R.E.F. Quinlin Rau Battle Suit:
In the need for good equipment, many of the Zentraeti Mecha designs were resurrected and micronised by the R.E.F. Many of the female Zentraeti considered the Micronised Officers Battle Pod not to be to their standards and pressured various seniors to have a micronised version of their power armor developed. The power armor was not built until after the REF left the Earth and not until Max Sterling and Meria Sterling threw their support in as well. The "power armor" itself was developed by Dr. Lang and Dr. LeSalle, the developer of the Super Vindicator. The armor fought well against the Invid under the Regents control and the handful that went back to Earth and fought the Invid under the Regis found that the Mecha is the equal of the Royal Command Battleloid.
The design of the Mecha holds much in common with the original Female Zentraedi Power Armor and much in common with the Stinger mecha built during the Malcontent Uprising. The Micronised Power Armor is not as fast as the original was but is incredibly maneuverable and carries the inertial compensator that allows the original to do the same. The armor of the mecha is better than any of the other micronised Zentraeti mecha but that is not the real problem that many xenophobes have with the design. The true reason is that, contrary to the treaties from before the SDF-3 and her fleet left from Earth as well, the Quilin Rau carries missiles. The power armor has mini missile launchers on the shoulders and short range missile launchers on the legs. For direct fire weapons, the Quinlin Rau is well armed as well. Each forearm has a powerful ion cannon and there is a powerful laser turret on the chest as well. The sensors of the power armor are superior to those on most mecha as well.
Several of the Quinlin Rau have been fitted with Protoculture sensors. These were stripped off of Invid Mecha with intact sensors
To be more accurate, this mecha follows theoretical information about starships operating non chemical propulsion in space. This has meant much greater speeds and accelerations. Listed is the formula to allow player and game masters to calculate the mecha's velocity.
- Velocity = Acceleration x Time + Initial Velocity
Distance Traveled = Acceleration x ½ x Time ² + Initial Velocity x Time
1 G = 32 feet (9.8 m) per second ²
Female Zentraeti Battle Armor
Model Type: FZPA-Z4
Class: Heavy Power Armor / Light Mecha
M.D.C. by location:
|Rapid Fire Laser Turret:||50|
|Forearm Guns (2):||80 each|
|Shoulder Missile Launcher (2):||100 each|
|Hip Launcher (2):||100 each|
|Engines (2):||120 each|
|Forearms (2):||60 each|
|Forearm Shields (2):||150 each|
|Upper Arms (2):||60 each|
|Hands (2):||40 each|
|Legs & Feet (2):||150 each|
| Main Body:||250|
|Reinforced Pilot's Compartment:||150|
 Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the mecha down completely, rendering it useless. Note: Lasers do half damage.
Flying; Space: The Power Armor does not have an effective top speed but is limited by acceleration. The Quinlin Rau can reach a top acceleration of 3.0 G. The Power Armor will often travel at an acceleration of 0.5 to 1 G for extended periods for patrol. Because the Power Armor is mostly unshielded from the effects of radiation and hypervelocity atomic particles, the mecha is not operated at speeds exceeding 20% of the speed of light. The Power Armor can be launched from a larger starship at great velocities but may not be able to decelerate to a direct stop before running out of fuel.
Flying; Atmosphere: Power Armor can hover stationary to 1923.8 mph (Mach 2.5 / 3096 kph) with an altitude ceiling of 100,000 feet (30,480 meters). The Power Armors engines do not overheat. Normal cruising is 100 mph (161 kph) to 200 mph (322 Kph).
Ground, Running: 70 mph (112 kph) maximum.
Ground, Jumping: 100 ft (30.5 m) up or across without booster assistance. 300 ft (91.5 m) with a boost from jet thrusters.
Underwater: It can walk along the bottom of the sea floor at 25% of maximum speed. The Quinlin Rau can also use its thrusters to travel up to a maximum speed of 50 mph (80 km)
Maximum Ocean Depth: 1 mile (1.6 km)
Maximum Effective Range: Unlimited in an atmosphere, the Mecha has supplies for one person for seven days.
Conditional in space, The mecha carries 4 days of reaction mass for travel at 0.5 G of acceleration. Double the consumption of fuel for 1.0 G of acceleration and double the consumption for every 1.0 G of acceleration beyond 1 G. This means the mecha will burn 8 times faster at 3 G than at 0.5 G. This allow the mecha about 6 hours of fuel at 3.0 G. The mecha will often accelerate for a period of time and then shut down the engine and travel using the mecha velocity. If the mecha uses more than half of its reaction mass when accelerating, the mecha will be unable to decelerate fully and the mecha will normally only use a third or less of its fuel on accelerating so it does not run into a problem. If the mecha runs out of fuel then it must be recovered by another vehicle traveling faster or be lost.
Height: 18.5 feet (5.6 meters).
Width: 11.7 feet (3.6 meters).
Length: 13 feet (4 meters).
Weight: 16 tons (14.5 metric tons)
Physical Strength: Equal to a P.S. 40.
Power System: Protoculture, uses 12 cells which has an average lifespan of about 1 year.
