 15 feet (4.6 meters) for main body section and 40 feet, 6 inches (12.3 meters) with outspread legs.
Length: 24 feet (7.3 meters) for main body section and 31 feet, 6 inches (9.6 meters) with outspread legs.
Weight: 32 tons (29.1 metric tons) fully loaded, 29 tons (26.3 metric tons) empty.
Physical Strength: Equal to a P.S. 40
Cargo: A 4 x 4 x 3 foot storage bin for extra equipment and weapons.
Power System: Nuclear/Protoculture Fusion with average lifespan of 15 years
- Particle Beam Cannon: In the centerline of the robot is a very powerful Particle Beam Cannon. It can be fired by either the pilot or the gunner but not both during the same melee. The cannon is tied to the fusion reactor allowing virtually unlimited shots. The Particle Beam Cannon guns can tilt up and down up to 30 degrees. They are virtually identical to the Particle Beam Cannon on the Zentraedi Officers Pod and RDF Excaliber Mecha.
- Auto Cannon Turret (32 mm): This gun is right in front of the pilots compartment. The auto cannon can be moved from side to side and up and down so that the Mecha does not have to maneuver to fire weapon. It can be fired only by the Pilot.
- Medium Range Missile Pod (14 Medium Range Missiles): The vehicle has a tube style missile pod mounted to the right side of the Particle Beam Cannon. The Launcher carries 7 medium range missiles with one set of reloads for the total of 14 medium range missiles. It can be fired by either the pilot or the gunner but not both.
- Short Range Missile Mortars (2): 2 launcher with 3 missiles a piece for a total of 6 missiles. Used for special purposes but can carry conventional Missiles. It can be fired by either the pilot or the gunner but not both.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat
Maximum Effective Range: 10,000 feet (Nearly two miles / 3.2 km)
Mega Damage: 5D10+25
Rate of Fire: Maximum of 2 per melee
Maximum Effective Range: 4,000 feet (1200 meters).
Mega Damage: 2D6 short burst, 4D6 Long Burst, 6D6 Full Melee Burst.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the pilots combined hand to hand (usually 5 or 6).
Payload: 240 rounds (24 used in Full Melee, 12 used in Long, 6 used in Short).
Maximum Effective Range: As per medium range missile type
Mega Damage: Varies with medium range missile type.
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of two, four, or seven. The number of volleys a character can fire is equal to his combined hand to hand attacks per melee. One volley counts as one attack regardless of number of missiles fired.
Payload: 14 medium range missiles
Maximum Effective Range: As per short range missile type
Mega Damage: Varies with short range missile type (usually none due to fact that standard load out is usually 2 Smoke, 2 Tear Gas, and 2 Fire Retardant).
Rate of Fire: One at a time only.
Payload: 3 each launcher for 6 short range missiles total.
- Kick - 1D6 M.D.C.
Stomp - 2D6
Body Block/Ram - 1D6 per 50 m.
Hand to Hand Bonuses:
- Two hand to hand attacks per melee (plus pilots)
- +3 to roll with punch, fall, or impact (explosion), reducing damage by half.
- Kick attack
- +2 to strike
- +3 to parry
- +3 to dodge
- Critical strikes same as pilots hand to hand.
- One additional hand to hand at levels Five and Ten.
Sensory/ Other Equipment
- Radar: 30 miles, Conventional Operation
- Radio/ Video Communications: Wide band and directional radio and video telecast capabilities. Range is 600 miles and can be boosted indefinitely via satellite relay.
- Laser Targeting System: Range is 2 miles and gives +1 to strike with long range weapons. Not applicable to hand to hand.
- Combat Computer/ Targeting Computer: Assist in the tracking of targets. Calculates, Stores and Transmits Data onto the cockpit computer system or the HUDs.
- External Audio Pickup: Sound amplification that can pick up a whisper at 300 ft (91.5 m) away.
- Loudspeaker: Loudspeaker system can amplify pilots voice up to 90 decibels.
- Thermo-Imager: Range: 1,600 ft (487 m). Finds the infra-red radiations of things that are warm. Also enables pilot to see in smoke, shadows and darkness.
- Nightvision Optics: Range: 1,600 ft (487 m). Uses light amplification to make a picture. Emits no light but will not work in absolute darkness.
- Full Life Support: Protects pilot and mecha from heat and radiation and gives a breathable atmosphere inside the Mecha.
- Spotlights (2): Range: 600 feet (91.5 meters).
[ EBSIS TM, Mega-Damage TM, Rifter TM, and S.D.C. TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Macross®, Robotech®, Robotech: Sentinels®, SDF-1®, Southern Cross®, and Zentraedi® are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Harmony Gold USA, Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 1997 & 1999, Kitsune. All rights reserved.