U.S.S. Enterprise Carrier [CVN-65]:
The U.S.S. Enterprise is a very old ships but even though elderly, too useful for the RDF to just scrap the ship. The ship was originally built by the United States in 1961 and was still fully in commission during the Global War. It had been refitted several times and was slowly gaining battle awards to equal the World War II U.S.S. Enterprise CV-6. The original carrier Enterprise has more battle awards than any other naval ship. The ship ended its career for the US Navy in the year 1998 when the crew of the ship was killed.
The crew was either killed through a biological or chemical weapon or through some accident with biological or chemical weapons. The ship was found by an RDF fighter squadron that was patrolling the Southern Pacific around 2012 and the ship was in a surprisingly intact condition. A probable reason for this is due to a recent experimental paint and corrosion prevention system.
After careful study and fining that there was no biological or chemical agents on board and study to see if the ship would be worth refitting, it was decided that the ship would be worth refitting. The ship took a couple of years to refit and when finished, the ship had added ceramic armors to increase the ability to withstand damage and the weapon systems had been refitted to fire RDF style missiles. The ship also had some automation added which allowed for the reduction of the ships crew.
These refits and normal repairs took about half of the effort and manpower each in the refitting time require. The original fighters and other aircraft were replaced by RDF Mecha and Aircraft. The ship also had two Spartan and two Radar X destroids added to increase the ships ability to protect itself.
Model Type: CVN-65 Class Aircraft Carrier
Vehicle Type: Ocean, Nuclear Aircraft Carrier
Ship's Complement: 2,000 (3,319 while it was in US service)
Air Crew / Air Wing: 1,500 (2,625 while it was in US service)
Marines: 150 Marines (72 Marines while it was in US service)
Mecha and Vehicles:
Veritechs Fighters: 46 total
|10||VF-1A Veritech Fighters|
|6||VF-1J Veritech Fighters|
|2||VF-1S Veritech Fighters|
|4||VF-1A Super Veritech Fighters|
|2||VF-1J Super Veritech Fighters|
|2||VF-1S Super Veritech Fighters|
|20||VF-1X Veritech Fighters|
|10||UF-14 Supersonic Interceptors|
|5||QF-3000 E Ghost|
M.D.C. by location:
| Exterior Elevators (4):||250 each|
| Catapults (4):||10 each|
| Flight Deck:||2,500|
|Hanger Doors (4):||250 each|
|Raytheon GMLS Mk 29 8 tube launchers (3):||50 each|
|GDC Mk 49 Rolling Airframe Missile Quad Launcher (2):||50|
|GE/GD 20mm/76 Phalanx 6-barreled [Mk-15] (3):||40 each|
| SPS-49 Air Search Radar System||80|
| SPS-48 Air Search Radar System||80|
|Rudders (4):||100 each|
|Propellers (4):||100 each|
| Bridge / Command Tower:||800|
|Outer Hull (per 80 ft area):||50|
| Main Body:||6,000|
 In all four elevators are destroyed, no aircraft can be moved from the hangers to the flight deck, meaning that only destroids and veritechs can go leave the hanger.
 If the catapults are destroyed, non VTOL or STOL aircraft cannot be launched.
 If the flight deck is destroyed, only Veritechs and VTOL aircraft can be launched or land. VTOL aircraft are at -15% to piloting (veritechs are not effected)
 Destroying both SPS-49 and SPS-48 Air Search radar systems will eliminate the ships long range air search ability but weapon systems have backup fire control systems. Both air search systems are separate so both systems are not likely to be disable from a single hit.
 If command tower/bridge is destroyed, the SPS-49 Search Radar and most surface radar (SPS-48, Phalanx, and Missile launchers fire control remain) and most communication will be lost. Ship can still be piloted from engineering with a -15% to piloting rolls.
 Destroying the main body causes the ship to loose structural integrity, causing the ship to sink. There are enough life preservers and inflatable life boats to accommodate everyone on the ship.
On Water: 35 knots (40.3 mph / 64.8 kph) Cruise is normally around 30 knots (34.5 mph/ 55.6 kph).