Cargo: 4 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft area behind cockpit for weapons, armor, and other small equipment.
WEAPONS SYSTEMS & EQUIPMENT:
- Forearm Guns: The power armor has a powerful ion cannon mounted on each forearm. Both of the cannons can be targeted on a single target.
- Chest Mounted Rapid Fire Laser Turret: The Power armor has a rapid fire laser turret which the pilot uses as a backup for the forearm cannons and as an anti missile defense.
- Shoulder Missiles (Mini Missiles): The launchers replace the short range missile launchers that were top mounted near the shoulder. Even with using mini missiles instead of short range missiles, the amount of missiles that could be carried was reduced due to size. The appearance of the launchers is virtually identical to the launchers on the original power armor. Missile are assumed to accelerate at 2 times normal mach speed in Gs greater than the starships speed when used in space. Missiles can be launched at non moving targets beyond the powered range of the missiles to hit targets without the chance of the launching vehicle being hit by missiles itself but penalties exist when launching missiles beyond normal missile range.
- Leg Missiles: Instead of the multi load missile launching pods at the hips that the original power armorcarried, the power armor carries the missiles in a single shot launcher. Missile are assumed to accelerate at 2 times normal mach speed in Gs greater than the starships speed when used in space. Missiles can be launched at non moving targets beyond the powered range of the missiles to hit targets without the chance of the launching vehicle being hit by missiles itself but penalties exist when launching missiles beyond normal missile range.
- Optional use of E-20 gun pod
- Hand to Hand
Maximum Effective Range: 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) in an atmosphere and 5.3 miles (9.6 km) in space.
Mega Damage: 1D4x10 single, 2D4x10 double burst (counts as 1 attack).
Rate of Fire: Equal to the pilots combined hand to hand (usually 5 or 6).
Payload: Effectively Unlimited (Draws Power off the main engines).
Maximum Effective Range: 2000 feet (609 meters) in an atmosphere and 2.8 miles (4.8 km) in space.
Mega Damage: Single Aimed Shot: 2D6, Short burst: 1D4x10, and Full Melee burst: 2D4x10 per burst. Shooting wild does 2D6 to everything around the area.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the pilots combined hand to hand (usually 5 or 6). Shooting wild counts as all attacks.
Bonuses: Single Aimed Shot: +3 to Strike and Short burst: +1 to Strike, and
Type of Missiles: Any type of mini missile with the exception of plasma, Normally high explosive or armor piercing.
Maximum Effective Range: Varies with missile type, Min Missiles only. Assume powered range is 8 x normal in space.
Mega Damage: Varies with mini missile types.
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, or all of one load (24).
Payload: Carries 12 for each launcher and 2 reloads for a total of 72 missiles.
Missile Type: Standard RDF short range missiles, usually high explosive, armor piercing, or plasma. Of course any short range missile can be used.
Maximum Effective Range: Varies with missile types, Short Range missiles only. Assume powered range is 8 x normal in space.
Mega Damage: Varies with short range missile types.
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, or all (24).
Payload: 12 each for a total of 24 missiles.
See Southern Cross Source book for more information
See Below for more Information.
Sensors & Equipment:
All other Sensors and Equipment are identical to Reconnaissance Alpha Veritech Fighter:
- Radar: 100 miles (160.9 km), can identify and track up to 48 targets simultaneously and can target 16 simultaneously.
- Inertial Compensators: Allows pilot to do very high G maneuvers without going unconscious.
- Protoculture Targeting System (Only some have it):
- Short Range: 2000 ft (600 m); +3 to strike bonus.
- Medium Range: 4000 ft (1200 m); +2 to strike bonus.
- Long Range: 11000 ft (3350 m or about 2 miles/3.2 km); +1 to strike bonus.
HAND TO HAND BONUSES
- Three Hand to Hand attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot).
- +4 to Roll with punch, fall, or impact (explosion), reducing damage by half.
- Body Flip/Throw: Damage 1D6 M.D., plus victim loses initiative plus one attack that melee.
- Kick Attack
- +2 to Strike
- +4 to Dodge (Auto Dodge while flying)
- +4 to Parry
- +2 to initiative
- Protoculture Targeting (not standard)
- One addition Hand to Hand attack at level six and level Twelve
- Restrained Punch: 1D4 M.D.
- Full Strength Punch: 2D6 M.D.
- Kick: 1D6 M.D.
- Leap Kick: 2D6 M.D.
- Body Block: 1D6 M.D.
- Body Flip/ Throw: 1D6 M.D.
- Flying Tackle: 3D6 MD, counts as two attacks
- Stomp: 1D6 M.D. (only effective on targets 8 feet or smaller)
[ EBSIS TM, Mega-Damage TM, Rifter TM, and S.D.C. TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Macross®, Robotech®, Robotech: Sentinels®, SDF-1®, Southern Cross®, and Zentraedi® are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Harmony Gold USA, Inc. ]
Image by Artist (If you are artist, please E-mail me).
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 1998, 1999, & 2001, Kitsune. All rights reserved.