Maximum Effective Range: Effectively Unlimited (must refuel about every ten years)
Length: 1,123 feet (342.3 meters)
Height: 39 feet (11.9 meters)
Width, Waterline: 133 ft (40.5 meters)
Width, Flight Deck: 248 ft (75.7 meters)
Displacement: 75,700 Tons (93,970 fully loaded)
Cargo: In addition to embarked troops and air group, the carrier can carry approximately 10,000 tons of extraneous cargo. Each enlisted crew member has a small locker for personal items and uniforms. Ship's officers have far more space for personal items. Most of the ship's spaces are taken up by extra ammo, armor, troops, weapons, and engines.
Main Engine: 8 A2W Nuclear Reactors. Each has an average life span of 10 years before needing to refuel.
Market Price: Not available
- GE/GD 20mm/76 Phalanx 6-barreled [Mk-15] (3): The ship has two mounts on the port side and two on the starboard side. The system was designed before the SDF-1 crashed and the weapon system used for ship defense. Weapon system now uses new ammo types that allow weapon to do enough M.D.C. to destroy the new missiles types. While the system can be used against ships, it is normally used against missile or aircraft. Each Turret can rotate 360 and has a 180 arc of fire. Each autocannon can fire on automatic at up to six targets per melee (Has +3 to strike missiles and +2 to strike aircraft).
- Raytheon GMLS Mk 29 8 tube launchers (3): This system is another design that is from before the crashing of the SDF-1 and the missiles it was designed for are no longer used. The RIM-7 missile has been replaced by standard RDF long range missiles. While the weapon system can be used against ships, it was designed to be used against missiles or aircraft. The launchers can launch at multiple targets simultaneously.
- GDC Mk 49 Rolling Airframe Missile Quad Launchers (2): These are Pre Global War RAM missile launching system and has been modified to use 21 Short Range Missiles. This missile mounts main purpose is for inner anti-missile point defense and was originally designed to deal with cruise missiles . Short Range Missiles are usually a mixture of 50% Armor Piercing and 50% Plasma. Launchers can lock onto multiple targets at the same. The systems missile launchers can target up four targets and can fire a volley up to twice per melee.
Maximum Effective Range: 5000 feet (1524 meters)
Mega-Damage: 4D6 for a burst of 60 round (1 for each round but gun always fires in bursts).
Rate of Fire: Six bursts per melee for each mount (Has +3 to strike missiles and +2 to strike aircraft).
Payload: 600 rounds (10 bursts) each. Ship carries an additional 18,000 rounds of ammunition in magazines. Autocannon requires 2 minutes (8 melees) to reload by properly trained personnel (Double for untrained crews).
Maximum Effective Range: varies with long range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Mega-Damage: varies with long range missile type (See Robotech RPG book)
Rate of Fire: Two (2) times per Melee, but can fire missiles one at a time or in volleys of 2 or 4.
Payload: 8 each Launcher (24 total), carries 240 reloads in storage set aside for launchers.
Maximum Effective Range: As per short range missile type (See Robotech RPG book).
Mega Damage: As per short range missile type (See Robotech RPG book).
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volley of two or four and can be used up to twice per melee per mount
Payload: 21 missiles each mount.
- SPS-49 Radar: Long range air search radar system. Radar system has a range of 445 nautical miles (512.1 miles / 824.1 km). Radar system can track up to 128 targets simultaneously.
- SPS-48E Radar: Medium to Long range air search radar system. Radar system has a range of 220 nautical miles (253.2 miles / 407.4 km). Radar system can track up to 256 targets simultaneously.
- ESM: Can detect another radar system at 125% of the range of the transmitting radar.
[ EBSIS TM, Mega-Damage TM, Rifter TM, and S.D.C. TM are trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Beyond the Supernatural®, Heroes Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies®, Palladium Fantasy®, and Rifts® are registered trademarks owned by Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books Inc. ]
[ Macross®, Robotech®, Robotech: Sentinels®, SDF-1®, Southern Cross®, and Zentraedi® are registered trademarks owned and licensed by Harmony Gold USA, Inc. ]
Writeup by Kitsune (E-Mail Kitsune).
Copyright © 1999 & 2001, Kitsune. All rights reserved.